IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I hope he's thinking about playing Gana or Besic  before Schneiderlin. I also think Jags will play before Holgate.

Of course that's just my opinion. 😐

I have no qualms with that those are the positions that are pretty much up for grabs for the first game of the season if he wants to play 3 at the back.

2 hours ago, 12ubb3rduck3y said:

So apparently Silva wants to play 3 at the back  (according to the daily fail). Looking at this formation if we land 'our targets' i still think we might be to slow in the midfield. Looks pretty good on paper though.

lineup (1).png

He would be insane to even consider that line up. Remember what City did to us when fat head decided to play 4-4-2? We'd get overrun in midfield every week. 

3 hours ago, 12ubb3rduck3y said:

So apparently Silva wants to play 3 at the back  (according to the daily fail). Looking at this formation if we land 'our targets' i still think we might be to slow in the midfield. Looks pretty good on paper though.

lineup (1).png

I thought he had said 433 and the only change would be how we set up in central midfield which is how we have played so far in pre-season?

Pickford

Seamus       Mina.         ??????       Digne

Gana.          Besic

Gylphy.  

Walcott.          Tosun.           Richarlison.

Choice of  Jags, Keane, Holgate, or a new centre back would be my starters.

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

Pickford

Seamus       Mina.         ??????       Digne

Gana.      Gylphy.    Besic.

Walcott.          Tosun.           Richarlison

Choice of  Jags, Keane, Holgate, or a new centre back would be my starters.

That’s a pretty good looking starting 11.. just hope Keane/Holgate really kick on this year and Besic has a good season. 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

IN: Richarlison
OUT: Joel, C Grant, Funes Mori, Rooney, Klaassen
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj
YOUTH: 
CONTRACT EXT: Beni Pennington Foulds Lavery Mampala Ouzounidis Kiersey Bramall Hilton Denny

added Davy to out

4 players out who would have been on a good pay packet weekly. 

We really need to get this digne and CB transfer sorted ASAP to give them time to bed into the team.

5 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Just want Williams, coco, mirralas and Morgan gone 

If Mirallas really has sorted out his head and is trying to play into Silvas team (as per the match feedback) I’d keep him until January. Said it earlier somewhere; a KM with the right attitude is a good player to have. Morgan the same. 

Cuco id thank for at least trying, even if he’s not that good. Williams has been a massive let down. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

If Mirallas really has sorted out his head and is trying to play into Silvas team (as per the match feedback) I’d keep him until January. Said it earlier somewhere; a KM with the right attitude is a good player to have. Morgan the same. 

Cuco id thank for at least trying, even if he’s not that good. Williams has been a massive let down. 

I think we have enough young options to say goodbye to Mirallas. He isnt a player we want to keep long term at 30 so if an offer comes in we need to let him go.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m in agreement with that, to be honest even with Silva as manager I think we will see as much of Schniderlin this season as last, but a lot less of Gana. 

We need to be ruthless now, the players have had enough chances to show their worth, and many have failed. I would get rid of the following:

Williams

Martina

Schneiderlin

Mirallas

Bolasie

Sandro

I would keep Besic as he will be competitive in midfield along with Davies, Gana, Benji.

I would keep Keane as I am still hoping that with a good partner and settles defense he will be a good player for us.

The sooner we get rid of the above players who clearly do not want to play for us, the sooner the dressing room will improve and we can get a reinforcements in and get a settled match day squad.

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

We need to be ruthless now, the players have had enough chances to show their worth, and many have failed. I would get rid of the following:

Williams

Martina

Schneiderlin

Mirallas

Bolasie

Sandro

I would keep Besic as he will be competitive in midfield along with Davies, Gana, Benji.

I would keep Keane as I am still hoping that with a good partner and settles defense he will be a good player for us.

The sooner we get rid of the above players who clearly do not want to play for us, the sooner the dressing room will improve and we can get a reinforcements in and get a settled match day squad.

I wouldn’t mind keeping Sandro to see if he can learn to cope with the physicality of the league better as he’s definitely shown ability this preseason. He will need time, though, which means that if Silva sees his best position out wide, after Richarlison, Walcott, Lookman and he, there won’t be a lot of minutes left for Mirallas. One of them definitely needs to go, and while Mirallas has also shown ability and effort this preseason, I’d go with youth and potential.

Everyone else needs to go yesterday.

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think we have enough young options to say goodbye to Mirallas. He isnt a player we want to keep long term at 30 so if an offer comes in we need to let him go.

If there’s a decent offer, I agree. But IF (big if) he’s sorted his head out, I wouldn’t be trying to get rid. 

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’m in agreement with that, to be honest even with Silva as manager I think we will see as much of Schniderlin this season as last, but a lot less of Gana. 

You’re just hopeful :lol: