IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

35 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Technically week and a half. Thursday Aug 9th deadline day.

Stek just signed extension so all conversation around GK is dead. Get the defense sorted ASAP. 

For some reason I've continuously had it in my head that it's Tuesday 7th.

Glad for the extra 2 days!!

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Every day I open up transfer rumours....

only to find that 90% of them aris is discussion other teams transfers. Time to get worried?

Considering we historically do all our business last minute, I’m not at all worried 

IN: Richarlison, Digne
OUT: Joel, C Grant, Funes Mori, Rooney, Klaassen
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj
YOUTH: 
CONTRACT EXT: Beni Pennington Foulds Lavery Mampala Ouzounidis Kiersey Bramall Hilton Denny Stek

Still so many that could go: Williams, Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro, Martina, Schneiderlin, Niasse, Vlasic, Lookman, Galloway, Browning, Pennington 

Based on Joyce’s comments today it seems Mirallas, Martina, Williams and Vlasic are the ‘deadwood’ and can go without being replaced.

I’d still expect Besic to go once Middlesbrough have the money from Traore’s sale (maybe Gibson too). I expect we’ll let Lookman go if he pushes and the right bid comes in. Sandro, Schneiderlin and Niasse still stand out for me - I think they’d all be available on the right terms.

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Big mistake letting Vlasic go. He's one of the few players we've got who have energy and ability. Mirallas is surely worth keeping until January given Walcott is injured and Bolasie/Sandro are useless. 

If someone wants Mirallas permanently then we need to jump at the chance.

I don't think we shouldnt be too keen to let Vlasic go. On loan, fair enough. But at the same time, I wouldn't cry if he went.

I mean, we say he's only 20. But Richarlison is only 21 and you see straight away he is a step above Vlasic, Lookman etc. Richarlison sets the bar for what a young player with potential really looks like.

Maybe we need to reset our expectations to a higher level.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

I don't think we shouldnt be too keen to let Vlasic go. On loan, fair enough. But at the same time, I wouldn't cry if he went.

I mean, we say he's only 20. But Richarlison is only 21 and you see straight away he is a step above Vlasic, Lookman etc. Richarlison sets the bar for what a young player with potential really looks like.

Maybe we need to reset our expectations to a higher level.

Definitely agree with that we keep going on about our younger players as if there the dogs bollocks, lets be honest there not and 20 isn’t to young if your the real deal, Davies Vlasic Lookman DCL there not good enough  to take any team to the top 4. 

On 01/08/2018 at 10:41, AlbanyNYToffee said:

IN: Richarlison, Digne
OUT: Joel, C Grant, Funes Mori, Rooney, Klaassen
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Williams, Mirallas
YOUTH: 
CONTRACT EXT: Beni Pennington Foulds Lavery Mampala Ouzounidis Kiersey Bramall Hilton Denny Stek

Still so many that could go: Williams, Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro, Martina, Schneiderlin, Niasse, Vlasic, Lookman, Galloway, Browning, Pennington 

that's 6 gone permenantly (williams contract is out this summer).  We hope Tarashaj, Mirallas, and Garbutt are all bought out at the end of their loans.  A lot of dead wood being cleared here, very happy with the job brands is doing so far.

I think the only shambles is that we have let central defenders go (our weakest position at the start of window) without replacements yet. I can see the same issue as when Lukaku left without replacement.

Who we got left,  jags, Keane and Holgate! That could see us in relegation fight. 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'm fairly confident Brands Silva and co have players lined up behind the scenes

The Richarlison deal initially came out of nowhere I expect a few more like that 

CB CM ST I think 

The closer to the end of the window it gets the more scared I become!