IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

1 minute ago, nogs said:

We have some serious cash, don't we? Get the feeling that Moshiri might be just a little pissed how badly its been wasted for the past two years? Let's hope we've got it right this time. 

Time will tell, but as I’ve said elsewhere, I’ve got a good feeling that I can’t explain. Key areas addressed with what look like exciting, comptent players. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Time will tell, but as I’ve said elsewhere, I’ve got a good feeling that I can’t explain. Key areas addressed with what look like exciting, comptent players. 

I'm excited too. But I was last year! I think the thing now is, with so many late signings, I don't expect it to gel right away. Second half of the season though we could start to see a real team. 

5 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'm excited too. But I was last year! I think the thing now is, with so many late signings, I don't expect it to gel right away. Second half of the season though we could start to see a real team. 

I wasn’t at all last year, I was scared. I’m happy to give the manager a season usually but I’ve/we’ve been burnt before. Despite that though, I’m still excited. Expecting an 8th place finish this season but, if Silva gets it together (and doesn’t fuck off/get distracted ala Watford), we might be CL ready next year. 

Tell you what, im really happy about Bernard and Mina. Two class players, Bernard probably he most exciting signing in a while but the one that gets me really excited is Gomes. I think he will surprise everyone. We know what Bernard can do and he wont let us down but Gomes is a wild card. Really looking forward to this season. 

Really pleased with our business in this window. We can now put that nightmare pre-season behind us and push on.

We have signed international players with experience at the highest level. Hopefully the players gel quickly and produce what Brands and Silva have visualised.

20 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Tell you what, im really happy about Bernard and Mina. Two class players, Bernard probably he most exciting signing in a while but the one that gets me really excited is Gomes. I think he will surprise everyone. We know what Bernard can do and he wont let us down but Gomes is a wild card. Really looking forward to this season. 

I watched a vid of Gomes and liked how fast and direct he was, seems to create a lot with quick passing and pushes on to join in.

What I like about all of our attacking signings is they are quick players that will look to push forwards.   Hopefully we won't see dull, slow and sidesways passing football that we've seen too much in the last few years.

I can see why they would have wanted Welbeck as he fits that same mould but I think Tosun should compliment them well, getting into good positions to finish what they create. 

Fantastic window overall.

GK: Pickford, stek

DR: Coleman, Kenny

DC: Mina, Zouma, Keane, Jags, Holgate

DL: Digne, Baines

CDM: Gomes, Morgan, Gana, Jimmy Mac

CM: Siggy, Bernard, Davies

Wingers: Walcott, Richalison, Lookman, (Bernard)

STC: Tosun, DCL, Niasse

Have I missed anyone?

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

LW: Walcott

RW:  Richalison, Lookman

Have I missed anyone?

Richarlison plays on the left, Walcott on the right. 

27 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Wingers: Walcott, Richalison, Lookman, (Bernard)

Have I missed anyone?

Hopefully we won’t see much of Jags, Keane, McCarthy, Davies and DCL this season then. 

Before the window: 

Pickford

Coleman Keane Jags Baines

Gana Schneiderlin

Walcott Sigurdsson Bolasie

Tosun

After the window:

Pickford

Coleman Mina Zouma (maybe) Digne

Gomes Sigurdsson

Walcott     Bernard      Richarlison

Tosun                

I think we got a little better. 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Have you taken age into account?

No, and I now see we have plenty of young players in the 33, so no problem.

Well, except for the potential problems with players not wanted — Martina, Bolasie, Besic (?), Vlasic (?), Sandro (?).

Maybe a deal with European clubs for 2 or 3 of these?