Sign in to follow this  
Aidan

Summer Transfer Window

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Felt sympathy for Klaassen having to try a stamp his mark in a team managed by two of the biggest pricks to come to this club as managers, Klaassen like Deli for me are possibly the ones that  got away who under Silva could have come to the fore. 

I wouldn’t call Klaassen a failure our managers failed him anyone who was a footballer with some ability was going to fail in their Sunday team pub football. 

Agree on Klaassen. He's killing it for WB right now in the Bundesliga. Don't think he got enough of a chance here.

Luka Jovic looks a quality player for Frankfurt.

Haller come on with 3 to go in normal time, now 10 played in extra time and think he’s touched it once, big fella though - takes corners though, which is strange.

edit - haller just missed a sitter 

IN: 
OUT: 
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: 
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen
CONTRACT EXT: Davies

Out of contract: Jags, Baines, A Williams, Pennington, Dowell, Connolly, Hewelt, JHilton, Foulds, Ouzounidis, Charsley, Lavery, Mathis, Mampala, Sambou

51 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

The star are saying we are in talks to swap Danny rose foe Digne 😂

We’ve already sold Keane, Digne, Gueye and Richarlison and lost Zouma and Gomes according to some rags!!!

some players available on a free

Kompany - City

Sturridge, Moreno - Shite

Mata, Herrera, Valencia - United

Welbeck, Cech, Lichtsteiner - Arsenal

Giroud, Cahill - Chelsea 

Llorente, Vorm - Spurs

Vermaelen - Barca

Barzagli - Juve

Rabiot, Buffon - PSG

Robben, Ribery, Rafinha - Bayern

Brahimi - Porto

Mata the only one i'd think about.  Rabiot is out of our league sadly, nice player.

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

I would be surprised if he didn't. He's a club legend and still a great player when fit.

Maybe he wants to go out at the top? Scored the goal that won em the league and maybe a domestic treble. Going to be hard to top that. He will walk into a nice contract somewhere abroad I would have thought 

4 hours ago, sibdane said:

If we don't keep Zouma I'd take Kompany in a heartbeat.

He’s been great for them. Can’t see him leaving for a PL club, let alone coming here especially if Jags gets a years extension. Do wonder if he could have a Barry like effect though...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

He’s been great for them. Can’t see him leaving for a PL club, let alone coming here especially if Jags gets a years extension. Do wonder if he could have a Barry like effect though...

Would Gary Cahill be a realistic senior pro to bring in? Doesn’t seem to get injured, pretty much had a year off so his body hasn’t been battered for a while. Always rated him. 

54 minutes ago, StevO said:

Would Gary Cahill be a realistic senior pro to bring in? Doesn’t seem to get injured, pretty much had a year off so his body hasn’t been battered for a while. Always rated him. 

Assuming his legs haven't gone he'd be a good choice for an experienced centre half/role model. He'd also push for first team position rather than just be the back up.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Yes I would take him, I’ve said before I thought he was a good CB.  If jags leaves I would go for him

We have a DoF who wants a young and exciting side and you lot want to go Allardyce the team? 

Instead of signing over-the-hill players with high wages how about signing young, motivated players with potential? 

2 hours ago, Makis said:

We have a DoF who wants a young and exciting side and you lot want to go Allardyce the team? 

Instead of signing over-the-hill players with high wages how about signing young, motivated players with potential? 

I think most this is taking into account that jags retires and Zouma goes back on loan leaving;

keane - 26

mina - 24

holgate - 21(?)

Jury is still out on Mina but I think he will come good. Best result is to get Zouma but if not why not throw an old head in with that, you know 100% what you will get from him he needs to step in for a few games and probably still has enough in him to be a strong CB for a season or two. Let Mina/Holgate settle and develop. Cahill offers good depth, great experience 

5 hours ago, Makis said:

No. As I said, I’d expect Kompany or Cahill to have an impact like Barry did for Martinez 

5 hours ago, Makis said:

I thinks it’s more people want experience mixed in the with youth.

Our premier 2 champions team wouldn’t do well in the premier league without having a mix of experience.

Im sure Brands and co will look for youth, but also keep the right balance of experience.

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He wants to play football and he wouldn’t get much of a look in here. 

Totally agree.  If we get Zouma then it wouldn't bother me if we also got Cahill BUT he would never be in the team. So why would he ever want to come here?

If we do not get Zouma and try to replace him with Cahill?! Haha, nope.  Would need to be someone similar.  I am all for Mina developing but we cannot lose the momentum we had defensively at the end of the season.

Plus I have a feeling Holgate will end up challenging Coleman for RB. 

Cahill, it too slow, has poor mobility, that's why he couldn't get a game for Chelsea, that's why he shouldn't join us.

If we can't get Zouma or someone else of equal quality then we have Mina, and youth options who would be a better choice.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

No. As I said, I’d expect Kompany or Cahill to have an impact like Barry did for Martinez 

Or he might have an impact like Williams.

When you start looking at players of his age you should only offer play and pay contracts, that way they have to try other wise you don’t pay them and you don’t run the risk of someone who’s happy to sit on the bench and pick his pension up. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The window opens at 12:01am. 

Is that domestic and international, I'm sure I heard something about the domestic window opening and closing sooner than the international window, if that is the case we will have to wait a little longer before we find out if Gomes is signing or not.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Is that domestic and international, I'm sure I heard something about the domestic window opening and closing sooner than the international window, if that is the case we will have to wait a little longer before we find out if Gomes is signing or not.

It’s just domestic. The international window is from June 9th. 

But theres no reason why we’d have to wait until then to find out if Gomes is signing. Transfers can be agreed and announced, it’s just that the paperwork can’t be completed until that date. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

It’s just domestic. The international window is from June 9th. 

But theres no reason why we’d have to wait until then to find out if Gomes is signing. Transfers can be agreed and announced, it’s just that the paperwork can’t be completed until that date. 

Cheers mate I hate the unknown or waiting game I hope if he isn'tt signing they let us know straight away, so as supporters we can move on and concentrate on others.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

If Marco says we are going to be aggressive I think Gomes tonight should be nailed on? Don’t see why we would wait? 

If that was the case we could have signed him weeks/months ago. Wolves did it mid season. 

Nothing has been agreed yet or we would have heard about it already,  I need to wait for the window. 

13 hours ago, Makis said:

Or he might have an impact like Williams.

Unlikely. He’s played at the highest level for a decade, won a load of trophies. Completely different characters in my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Unlikely. He’s played at the highest level for a decade, won a load of trophies. Completely different characters in my opinion. 

It's quite likely. He's been injured a lot and usually that doesn't change when players age.

3 hours ago, Makis said:

It's quite likely. He's been injured a lot and usually that doesn't change when players age.

Can’t argue with that, but I’m more interested by the mentality factor. He’s a proven winner

3 hours ago, jofanon said:

Rubbish is Brands.  Bring back Martina and Davy!

Thinking we should offer Mirralas an extension after his successful loan spell as well!

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Thinking we should offer Mirralas an extension after his successful loan spell as well!

Talking of Kev, if you watch season highlights of his Moyes/Martinez games, he’s involved a lot. 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Talking of Kev, if you watch season highlights of his Moyes/Martinez games, he’s involved a lot. 

so sad how far he's fallen.  i remember one moyes match he took the ball in our half drove to their half beating 3 men and then rounded the keeper and scored.  i thought this guy is gonna be something.  sadly he was so hot and cold and his attitude issues prevented it from happening.  i remember moyes complaining about his attitude and application back then too, said he refused to track back.

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

so sad how far he's fallen.  i remember one moyes match he took the ball in our half drove to their half beating 3 men and then rounded the keeper and scored.  i thought this guy is gonna be something.  sadly he was so hot and cold and his attitude issues prevented it from happening.  i remember moyes complaining about his attitude and application back then too, said he refused to track back.

Hopefully Fiorentina is just playing hard to get until we offer him on a free vs the 7m permanent option in the current deal. (fingers crossed)

On 09/05/2019 at 22:10, Btay said:

Luka Jovic looks a quality player for Frankfurt.

Haller come on with 3 to go in normal time, now 10 played in extra time and think he’s touched it once, big fella though - takes corners though, which is strange.

edit - haller just missed a sitter 

Just signed for Real Madrid for €60m. 

On 09/05/2019 at 00:42, StevO said:

I’m with you Mark, I love Gylfi, I’d have also kept Rooney for one more year. I think he could have been useful this season, especially around Christmas when things got tougher. 

On 09/05/2019 at 01:01, rubecula said:

good call he was past his best but still better than a few of the ones we had at the time.

We needed him off the wage bill so that we bring in Gomes, Digne, Bernard, Zouma et al

13 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Sky sports are reporting we are extremely interested in Mitrovic. Not my cup of tea if I’m honest. Would prefer a speedy player 

they paid 22m for him from newcastle.  maybe Brands is hoping to get him on the cheap say 25m and they want the funds since they are going down?  He's only 24 so there's room to grow there.  Honestly i haven't watched enough of him to know what kind of player he is.  What does he excel at?

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

they paid 22m for him from newcastle.  maybe Brands is hoping to get him on the cheap say 25m and they want the funds since they are going down?  He's only 24 so there's room to grow there.  Honestly i haven't watched enough of him to know what kind of player he is.  What does he excel at?

He’s a powerful forward, good in the air and a powerful shot. He’s a nuisance for defenders, gave us a torrid time.

Im a fan of his to be honest. Good old fashioned powerful forward. Good at leading the line.