IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

8 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

No, and I now see we have plenty of young players in the 33, so no problem.

Well, except for the potential problems with players not wanted — Martina, Bolasie, Besic (?), Vlasic (?), Sandro (?).

Maybe a deal with European clubs for 2 or 3 of these?

CSKA Moscow are interested in Vlasic according to Paul Joyce. 

This summer feels like half of my FIFA 15 Everton team I put together, which included:

Baines

Coleman

Zouma

Bernard

Walcott

It also had Barkley, Lukaku and Atsu in it...less said about those 3 the better. 

Only missing Ter Stegan, Sule and Goretzka! 

Haven't played FIFA since 😢 damn parenting responsibilities!!!

2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Before the window: 

Pickford

Coleman Keane Jags Baines

Gana Schneiderlin

Walcott Sigurdsson Bolasie

Tosun

After the window:

Pickford

Coleman Mina Zouma (maybe) Digne

Gomes Sigurdsson

Walcott     Bernard      Richarlison

Tosun                

I think we got a little better. 

Great line up to watch attack but can't see us playing that!

Gomes is in no way a ball winning, tackling centre mid, nor is sig. That midfield would be torn apart by half decent attackers.

From what i see Gomes prefers to play on the left but can play central or on the right.

I don't think we'll see all 3 of those new midfielders along with sig and walcott playing together too often.  No problem with that though, good different options and chance to change things around for different games

1 hour ago, aaron said:

I shudder to think that in an alternative universe Sam Allardyce has just unveiled Mark Noble, Lucas Perez and a fresh from retirement Titus Bramble as the latest Everton players...

Speaking of Allardyce, here's his take on our transfer window...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sam-allardyce-say-evertons-transfer-15010802

As much as I hate the snide prick, he's at least partly right about the need to finish off the good work. 

Depending on where Marco wants the  additions playing...Need to find quality/1st division loan moves for Joe Williams, Kieran Dowell (depending on Bernard's position), Tom Davies, Nikola Vlasic (is CSKA loan/sale?).  Pennington will go on loan to championship, if/once Zouma is confirmed.

Bolasie just needs to go...to whoever will take him.

One of Besic/Schneiderlin/Gana should probably be sold, although then maybe want Williams to stick around as emergency cover.  Not really sure who would provide decent cover from u23's.

5 hours ago, nogs said:

Richarlison plays on the left, Walcott on the right. 

Bernard a natural left winger as well but can play anywhere across the front 3. I see our front 3 behind tonsun swapping depending on who we are playing and want to isolate etc.... we are super scary attacking wise. Let’s hope our midfield can get their foot on the ball and play positive forward passes. 

7 hours ago, 12ubb3rduck3y said:

Bernard a natural left winger as well but can play anywhere across the front 3. I see our front 3 behind tonsun swapping depending on who we are playing and want to isolate etc.... we are super scary attacking wise. Let’s hope our midfield can get their foot on the ball and play positive forward passes. 

I'm not sure we'll play 4-2-3-1. The signings suggest two being pushed right up wide with Tosun and a three-man midfield. We'll see on Saturday I suppose. 

Great window tbf- I know it’s a lot of players again but we had no choice, we were desperate for at least 3 defenders, a centre mid with vision and some pace up front and we got it.

Besic, Sandro and Bolasie need shipping out though. How many of Koemans signings would be left if they all went ( I’m aware Besic wasn’t his) Pickford, Schneiderlin and Keane would it be?

34 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Great window tbf- I know it’s a lot of players again but we had no choice, we were desperate for at least 3 defenders, a centre mid with vision and some pace up front and we got it.

Besic, Sandro and Bolasie need shipping out though. How many of Koemans signings would be left if they all went ( I’m aware Besic wasn’t his) Pickford, Schneiderlin and Keane would it be?

Gana and Sig too

16 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

IN: Richarlison, Digne, Bernard, Mina
OUT: Joel, C Grant, Funes Mori, Rooney, Klaassen
LOAN IN: A Gomes
LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Williams, Mirallas, Robinson, Connolly
YOUTH: J Virginia
CONTRACT EXT: Beni Pennington Foulds Lavery Mampala Ouzounidis Kiersey Bramall Hilton Denny Stek Dowell Connolly

You can add Zouma to the LOAN IN section now -- confirmed on the OS. 

17 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Great line up to watch attack but can't see us playing that!

Gomes is in no way a ball winning, tackling centre mid, nor is sig. That midfield would be torn apart by half decent attackers.

From what i see Gomes prefers to play on the left but can play central or on the right.

I don't think we'll see all 3 of those new midfielders along with sig and walcott playing together too often.  No problem with that though, good different options and chance to change things around for different games

I don’t see us playing it unless we’re really going for the throat, but it’s certainly our best attacking XI and Gomes is capable of playing DM, though I’m not sure if he’s ever done it without another DM alongside him.

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Will hold final judgement until the end of the season but surely yesterday was one of the better days for EFC in the past decade.

Likely headed for foreign loan: Bolasie, Vlasic, Martina, Besic

Mystery: Sandro, Niasse, Lookman, Galloway, Browning, Pennington

IT'S THE HOPE THAT KILLS YOU. 

Sandro, Niasse and Lookman will feature, at least in the cups. From the rest, I hope Besic and Vlasic get chances, the rest I wish well for their futures 

It was a good window regardless of how they perform. 

The reason I say this is because of the intent. The board have gave the manager ultimate support. It’s now down to the manager and coaches to find a way to get these players to perform for Everton and not themselves. Direction and materials have been provided, it’s now down to the team staff to put it all into practise.

31 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It was a good window regardless of how they perform. 

The reason I say this is because of the intent. The board have gave the manager ultimate support. It’s now down to the manager and coaches to find a way to get these players to perform for Everton and not themselves. Direction and materials have been provided, it’s now down to the team staff to put it all into practise.

I agree there isnt much else the board could do in terms of the 'players in' given all the circumstances that surround this window. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'd still like to see some players sold or put out on loan.  mccarthy, vlasic, martina, pennington, besic, galloway, browning.  also decide if dowell is going on loan or staying and getting time.

You really have it In for McCarthy, don’t you? The guy is injured because he’s one of the few from last season who really gave his all and made a difference  IMO, you don’t reward that by pushing out  

43 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

You really have it In for McCarthy, don’t you? The guy is injured because he’s one of the few from last season who really gave his all and made a difference  IMO, you don’t reward that by pushing out  

He plays 5 matches a year, get rid and save the wages for someone who can actually show up.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He plays 5 matches a year, get rid and save the wages for someone who can actually show up.

It’s not just about on the pitch, he’s part of the team and everyone will be watching him trying to get fit. His mentality is a positive thing to have around and I’ve no doubt we’ll see him back at his best soon enough.