IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We need to bring someone in that can unlock tight defences like we faced yesterday. That is our major in-game problem at the moment.

This.

Don't know why people are moaning about DCL. I'd be holding Sigurdssen and Gana more responsibe for not getting him on the ball, it's not like DCL is just waiting round the lad is constantly harassing the defenders. The players behind him should be closer to get the knock ons or help him get some space. 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

This.

Don't know why people are moaning about DCL. I'd be holding Sigurdssen and Gana more responsibe for not getting him on the ball, it's not like DCL is just waiting round the lad is constantly harassing the defenders. The players behind him should be closer to get the knock ons or help him get some space. 

I'd say it is the rest of the team that needs to provide him with better opportunities, give him a few crosses to attack and we would do much better goal wise.

22 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We need to bring someone in that can unlock tight defences like we faced yesterday. That is our major in-game problem at the moment.

Agree we need a goalscorer. Augero for city against burnley - scrappy goal but he’s always there for those kind of chances and takes them. 

Not saying we will get him but I want a big name striker around the right age to come in and perform.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Would love us to throw money at Lacazette for next season. 

With all the creative players arsenal has he hasn’t done much, I haven’t been too impressed with him.  Granted I haven’t seen a lot of him.  I’m hoping for more of a Jimenez type from wolves, guy signed from a foreign league for a good deal and proves our scouting department is decent.  No idea who that would be though

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

With all the creative players arsenal has he hasn’t done much, I haven’t been too impressed with him.  Granted I haven’t seen a lot of him.  I’m hoping for more of a Jimenez type from wolves, guy signed from a foreign league for a good deal and proves our scouting department is decent.  No idea who that would be though

I remember we were looking at Jiminez when Koeman was here and there was a lot of noses turned up. 

Who are Arsenal’s creative players by the way? Because I look at their team and I wouldn’t have any one of their midfield. Ozil is done, mkhirtarien or what ever it is have been rubbish, Iwobi average, Ramsey hasn’t seemed to feature much since his contract.

20 minutes ago, Btay said:

I remember we were looking at Jiminez when Koeman was here and there was a lot of noses turned up. 

Who are Arsenal’s creative players by the way? Because I look at their team and I wouldn’t have any one of their midfield. Ozil is done, mkhirtarien or what ever it is have been rubbish, Iwobi average, Ramsey hasn’t seemed to feature much since his contract.

ozil ramsey torreria (sp?) i would say.  mkhitaryan to a lesser extent.  i agree they are out of sorts but i'm saying not just this year but last year he wasn't lighting the league up goal wise (like he was the french league with Lyon).  Plus i think he would be super expensive due to reputation and coming from arsenal and his wages (walcott for example).  I get the thought and i don't mean to try and bash the guy you put forward when i put nothing forward.  just think he would be too expensive for what we got in return.  i mean if he is the missing piece i'm all for it and if Marcel and Marco say this is what we need then i'm in, i just have a feeling it will be some foreign type player.  i could be totally wrong (usually am on here lol).

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Margins are so much smaller now on value for players. Mediocre players and going for 25-30 million and someone who’s shown some signs of being above that is worth upwards of 50. Very easy to get it wrong and lose lots of money. Gana for 7 million though....

Are you saying he is mediocre because his value is between 25 & 30 million based on what PSG were prepared to pay for him and what the club were supposedly prepared to accept for him.

By the way I'm not disagreeing with you I wholeheartedly think you are right, like a property a players value is only what someone is prepared to pay for them, Messi is a mansion in Mayfair and Gana is a terrace in Sunderland.

34 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Are you saying he is mediocre because his value is between 25 & 30 million based on what PSG were prepared to pay for him and what the club were supposedly prepared to accept for him.

By the way I'm not disagreeing with you I wholeheartedly think you are right, like a property a players value is only what someone is prepared to pay for them, Messi is a mansion in Mayfair and Gana is a terrace in Sunderland.

So Bernard must be  piece of dirty land with no building on at all, just maybe a scrap of cardboard.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

No I’m saying bang average players in general are going for that. Ala Tosun, solanke. The inflation of prices has reduced the margin of area in transfers. 10 million has become 30 million - if that makes sense?

On 29/04/2019 at 07:26, Btay said:

Would love us to throw money at Lacazette for next season. 

He was my shout to replace Lukaku before he went to arsenal. The other shout was to insist on rashford as part exchange. 

Granted.... I did tout Wilfried Bony as a player I liked but my crystal ball never showed him as doing a lukaku-esque "Let's get a big move and retire from being a professional"....

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

solanke another dud.  the Liverpool recruitment last summer was woeful bar allisson.  keita solanke fabinho.  3 misses.

There are always normally more misses than hits in most clubs, but this season Brands broke the trend even Mina if he could stay fit will become an asset. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

There are always normally more misses than hits in most clubs, but this season Brands broke the trend even Mina if he could stay fit will become an asset. 

monchi worked miracles at Sevilla but has been mixed at Roma.  SAF had an overall positive track record.  Leonardo at PSG net positive. It can be done, just has to be the right persons and staff.  i have faith in Brands and co.

34 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

monchi worked miracles at Sevilla but has been mixed at Roma.  SAF had an overall positive track record.  Leonardo at PSG net positive. It can be done, just has to be the right persons and staff.  i have faith in Brands and co.

👍

9 hours ago, hafnia said:

He was my shout to replace Lukaku before he went to arsenal. The other shout was to insist on rashford as part exchange. 

Granted.... I did tout Wilfried Bony as a player I liked but my crystal ball never showed him as doing a lukaku-esque "Let's get a big move and retire from being a professional"....

I wouldn't brag about that neither are what we need. Especially Rashford, even the Man U fans are starting to accept he's not good enough. Personally feel DCL should be getting in the England team ahead of him. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

SAF has a surprisingly bad record if you don't count the first era of kids (that was mostly Bobby Charlton's doing). They had the money to make sure they found the right player in the end if it never worked and notoriously failed in finding a replacement for Keane.