IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The window opens at 12:01am. 

Is that domestic and international, I'm sure I heard something about the domestic window opening and closing sooner than the international window, if that is the case we will have to wait a little longer before we find out if Gomes is signing or not.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Is that domestic and international, I'm sure I heard something about the domestic window opening and closing sooner than the international window, if that is the case we will have to wait a little longer before we find out if Gomes is signing or not.

It’s just domestic. The international window is from June 9th. 

But theres no reason why we’d have to wait until then to find out if Gomes is signing. Transfers can be agreed and announced, it’s just that the paperwork can’t be completed until that date. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

It’s just domestic. The international window is from June 9th. 

But theres no reason why we’d have to wait until then to find out if Gomes is signing. Transfers can be agreed and announced, it’s just that the paperwork can’t be completed until that date. 

Cheers mate I hate the unknown or waiting game I hope if he isn'tt signing they let us know straight away, so as supporters we can move on and concentrate on others.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

If Marco says we are going to be aggressive I think Gomes tonight should be nailed on? Don’t see why we would wait? 

If that was the case we could have signed him weeks/months ago. Wolves did it mid season. 

Nothing has been agreed yet or we would have heard about it already,  I need to wait for the window. 

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Unlikely. He’s played at the highest level for a decade, won a load of trophies. Completely different characters in my opinion. 

It's quite likely. He's been injured a lot and usually that doesn't change when players age.

3 hours ago, Makis said:

It's quite likely. He's been injured a lot and usually that doesn't change when players age.

Can’t argue with that, but I’m more interested by the mentality factor. He’s a proven winner

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Talking of Kev, if you watch season highlights of his Moyes/Martinez games, he’s involved a lot. 

so sad how far he's fallen.  i remember one moyes match he took the ball in our half drove to their half beating 3 men and then rounded the keeper and scored.  i thought this guy is gonna be something.  sadly he was so hot and cold and his attitude issues prevented it from happening.  i remember moyes complaining about his attitude and application back then too, said he refused to track back.

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

so sad how far he's fallen.  i remember one moyes match he took the ball in our half drove to their half beating 3 men and then rounded the keeper and scored.  i thought this guy is gonna be something.  sadly he was so hot and cold and his attitude issues prevented it from happening.  i remember moyes complaining about his attitude and application back then too, said he refused to track back.

Hopefully Fiorentina is just playing hard to get until we offer him on a free vs the 7m permanent option in the current deal. (fingers crossed)

On 09/05/2019 at 22:10, Btay said:

Luka Jovic looks a quality player for Frankfurt.

Haller come on with 3 to go in normal time, now 10 played in extra time and think he’s touched it once, big fella though - takes corners though, which is strange.

edit - haller just missed a sitter 

Just signed for Real Madrid for €60m. 

On 09/05/2019 at 00:42, StevO said:

I’m with you Mark, I love Gylfi, I’d have also kept Rooney for one more year. I think he could have been useful this season, especially around Christmas when things got tougher. 

On 09/05/2019 at 01:01, rubecula said:

good call he was past his best but still better than a few of the ones we had at the time.

We needed him off the wage bill so that we bring in Gomes, Digne, Bernard, Zouma et al

13 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Sky sports are reporting we are extremely interested in Mitrovic. Not my cup of tea if I’m honest. Would prefer a speedy player 

they paid 22m for him from newcastle.  maybe Brands is hoping to get him on the cheap say 25m and they want the funds since they are going down?  He's only 24 so there's room to grow there.  Honestly i haven't watched enough of him to know what kind of player he is.  What does he excel at?

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

they paid 22m for him from newcastle.  maybe Brands is hoping to get him on the cheap say 25m and they want the funds since they are going down?  He's only 24 so there's room to grow there.  Honestly i haven't watched enough of him to know what kind of player he is.  What does he excel at?

He’s a powerful forward, good in the air and a powerful shot. He’s a nuisance for defenders, gave us a torrid time.

Im a fan of his to be honest. Good old fashioned powerful forward. Good at leading the line.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He’s a powerful forward, good in the air and a powerful shot. He’s a nuisance for defenders, gave us a torrid time.

Im a fan of his to be honest. Good old fashioned powerful forward. Good at leading the line.

that actually would make sense with our players and setup.  only issues i can see are does he work hard off the ball?  can he press?  and lastly is he faster than Tosun?  that's about a minimum speed wise we need.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

that actually would make sense with our players and setup.  only issues i can see are does he work hard off the ball?  can he press?  and lastly is he faster than Tosun?  that's about a minimum speed wise we need.

Hard worker but not the fastest but probably more so than Tosun. He's similar in style to Troy Deeney. 

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don't think he is the right fit for us, he can be lazy and isn'tt a team player, if we're going to pay that sort of money for a CF I'd rather go for Rondon, he plays a similar game to DCL, but has scored more goals this season, of course he has played more games than DCL. I really like DCL he would run through brick walls for us, and bar scoring more contributes a huge amount, if he could improve the goals to 18-20 he would be brilliant.

Priorities now are a first choice CB, 2 CM (if Gana leaves and gomes dont sign), and a striker.

We could add loads to the squad this summer, realistically we need a first choice CB, RB, 2 CM, RM, and CF, and back up in LB and RB, but adding too much to the squad would disrupt the side. I hope we can find the shrewd signings we need.