IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

Is the tide of opinion slowly turning on whether Gana is good enough reading the last post I would say yes, also Saturday someone come out with a backlash of discontent about him, I think the number that post on here has risen considerably more than the 2 Ps and Seve that believes he isn'tt good enough to get you up the league.

Can we now please concede that there is an element of truth in what Pete and myself have been saying about him for the last 18 months or so, even if you only agree with a fraction of it because on the basis of Saturday's game he'd struggle to get a place in a 1st division team.

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Is the tide of opinion slowly turning on whether Gana is good enough reading the last post I would say yes, also Saturday someone come out with a backlash of discontent about him, I think the number that post on here has risen considerably more than the 2 Ps and Seve that believes he isn'ttt good enough to get you up the league.

Can we now please concede that there is an element of truth in what Pete and myself have been saying about him for the last 18 months or so, even if you only agree with a fraction of it because on the basis of Saturday's game he'd struggle to get a place in a 1st division team.

Same could be said of virtually the whole team, woeful performance, and all down to the managers team selection, set up and influence on the players confidence. TBH I think your focusing on the wrong issue, Gana alone is not the reason we're looking so bad. I know it's a drum your keen to bang, and do so, but let's get a new manager in and sort out the team selection and setup, then we can see if he's as you say he is.  

No I don’t think your right at all Palfy. He would walk into a 1st division team. He would walk into many premier teams as well.

Nonis arguing that he is good enough to get us top six. And your argument hasn’t been that he isn’t good enough either... it’s been that he isn’t even a premier standard player... which he clearly is.

Its unfair to focus on him while others are getting with daylight robbery at our club.

Opinion is divided and you do have more on your side, but then only fact is that he IS a premier league player and very highly rated.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

No I don’t think your right at all Palfy. He would walk into a 1st division team. He would walk into many premier teams as well.

Nonis arguing that he is good enough to get us top six. And your argument hasn’t been that he isn’t good enough either... it’s been that he isn’t even a premier standard player... which he clearly is.

Its unfair to focus on him while others are getting with daylight robbery at our club.

Opinion is divided and you do have more on your side, but then only fact is that he IS a premier league player and very highly rated.

Why is he good enough for the premier league 

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It speaks for itself mate.

Yours is just an opinion, you need to realise that, just as mine and everyone else’s is. 

But there is only one fact that you cannot dispute... he IS a premier league player. You may not agree with it, but you can’t deny it. When he is fit... he’s picked. 

I know you don’t like stats, but people o it use them to back opinions... just like when you post the stats about him giving the ball away to back yours up! ..... after all, there is stat for that too. I know I have sent this challenge out multiple times..... but I’m still waiting for someone, anyone , surely there must be something out there to back it up if he is actually that bad, as when I watch with my own eyes.... I can count his mistakes a match one one hand.... whereas the rest of the team I need a calculator 😉

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Is the tide of opinion slowly turning on whether Gana is good enough reading the last post I would say yes, also Saturday someone come out with a backlash of discontent about him, I think the number that post on here has risen considerably more than the 2 Ps and Seve that believes he isn'ttt good enough to get you up the league.

No. It's just people, very much including myself, get bored of the same old same shit. You've posted some absolute bollocks about the bloke in various threads, and I just can't be arsed with repeating my own very valid points over and over.

That's all the time youre getting from me on it.

14 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

No. It's just people, very much including myself, get bored of the same old same shit. You've posted some absolute bollocks about the bloke in various threads, and I just can't be arsed with repeating my own very valid points over and over.

That's all the time youre getting from me on it.

At least it's woke you up I was getting bored there's only so much sun and Magners you can take in a day.

No harm meant by it just a bit of banter.😁

4 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Same could be said of virtually the whole team, woeful performance, and all down to the managers team selection, set up and influence on the players confidence. TBH I think your focusing on the wrong issue, Gana alone is not the reason we're looking so bad. I know it's a drum your keen to bang, and do so, but let's get a new manager in and sort out the team selection and setup, then we can see if he's as you say he is.  

3 managers yet the same problems still exist in midfield. I'd say that's points to the players. Just looking at the bottom I'd swap him for any of Allen, Ward-Prowse, Brunt, Carroll. Not that any are that good, just Gana is so bad. I doubt any midfielder's touch, passing and positioning is as poor as his. It's embarrassing at times. 

On 06/05/2018 at 11:21, Palfy said:

Agree with your assessment of Schneiderlin I think he's a quality player still top six player but can't do it on his own, stick around mate you talk sense.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.  I get that you dislike Gana but let's be real.  Does Morgan have some qualities? Sure, maybe, but his attitude is ALL wrong. 

I wouldn't pick Morgan to be in my Sunday league team.  What's next? Starting Mirallas next season?

Play Beni or buy someone, Morgan does not solve your grievances with Gana.

16 hours ago, 12ubb3rduck3y said:

I just re-registered with Facebook 😊. Number one priority has to be a proven box to box centre mid someone who can pass and has better movement than gana without the ball. We problably played our best stuff with James McCarthy was playing this season and he’s bang average.

If we have the money for Lofthouse Cheek we should go all in for him with a bid,  to big for palace to compete with then offer gana to crystal palace. 

Watched a lot of Palace this year and they played good stuff and everything went through Lofthouse Cheek to their front three. Their fullbacks are awful though. 

Hopefully the squads sorted when I visit the UK again next year 👍

It's not just me plaidharper, and your right Schneiderlin let himself his team mates and supporters down everyone fucks up now and then, but he's turned that round in the last few games and hopefully we will see the player that went from Southampton to Utd, I believe it's still in him.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I can imagine the first time Gana gets dropped for his performance.... you’ll be thinking you were right all along and it was only a matter of time haha.

Doesnt make a difference that he’s 47 now, we were right, told you so 😉

😂😂😂 I can't wait that long I'll probably be brown bread by then make it 37 there's a chance I might still be around then for my moment of glory😁

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

3 managers yet the same problems still exist in midfield. I'd say that's points to the players. Just looking at the bottom I'd swap him for any of Allen, Ward-Prowse, Brunt, Carroll. Not that any are that good, just Gana is so bad. I doubt any midfielder's touch, passing and positioning is as poor as his. It's embarrassing at times. 

Embarrassing indeed. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Personally what makes your opinion on Gana not worth the bytes you waste communicating it is the fact that you still see Schneiderlin as a top 6 player. For the record, I don't really think Gana is anything special. But he is a solid, reliable defensive midfielder who, when asked to play to his strengths, ie covering space in front of the back four and breaking up attacks, can be trusted to do a job. Schneiderlin on the other hand cannot be trusted. I don't care how technically gifted he might be, he has an attitude problem and I'd take Gana over him every day for that reason alone. Based on this seasons performances, you might as well argue that Mario Balotelli is a better striker Harry Keane as argue Schneiderlin is better than Gana. 

Anyway, back on topic... I'd love to see a complete overhaul in midfield. Loftus-Cheek, Maddison, Lewis Cook would all be excellent signings imo. Grab two of them, plus Davies, Sigurdsson, hopefully a returning Dowell, Gana, Baningime and McCarthy when he's fit again, we'd finally have the right balance to play three in midfield. 

25 minutes ago, nogs said:

Personally what makes your opinion on Gana not worth the bytes you waste communicating it is the fact that you still see Schneiderlin as a top 6 player. For the record, I don't really think Gana is anything special. But he is a solid, reliable defensive midfielder who, when asked to play to his strengths, ie covering space in front of the back four and breaking up attacks, can be trusted to do a job. Schneiderlin on the other hand cannot be trusted. I don't care how technically gifted he might be, he has an attitude problem and I'd take Gana over him every day for that reason alone. Based on this seasons performances, you might as well argue that Mario Balotelli is a better striker Harry Keane as argue Schneiderlin is better than Gana. 

I've witnessed a good player in Schneiderlin since he's played in this league I've never witnessed that in Gana since he came to the premier league, I believe Schneiderlin can rediscover that form with the right players in front of him, his position touch and vision are far superior to Gana's, and Gana can't rediscover what he's never had.

36 minutes ago, nogs said:

This for me too. I'd always want to play alongside someone I can trust even if they are a bit misguided. 

I dont think either of them are good enough. We need players who can get forward and defend, be technically sound and more importantly make more good decisions than bad decisions. If they have a physical presence too then that's even better. I'm fed up of these players that get paid millions despite only having half a game (at that level). 

We need only one clear-out, and that's of the manager and his assistants. Honestly, I don't believe we need wholesale changes among the players. There's a lot of talent there, especially young talent.

First, we need a team spine. That's Pickford, ANO, McCarthy, and Tosun. The ANO in this case is a key buy: a hard-nosed defender that's something of a young Vincent Kompany. Ashley WIlliams was supposed to be that person, but he needs shipping out.

Next, we need wide men. Coleman is still putting in a shift (with Kenny as backup), but Baines is sadly fading fast - so a younger replacement is needed there. Bolasie needs to go, and I'm not convinced of Walcott either. We don't need to buy, though: Lookman and Vlasic should be trusted and given their chance. So, in this area, we need a talented LB.

Backup keeper? I'd like to see Robles given a chance to become #1 elsewhere; he deserves it. Let's bring through one of our own as backup to Pickford. Who else in defence? It's difficult to know whether Funes Mori will recover completely from his injury, especially mentally, but I think we've been unfair on Holgate this season: He deserves his chance. Keane will be just fine with a different manager and a mentor beside him. It's a good time for Jagielka to join Baines in retirement.

In midfield? My vote is for Davies, Klaassen (who I believe will soon become a leader if we give him the chance), Baningime, Dowling, and Sigurdsson. I'm not convinced of Gueye, to be frank, but there's talent there. I would keep Besic, although he'll want to stay with Boro if they are promoted.

Up front, we need to invest in a proven goalscorer. Keep Niasse as super-sub, bring through Onyekuru, and loan out DC-L. 

Who should go? Many candidates are obvious: Mirallas, Williams, Schneiderlin, Martina, Mangala, Stekelenburg, Garbutt, Tarashaj, and (sadly) Rooney. I'd make the latter an assistant coach.

So, what do we need? A dominant CB, a replacement for Baines, and a proven goalscorer. Investing wisely in these three positions - together with a new manager - would make the world of difference. Finally, keep investing in young talent for the U-23s.

I would like to see the following players given a real chance to see is they could fit before we go writing them off and replacing them.

Besic. Alt to Gana with more attacking threat.

Holgate. He never let us down and I would love to see him get more game time.

Vlasic. Needs a goal or an assist and he could kick in. His mistakes are just age. Other teams and allow their young lads to grow worth them.

Dowell. Fallen out of favour towards the last third of the season at Forrest, but that could be more to them looking at their own players for next season.

DCL. The lad has ability, he just needs learn composure in front of goal.

Klaassen. Never looked as bad as made out. Even his cameos recently have been solid, if uninspiring.

Sandro. Did t really get a good chance to stake his claim. Give him a pre season and see if his attitude is here or elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I would like to see the following players given a real chance to see is they could fit before we go writing them off and replacing them.

Besic. Alt to Gana with more attacking threat.

Holgate. He never let us down and I would love to see him get more game time.

Vlasic. Needs a goal or an assist and he could kick in. His mistakes are just age. Other teams and allow their young lads to grow worth them.

Dowell. Fallen out of favour towards the last third of the season at Forrest, but that could be more to them looking at their own players for next season.

DCL. The lad has ability, he just needs learn composure in front of goal.

Klaassen. Never looked as bad as made out. Even his cameos recently have been solid, if uninspiring.

Sandro. Did t really get a good chance to stake his claim. Give him a pre season and see if his attitude is here or elsewhere.

I’ll take that everyday. 

13 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

We need only one clear-out, and that's of the manager and his assistants. Honestly, I don't believe we need wholesale changes among the players. There's a lot of talent there, especially young talent.

First, we need a team spine. That's Pickford, ANO, McCarthy, and Tosun. The ANO in this case is a key buy: a hard-nosed defender that's something of a young Vincent Kompany. Ashley WIlliams was supposed to be that person, but he needs shipping out.

Next, we need wide men. Coleman is still putting in a shift (with Kenny as backup), but Baines is sadly fading fast - so a younger replacement is needed there. Bolasie needs to go, and I'm not convinced of Walcott either. We don't need to buy, though: Lookman and Vlasic should be trusted and given their chance. So, in this area, we need a talented LB.

Backup keeper? I'd like to see Robles given a chance to become #1 elsewhere; he deserves it. Let's bring through one of our own as backup to Pickford. Who else in defence? It's difficult to know whether Funes Mori will recover completely from his injury, especially mentally, but I think we've been unfair on Holgate this season: He deserves his chance. Keane will be just fine with a different manager and a mentor beside him. It's a good time for Jagielka to join Baines in retirement.

In midfield? My vote is for Davies, Klaassen (who I believe will soon become a leader if we give him the chance), Baningime, Dowling, and Sigurdsson. I'm not convinced of Gueye, to be frank, but there's talent there. I would keep Besic, although he'll want to stay with Boro if they are promoted.

Up front, we need to invest in a proven goalscorer. Keep Niasse as super-sub, bring through Onyekuru, and loan out DC-L. 

Who should go? Many candidates are obvious: Mirallas, Williams, Schneiderlin, Martina, Mangala, Stekelenburg, Garbutt, Tarashaj, and (sadly) Rooney. I'd make the latter an assistant coach.

So, what do we need? A dominant CB, a replacement for Baines, and a proven goalscorer. Investing wisely in these three positions - together with a new manager - would make the world of difference. Finally, keep investing in young talent for the U-23s.

Would take Charlie Austin from Southampton if they went down, though he is probably too much of a like for like with Tosun. We could use a center-forward with some pace and dribbling ability (Niasse lacking the dribbling bit).

Signing a competent centerback and a replacement for Baines are the most important transfers of the summer. Think both Baines and Jags will be in the squad for at least one more year though, though we can't rely on either. I thought Holgate looked composed, so I'd like to see Williams move on and maybe Funes Mori.

Convincing Lookman to stay is crucial, and Vlasic will need to be evaluated in the summer - I've not sure he's earned "a shot". Would love to move on Bolasie though and wouldn't rule out buying a winger. 

Joel Robles needs to leave the club for the sake of his own career and we need to bring in another backup - Stek could hang for another year since he's at the stage of his career where being cover isn'tt a bad thing.

Besic should leave also for his own career. Too many managers have not rated him for him to stay as 5th or 6th central midfielder - if this loan spell has kicked the dust off his game, then let him fight for his chance.

Steve - who is Dowling? Also think Onyekuru is having continued work permit issues. Not sure he'll ever wear our shirt.

A decent CEO anyone has to be better than the tanned knobhead 

Brands or someone similar who will overhaul our whole set up as DOF

Push Walsh back into being a cheif scout under the supervision of Brands etc and bring in a competent non archaic manger like Fonseca 

I've mentioned players and we rarely target who most of us would want so as long as the above happens the rest "should" fall into place