23 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Pickford

coleman      Holgate.   Smalling.      Tierney

Dacoure

walcott.        Gilfi.          Fred.         Lookman

Tosun

subs

keane,Baines,vlasic,gana,etc

we need a centre half I’ve put smalling in there but it could be Evans or a foreign centre back. Left back I would be happy with shaw or chilwell. Sell Morgan and bring in dacoure. Vlasic and lookman competing on the left and Fred as our number ten alongside gilfi. We need another goalscorer as back up for cenk. I’d have a proper clear out and just have a strong squad of 20-21 players

Smalling is absolutely terrible Keane given time and the right manager/cohesion will be fine 

Morgan shouldn't be sold on his day he's the level of player we should be aiming to add not flog, he had a poor patch as have most in this wank season bit he's picked it up of late 

Don't know much about Fred tbh and I do rate Dacoure I can see him being picked up by Spurs or Arsenal etc 

4 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Smalling is absolutely terrible Keane given time and the right manager/cohesion will be fine 

Morgan shouldn't be sold on his day he's the level of player we should be aiming to add not flog, he had a poor patch as have most in this wank season bit he's picked it up of late 

Don't know much about Fred tbh and I do rate Dacoure I can see him being picked up by Spurs or Arsenal etc 

We might as well let Allardyce stay as keep Keane and Schneiderlin. Keane is absolute wank, Schneiderlin has an attitude problem. He didn't just have a poor patch, he completely downed tools and put in some of the most insipid, disinterested performances I've ever seen from anyone in am Everton shirt. It was like Vinnie Samways all over again, but at least Samways had the good grace to say outright he couldn't be arsed playing. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

We might as well let Allardyce stay as keep Keane and Schneiderlin. Keane is absolute wank, Schneiderlin has an attitude problem. He didn't just have a poor patch, he completely downed tools and put in some of the most insipid, disinterested performances I've ever seen from anyone in am Everton shirt. It was like Vinnie Samways all over again, but at least Samways had the good grace to say outright he couldn't be arsed playing. 

I'm probably being naive on Keane, he did look absolutely shite today so I'll hold my hands up but Morgan is a quality player 

Anyway I couldn't really give a fuck about who stays and goes I said in this thread I want things sorting from top to bottom (CEO/DOF/Manager etc) and let them deal with the shite we've come accustomed too

Get that fat cunt Lardiola out first then hopefully things get a little better sharpish  

23 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'm probably being naive on Keane, he did look absolutely shite today so I'll hold my hands up but Morgan is a quality player 

Anyway I couldn't really give a fuck about who stays and goes I said in the Transfer thread I want things sorting from top to bottom (CEO/DOF/Manager etc) and let them deal with the shite we've come accustomed too

Get that fat cunt Lardiola out first then hopefully things get a little better sharpish  

Yep couldn't agree more. 

I actually don’t think we need a lot of players bringing in. We have a lot of talent not being used well. 

We could do with a centre half. A top quality midfielder always makes a difference to any side, even if we had great midfielders, if a better one is available get them in. 

We do need a striker, so many teams out there actually have options. Look at Southampton, almost went down but have Gabbiadini, Austin and Long. Ok not great players, but three different types of player who all have something to offer. 

We need a left back, if we can’t get a top quality one I’d rather bring in cover and have one more year of Baines. 

I’d love to see a winger with a left foot and pace come in, and see Vlasic and Lookman involved more. 

Pickford

coleman Holgate Mori Baines

Gana  Beni

Walcott Gylfi Lookman

Tosun

That's without any new additions.  Add a LB, CB, and Left Winger and that's it for me.  There's plenty of talent in there to get top 7 especially if the 3 we bring in are quality.  Squad of 23

gk - Pickford, stek

rb - Coleman, kenny

lb - baines, ????

Cb - holgate, ????

cb - mori, keane

dm - Gana, Beni, besic, Davies 

am - Gylfi, Klaassen

lw - lookman, ????

rw - Walcott, vlasic

f - Tosun, niasse, DCL

sell rooney mirallas morgan bolasie McCarthy Galloway browning Sandro Williams, send onyekuru dowell on loan.  Release robles, jags, and martina

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Gana  Beni

Walcott Gylfi Lookman

Tosun

That's without any new additions.  Add a LB, CB, and Left Winger and that's it for me.  There's plenty of talent in there to get top 7 especially if the 3 we bring in are quality.  Squad of 23

gk - Pickford, stek

rb - Coleman, kenny

lb - baines, ????

Cb - holgate, ????

cb - mori, keane

am - Gylfi, Klaassen

lw - lookman, ????

rw - Walcott, vlasic

f - Tosun, niasse, DCL

sell rooney mirallas morgan bolasie McCarthy Galloway browning Sandro Williams, send onyekuru dowell on loan.  Release robles, jags, and martina

If you still think we should be starting with two out and out defensively minded midfielders after the football we've played this season then I give up.

1 minute ago, nogs said:

If you still think we should be starting with two out and out defensively minded midfielders after the football we've played this season then I give up.

i was simply making a lineup of our best available players.  it has no bearing on what lineup i think we should use.  if you have read any of my posts at all you will see i favor a single DCM ala barca's 433 or a 4141 or 4132 and favor attacking football.  but that's besides the point, the new manager will use whatever formation they like and that will be that.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i was simply making a lineup of our best available players.  it has no bearing on what lineup i think we should use.  if you have read any of my posts at all you will see i favor a single DCM ala barca's 433 or a 4141 or 4132 and favor attacking football.  but that's besides the point, the new manager will use whatever formation they like and that will be that.

You then say we only need a CB, LB and left winger, which suggests you'd be happy with a 'first choice' midfield of Gana, Sigurdsson and a completely unproven teenager, backed up by Davies, Besic and Klaassen. That is quite frankly a terrifying prospect. 

So what should our priorities be for next season? Assuming we get a manager that wants to play aggressive and attacking football we are going to need some athletic and mobile footballers who are comfortable in 1 v 1 situations. Silva for example needs his players to make smart decisions about when to press and when to sit in position but they also need to be able to counter quickly and then get back into shape when the ball is lost. That pretty much rules out every midfield player we have bar Davies. It also means Baines wont really feature because he doesnt have the legs for it. Silva likes a clean sheet too, especially in his early days so do we have the defenders to do that? 

Its scary to think that we actually need big changes in our squad to get to where we need to be for a manager like Silva.

The players that fit:

Pickford

Coleman / Kenny

Jags (old but still very good 1 v 1)

Davies

Walcott

Lookman

Cenk

The players that dont fit:

Keane

Baines

Martina

Funes Mori

Schneiderlin

Rooney

The rest are all players who can do a job here and there or improve to be good enough. Williams is a good 1 v 1 defender but who knows what is left of him, Holgate could fit well if he is up to this level, same with Vlasic and DCL. Bolasie isnt good enough full stop. Siggy isnt necessarily guarenteed to suit that type of football (albeit I expect he will adapt and cope) and Klaassen may suit that type of play assuming he is good enough for the league, which is clearly in doubt. Dowell probably wont suit either because he lacks pace but there is some hope for Besic albeit my thoughts on him are clear.

Based on the above left back, centre back and centre mid must be prioritised. We have attacking options, not amazing ones, but they are ones that a new manager can get through until either January or even the following summer with. There are goals in Tosun, Walcott, Siggy, Lookman and even Niasse is needed. I would like another player who can pick a pass in midfield but that can be added later if Klaassen doesnt make the grade or if Siggy doesnt suit the system.

I dont know many players outside of the premiership that aren't already massive house hold names and cost millions upon millions, so I have looked at players that will fit currently in the EPL.

Left Back

The obvious option is Bertrand. He isnt anything special but he is a very solid player that wont cost the earth in fee or wages compared to Rose for example. My slight left field pick for left back is the new lad at Chelsea called Emerson. I have seen him a couple of times and both times he has impressed me. I might have just seen him in the two games he played his best but if they were his level then that is good enough for us. Given that Conte is off (well likely to be), they probably arent going to need the half dozen full backs they have. A new manager will probably go 4 at the back so it will be Azpilacueta plus one of Alonso / Moses / Zappacosta / Emerson. I'd expect he would be available on loan so we don't need to commit.

Centre Back

My two would be Ake and Zouma. Ake has everything to be a top class defender. He is a footballer, he is quick, he is good in the air and whilst he isnt perfect, he will get you out of problems. He has done well for Bournemouth again this season and that isnt an easy place to be a CB given both how they play, and also the players around him. He is left footed too.

Zouma has been a long term fan of mine. Big, strong and quick he looked the part at Chelsea before suffering a long term injury and after recovering he has been at Stoke. I dont claim to have watched a lot of stoke this season, mainly only the last quarter, but in each game he has left me with the impression that he is better than we have and good enough to be with a top 6 club.

A lot of people like Mawson/Duffy/Dunk/Tarkovski etc but I am not convinced by what I have seen. I think Ake and Zouma are already better players and have the potential to be on a completely different planet to them at the end of their careers.

Centre Mid

This is a bit more difficult to find someone in the league that has a bit of everything that isn'tt Kevin De Bruyne, Paul Pogba . If Silva comes in then Doucoure is the obvious pick. He did really well under Silva, showing that he has a bit of everything in his locker. I havent seen much of him in the second half of the season but he certainly made an early impression.

If Dembele is actually a possibility then he must be signed. I dont know if there is any way we could get him he would be absolutely perfect. Big money and big wages though so its not exactly a surprising suggestion.

Mooy has impressed me as the season has gone on. The more I watch Huddersfield the more I think it is basically him. He gets everywhere, he isnt spectacular, but he is just a no-nonsense player that has a bit of quality about him too. The ball he played against Chelsea was which led to the goal was inch perfect and he didnt have long to make the decision and execute the pass. That is the touch of a man with his head screwed on.

Another player falling into that category of a player that has impressed me the more the season has gone on is N'Diaye. I imagine one of our Turkish members would be able to say more about him but the bits I have seen of him suggest he can cover the ground, he likes a tackle, he seems a more than capable passer and he has shown in his career record that he can contribute with goals. He has played for Galatasaray so big games wont be a problem for him and even though he has arrived in England as part of a poor team he has been probably their best player. That shows someone with a bit of heart.

The next two are the lower end options. Diame has been really solid alongside Shelvey covering a lot of the ground allowing Shelvey to do the creating. He lacks the quality on the ball I would like but again he will give you a level of performance. The other is Herrera who I actually quite highly rate as a box to box player. I think he is underrated at United, or maybe misused. He doesnt really fall under the category of the type of physical presence I want, but I think he would be available and he is a far better footballer than we have in the side at the moment.

The last selection, doesnt fully fit the profile but he might do in a few years and that is Ruben Loftus-Cheek. I find him a bit frustrating, but he is a very talented footballer. I personally dont think he has the brain on him to be a be a dominating central midfielder, in exactly the same way Barkley isnt, but his talent is their to see. On a slightly side note, if we dont even try and get Zaha in this summer everyone should be sacked.

There will of course be a whole host of players across the world that will fit what we need but I just dont watch enough foreign football to know. The young CB at Ajax looks a player and Sanchez has made the switch ok, Gaya  looked handy for Valencia when I watched them and Guedes has been great whenever I have seen him too.

I think we do need a lot of changes but we cant do it in one window so I wouldnt expect a quick start from the new manager as he will have to go about replacing the back four and central midfield over what will hopefully be the duration of his first contract.

Davies :lol: the lad would need to learn positional sense first and, right now, he’d need someone to draw him a map if he was to be able to find his own arse hole. Then he’d need to massively improve his passing as well. Oh and learn how to tackle. 

Honestly don’t see why anyone rates him to be honest - can’t pass, can’t tackle, not strong, not quick, not skilful, poor control, no positional awareness whatsoever, can’t shoot... the lad runs about a lot, I’ll give him that. 

Nothing more than a squad player for us unless he makes a dramatic improvement.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Davies :lol: the lad would need to learn positional sense first and, right now, he’d need someone to draw him a map if he was to be able to find his own arse hole. Then he’d need to massively improve his passing as well. Oh and learn how to tackle. 

Honestly don’t see why anyone rates him to be honest - can’t pass, can’t tackle, not strong, not quick, not skilful, poor control, no positional awareness whatsoever, can’t shoot... the lad runs about a lot, I’ll give him that. 

He looks lost and directionless to me. I think he can pass, can tackle, and is generally a good footballer and has far more positional awareness than he is given credit for. He is the one I see looking at team shape and not just ploughing head first into a challenge.

I appreciate I am giving him a chance because if he doesnt cut it next season then he probably never will but I would love to manage him and give him a better platform to perform as we have played possibly the worst type of football this season for an actual footballer.

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

He looks lost and directionless to me. I think he can pass, can tackle, and is generally a good footballer and has far more positional awareness than he is given credit for. He is the one I see looking at team shape and not just ploughing head first into a challenge.

I appreciate I am giving him a chance because if he doesnt cut it next season then he probably never will but I would love to manage him and give him a better platform to perform as we have played possibly the worst type of football this season for an actual footballer.

Don’t get me wrong, Bailey, I’d absolutely love for him to prove me wrong and be a quality player. But I just don’t see it, he didn’t even impress me last season and I was never one that subscribed to him being anything special. 

I honestly see him only ever being a Tom Cleverley calibre player, and only then if he improves. Being a squad player is no bad thing though. 

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Glad someone else see's the plodding mediocrity as well 

Young lad with room to improve but he doesn't have anything in his armoury for me that would suggest he's good enough to be here long term 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

Silva used Cleverley really well for the midfield transition, he may be able to get the same out of Davies? I hope we get to find out. 

It's also a big worry for me that he relied on two box to box midfielders when we don't have a single one. 

Davies is nothing like Cleverley. Davies is absolutely not someone to rotate the ball around. The closest I think of in the current squad is Sigurdsson. But Silva has altered his tactics before. He's used 4-2-3-1 but also 4-3-3 and 4-1-4-1.

20 minutes ago, Makis said:

Davies is nothing like Cleverley. Davies is absolutely not someone to rotate the ball around. The closest I think of in the current squad is Sigurdsson. But Silva has altered his tactics before. He's used 4-2-3-1 but also 4-3-3 and 4-1-4-1.

4231, 433, 4141, 451, all the same. Stop playing FIFA 😂

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Tell is how you really fell Romey!

On 14/05/2018 at 11:58, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Gana  Beni

Walcott Gylfi Lookman

Tosun

gk - Pickford, stek

rb - Coleman, kenny

lb - baines, ????

Cb - holgate, ????

cb - mori, keane

am - Gylfi, Klaassen

lw - lookman, ????

rw - Walcott, vlasic

f - Tosun, niasse, DCL

Have never agreed with a post more than this one. Absolutely spot on. Realistic and optimistic. 

1 minute ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Have never agreed with a post more than this one. Absolutely spot on. Realistic and optimistic. 

Think we could definitely use another forward - someone who has goals in them but is a different type of player than Tosun. 1) for variability 2) in case Tosun gets hurt

DCL has not shown a goalscoring aptitude yet and while Oumar has some goals in him, is such a flawed player that we should strongly consider offers for him.

Desperately need either a successor to Baines or at least a capable leftback to provide cover.

McCarthy will be highly illiquid for the time being on his current injury - I doubt someone will take him on now, but he will inevitably be put in the 25 and count against that mark. Funes Mori has shown nothing to warrant being a reliable centerback. Jags and Holgate have shown the most this year - questions are Jags age and fitness and then Holgate has had fitness problems this year.

I don't think Baningime has shown enough to warrant a place in the starting 11 of a side that can challenge the top 6.