IGNORED

Yacine Brahimi

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah I want young players that we can re sell if need be.  Thus guys would have 3 years and then it be retirement league time.

I want players who can make an impact, even if only for a season, so I don’t care about the age thing. Plus, the resale thing is less of an issue nowadays. 

Not saying this guy is the answer mind you

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I want players who can make an impact, even if only for a season, so I don’t care about the age thing. Plus, the resale thing is less of an issue nowadays. 

Not saying this guy is the answer mind you

i don't.  i still want a sound business model where we buy young players and keep them in their prime or have the option to sell off as an asset.  the only clubs that don't do that are PSG and Man City and i don't want to be like that.

Not to mention i don't want to buy players at 28, i want them younger so we can mold them into our style (hopefully forthcoming) and not have to shoe horn in their already developed skill set into what he have.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i don't.  i still want a sound business model where we buy young players and keep them in their prime or have the option to sell off as an asset.  the only clubs that don't do that are PSG and Man City and i don't want to be like that.

Not to mention i don't want to buy players at 28, i want them younger so we can mold them into our style (hopefully forthcoming) and not have to shoe horn in their already developed skill set into what he have.

Didn’t you just post that you’d love Dembele here, or am I getting mixed up?

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fair enough. So if they’re good enough, age isn’t an issue. Glad we agree :) 

yes i will take messi.  but on the whole i'd like a young hungry team like poch built at spurs, jardim built at monaco, etc.  also i don't want some sheik team where we just buy the hottest player out there.  i want actual scouting and diamond in the roughs and academy kids mixed in with the buys.  United did this for decades under SAF, Poch is doing it with Spurs, back in the day Barca was doing it as well.  

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I would have him here for that price. You’ll pay that for a decent championship player these days.

35 million? 

robertson 10

clucas 17m

macguire 15m

wood 17m

pritchard 12

murphy 12

ince 10

hughes 10

hugill 10

those are the biggest transfer from championship to premier league this summer.  looks to me going rate is more like 12-15 for the real players.

Most of them are only worth that price though. Haha most of them couldn’t get in our team let alone top 15. If those are the quality your hoping for then we have fell a hell of a long way.

We should be looking to improve the team not just fill the ranks. 

Pickford is the level of championship player we should be looking at, or Sissoko. Those players won’t be available for 15m.

33 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

35 million? 

robertson 10

clucas 17m

macguire 15m

wood 17m

pritchard 12

murphy 12

ince 10

hughes 10

hugill 10

those are the biggest transfer from championship to premier league this summer.  looks to me going rate is more like 12-15 for the real players.

Wow... some of them prices are crazy! Robertson is a solid buy at that price but the rest are probably double what they should be.

14 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

robertson macguire wood the only ones i know are doing well.  i know of clucas and ince but don't know how they have done.  the rest i have no clue.

I'm still not sold on Macguire myself. I think people ignore the fact he is suspect positionally because he can bring the ball out from the back. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...