IGNORED

Arsene Wenger

It’s in the papers now, someone else can link if they want to.  Not sure if there’s any truth.

I’d have him over sam and at least it would mean the end of walsh but he’s not been great tactically and transfer wise (other than the big buys) for a while now.  Although if he could get us Europe and show unsy he ropes maybe he could be a bridge between now then.

If you're going to go with Wenger you would have been better off sticking with Martinez there from the same mould when it comes to football philosophy, having said that it's the sort of football I like to see so at this moment in time either would be more palatable to what we have had in the last two seasons.

3 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

the man has been a detrimental part in Arsenal's rise as a financial (on paper) powerhouse behind the scenes 

??? What are you talking about, he's been absolutely essential to their financial success, that's exactly why Kroenke loves him and will never sack him despite obvious decline on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

??? What are you talking about, he's been absolutely essential to their financial success, that's exactly why Kroenke loves him and will never sack him despite obvious decline on the pitch. 

Calm you're tits the rest of what I wrote clearly points to that! 

Cheers Bill predictive text at its finest 

Seems like BS to me but I wouldn't say no to it if it was true. As long as he doesn't adopt the arsenal transfer strategy. I think he is tactically astute and promotes an attractive football. The players seem to like him. He is miles better than RM or Allardyce. 

• 2 months later...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-rumours-wenger-12502693

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger could move to Everton with majority stakeholder Farhad Moshiri eager to match his salary at the Emirates.

The Frenchman will walk away from the Gunners this summer after 22 years in charge.

But he could move straight back into management with the Toffees able to match his £8m per season wages, report the Sun.

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

At 69”8 years old he’s not exactly a long term vision though is he. I think his football style is outdated and he’s past his prime personally.

My thinking too, but if he only comes for a couple of seasons to put a base in place, I wouldn’t be that disappointed. Think he’ll go elsewhere though.