IGNORED

Stadium at Garston

Guest John Burns

5 hours ago, Owards said:
  • No land or lease has been secured. None.
  • Below 62,000 is underselling Everton F.C.
  • 52,000 is sub-optimal when looking at the demand for season tickets when the team is doing badly and playing poor quality football.
  • 52,000 will keep touts is business.
  • 52,000 is like buying a coat that is too tight and cannot be buttoned up.
  • Garston can provide a stadium the size Everton need. 
  • LFC will have over 60,000, when one end is complete.
  • Spurs are averaging 67,000 in a stadium outside their catchment area.
  • This is about a suitable location and suitable sized stadium.
  • Some people have choo-choo trains on the brain.
  • :) 

Bugger! I was wrong.

It's not John, it's Haf.

Threw us all there Haf lad.

3 hours ago, Owards said:

All relevant parties are aware: metro-mayor, mayor, architect, EFC.  Bramley Moore is a blind alley.  A world heritage site fraught with difficulty. Too small for a stadium - smaller than they first thought.  It will be called in by HMG.  Garston ticks all the boxes. The place is also full of pubs and character. 

Let me try again. 

When did you approach the club about this and what was their response?

im assuming you have sent some sort of document to the club rather than just wasting your time telling us. Otherwise it’s a bit of a waste of all your hard work and passion. 

Guest John Burns
13 minutes ago, StevO said:

im assuming you have sent some sort of document to the club rather than just wasting your time telling us. Otherwise it’s a bit of a waste of all your hard work and passion. 

I consider being here a waste of time? Yes. Look at the responses. Really bright eh?

16 minutes ago, Owards said:

I consider being here a waste of time? Yes. Look at the responses. Really bright eh?

That's a coincidence we consider you being here a waste of time too.

But thanks to MikeO I got to hear a cool Monkeys tune so is not all bad.

By the way the stadium by the docks will be iconic, the one you are proposing would be boring.

Football is about hopes, and dreams not tin pot box's in the middle of nowhere that happen to be close to a train line. If you don't believe me ask any West Ham fan.

23 minutes ago, Owards said:

A waste of time in that not one of us here can do anything about it. So if you really think this is a viable option why are you not taking it to the club and to the press?

if you also can’t tell the responses here are taking the piss out of you John then you are still as deluded as last time you were here. 

I don’t get why you keep popping up on forums and push this opinion over and over again. You are clearly passionate, there is clearly substance in what you say, yet you are telling fans and not the people who can do something about it. 

Why not put the idea to ToffeeTV and see if you can get some exposure? I’ll repeat, no one on here can do anything about it, so why not go to people who can?

13 hours ago, Owards said:
  • No land or lease has been secured. None.
  • No deal of any sort has been secured. None.
  • No stadium design has been released. None. 
  • Architect was soliciting feedback. 

Ok I’ll bite- how do you know this Smithers?

To be fair guys, this is a forum to discuss things about Everton, and that’s what he is trying to do. Whether we agree or think it’s a waste of time should be irrelevant.

Hea still an Everton fan and should be allowed to air his feelings on the Thinking mans forum.

He is obviously passionate about this project and I agree that he should take it further as a lot of work seems to go into his ideas.... more than any of ours about players haha.

But let’s not let this thread turn into a playground.

John as Matt said you're dedication to albeit a lost cause is in depth and well thought out but you really can't tell us that "Bramley Moore is smaller than they thought"

They haven't gone to view a second hand MPV for £3k these are savy multi millionaire businessmen who will know exactly the square footage of the site even prior to stepping foot on it and it's potential pitfalls with being a heritage site via in depth discussions well before any paperwork is signed ...

What is your background "if any" in the rail industry as you seem to think it's quite an easy feat to just run "mass rail" services at the drop of a hat

Guest John Burns
11 hours ago, London Blue said:

By the way the stadium by the docks will be iconic, the one you are proposing would be boring.

Garston gasworks is near Garston Docks not far from the riverfront. A huge area of vacant dock estate land is available for car parking. The views from the top sections would be spectacular. Read the first post and understand it. Garston is well inside Liverpool not in the middle of nowhere. You clearly do not know Liverpool.  A stadium at Bramley Moore will be next to a sewerage works, that at times stinks to high heaven. Iconic? Please!!   A stadium at Garston when looking up an Everton Way from Sth Parkway station will clearly be iconic. A lit up tower could be a part of the stadium with people seeing it from all over the Mersey estuary. 

Guest John Burns
10 hours ago, StevO said:

A waste of time in that not one of us here can do anything about it. So if you really think this is a viable option why are you not taking it to the club and to the press?

I put on here that Bramley Moore is running into difficulties with only a sub-optimal solution emerging. A vastly superior site has become available at Garston that ticks all the boxes and even more. And that all the relevant bodies are aware of the superior site.  For info only. 

Then the loonies come in who did not read or understand the first post, as you have clearly not. Fine go around in circles typing nonsense, but now you know. 

Guest John Burns
3 hours ago, Shukes said:

To be fair guys, this is a forum to discuss things about Everton, and that’s what he is trying to do. Whether we agree or think it’s a waste of time should be irrelevant.

Hea still an Everton fan and should be allowed to air his feelings on the Thinking mans forum.

He is obviously passionate about this project and I agree that he should take it further as a lot of work seems to go into his ideas.... more than any of ours about players haha.

A kindergarten it clearly is.  What strikes me is how they are all conditioned - mainly by Joe Anderson's propaganda. I would love a 62,000 iconic stadium at the docks (not next to a sewage works) with a 6-platform Sth Parkways type of station at its door getting all in the City Region to the stadium, with enough parking, etc, etc.  But Bramley Moore is running into problems. The delay tells you that and that no stadium plans have been released. Nothing has happened except an architect has been commissioned with no plans yet. No real negotiations are happening. Nothing is binding.  Joe led EFC up the garden path with this one. 

But as Bramley was being put forward to EFC, the Garston site was being cleared. Hey presto!  Solved! EFC had better jump in before LFC might do. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

It is a forum to discuss things. However, each time John comes back he shows a detailed explanation of his studies (again, commendable dedication) but when asked what we can do, he insults everyone’s intelligence whether they’re taking the piss or asking genuine questions on what we can do to help. I’ve tried in the past, Steve’s trying again now, but it always decends into the same monotonous question avoidance and insults, so I’ve got limited sympathy. 

Guest John Burns

EFCPaul, I have sweet nothing to do with the rail industry and never did. Why you think this is beyond me. I have been to The Emirates a number of times and it is dream to get to because of the mass/rapid-transit rail. I always wondered why in 12 years The Emirates has been 100% full (unprecedented in the world), and it was obvious why - which was not the team's performance. Hey presto! Wow, Liverpool has one of these rail networks as well (few cities have them), so why not use it for a new stadium. Obvious yes?  I am sure some intellect will post and say we should all walk to the stadium - the whole 60,000 of us. :)

Guest John Burns
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

when asked what we can do, he insults everyone’s intelligence whether they’re taking the piss or asking genuine questions on what we can do to help.

You resent differing and superior views for sure. You even resent information being presented - an alternative site for a failing stadium project. You cannot directly help. If you think Garston is the way forward, which I do using analysis, then get in contact with the club, Anderson, Rotheram, etc. Which I have.

I blame the mods here. If I was a mod I would delete the childish silly posts and warn them. These people add no value whatsoever degrading a forum.

Guest John Burns
12 minutes ago, Matt said:

he insults everyone’s intelligence whether they’re taking the piss or asking genuine questions on what we can do to help. 

Some people who post here are clearly not very bright. Read the posts. 

Guest John Burns
1 hour ago, patto said:

I must admit I overheard a short conversation between two taxi drivers a few weeks ago and just thought it was bullshit I mentioned it to my son-in-law last Sunday.

There is a lot of work to be done at BM dock just to make it feasible but surely we would move to Croxteth first that was our other option.

Joe Anderson wanted EFC at the docks thinking a stadium would kickstart Liverpool Waters.  The original idea of Liverpool Waters was a heritage cultural area.  The Philharmonic Hall wanted an extension on the Central Docks. A stadium will take it down market as few will want to develop quality next to such a place. The dock waters will be strewn with litter on match days and the inevitable chip and betting shops will emerge. The wrong project for the docks. This is all obvious but not to Joe. Who advises this man? 

Joe offered Bramley Moore and a substandard site in Croxteth knowing EFC would go for the docks. As Joe was selecting sites Garston was being cleared. He may or may not have been aware of the site becoming available. If he was, then he deliberately kept it out of the frame to cajole EFC towards the Central Docks. If Garston was on offer to EFC at the time of Bramley Moore there is a strong possibility they would have choose Garston. Why? Because it ticks all the boxes. 

They all thought Bramley Moore dock could hold over 60,000 as The Emirates superimposed on the site, tightly, using Google maps.  Architect, Dan Meis, assessed the site and found only a much smaller stadium can be accommodated. He was on about 52,000.  The site is restricted with poor transport access.  The project is stalling.  But there is a solution awaiting. 

With Garston available why the hell are EFC looking at a small dock site!

Not long ago John wanted the stadium at Finch Farm. No chance you live around there is there?

Airport is inconsequential. How many will fly to Liverpool, go to the match and the fly right back? Nope, they will still book a hotel somewhere, visit the city centre etc. Garston is absolutely miles from the city centre while BMD is practically a walking distance.

Guest John Burns

I live nowhere near Garston or Finch Farm. The airport adds value.  People do fly to games. Also when in European competitions away fans are accommodated. Proximity to the city centre is irrelevant. Goodison Park is only about 650 yards from the city border, being on the edge of the city. Garston is 3 miles from the city border east of Speke. Garston is 4.3 miles from the start of the city centre, accessed via fast trains and many dual carriageways.  BMD docks is outside of the centre and 45 minutes walk. It is quicker to get to Sth Parkway station from the centre than to get to Goodison Park. Trains from Moorfields, Central and Lime St go direct and then a 400 yard walk up an Everton Way to the stadium site.

This is about 400 yards from the Garston stadium site. A large hub station. It is like it was parachuted in from heaven for an EFC stadium. 

cs_liverpool_south_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Owards said:

EFCPaul, I have sweet nothing to do with the rail industry and never did. Why you think this is beyond me. I have been to The Emirates a number of times and it is dream to get to because of the mass/rapid-transit rail. I always wondered why in 12 years The Emirates has been 100% full (unprecedented in the world), and it was obvious why - which was not the team's performance. Hey presto! Wow, Liverpool has one of these rail networks as well (few cities have them), so why not use it for a new stadium. Obvious yes?  I am sure some intellect will post and say we should all walk to the stadium - the whole 60,000 of us. :)

I agree it would be great to have the facilities to run fans to games by mass transit doing so is a totally different kettle of fish 

The reason I mentioned it is because you go into so much detail in regards to sites locations and so on and drop mass transit in as if it can be easily done.... It's a massively complicated area and a vastly expensive one at that and far from as simple as you make it sound 

1 hour ago, Owards said:

You resent differing and superior views for sure. You even resent information being presented - an alternative site for a failing stadium project. You cannot directly help. If you think Garston is the way forward, which I do using analysis, then get in contact with the club, Anderson, Rotheram, etc. Which I have.

I blame the mods here. If I was a mod I would delete the childish silly posts and warn them. These people add no value whatsoever degrading a forum.

Superior views?! :lol:

yeah, mods have done a bad job, we’ve let you back in again 

Guest John Burns

EFCPaul, mass transit is simple. Very simple.  It is actually there. Look at the photo again. A 6-platform station is already there at the bottom. Not only that just off the photo to the top right hand corner is Cressington 2-platform station. The Garston site is superb for transport access. 

You have to take into account that autonomous cars, called via smart phone app, will be real and come in much sooner than we think. Car ownership will be few and far between when EVs and autonomous cars come in. HMG are looking at 12 years and no fossil fuelled vehicles sold and 20 years then all are banned from the roads. EFC have to look to mass transit to attract fans in the future.  If they do not they will fail. Understand how cities work - Anderson does not.  He doesn't even know his city has mass/rapid-transit never mind how to use it to the greater good of the city.

garston-5.jpg