IGNORED

Players out of contract this Summer

Getafe were in talks with Joel Robles last summer and a deal was only pulled off the table as they couldn't agree on personal terms. Getafe's current goalkeeper, Vincente Guaita is set to become a free agent himself and is being linked to Crystal Palace and Atletico Madrid as an understudy to Jan Oblak. As a result, I'd expect Joel to probably wind back up in his homeland with Getafe, with a deal coming to fruition now that he doesn't have a transfer fee tied to him (and because Guaita is off the wage bill). 

Jagielka I can see staying, but only for another year with a view to taking up a coaching role. When a defence contains the absolute calamity that is Ashley Williams keeping Phil is an absolute must however that does hang in the balance when you consider we have no idea who is going to be managing next season. Will they go for youth? Will they stick with the old guard? I'd like to think I haven't seen Phil in an Everton shirt for the last time but who knows. 

Conor Grant I don't know enough about but he's been around long enough to make a big impact and clearly hasn't. He must be 21/22/23 now and this is the age where special talents are already getting 15/20 first team games a season. I'd expect him to be on the released list and wind up at a League One/Two outfit.

26 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Pretty certain he has 1 more year.

team website says he contract runs out june 2018.  i got all the info in this thread from the team website.  i went to each player on the first team and in their bio usually the bottom it lists when their contract is up.  could be they just didn't update the website but i've done this many times before and they usually update those bios right quick when people re-sign or are a new signing.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

team website says he contract runs out june 2018.  i got all the info in this thread from the team website.  i went to each player on the first team and in their bio usually the bottom it lists when their contract is up.  could be they just didn't update the website but i've done this many times before and they usually update those bios right quick when people re-sign or are a new signing.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/08/02/new-blues-deal-for-jagielka

Got one year left.

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

there you have it, they haven't updated his "first team" page then.  thanks quinn.  so really just grant and robles and i don't think anyone expects either to stick around.

Grant should go because he has no place in the first team squad and would count against the 25 man limit now that he's 23 - so he's not needed nor should he stay for his own career

Joel is good cover, but he should move on and go somewhere where he can be the #1.