IGNORED

Would you take David Moyes back at Everton?

Would you take David Moyes back at Everton?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take David Moyes back at Everton?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/19 at 23:00

Sky Sports News are reporting that David Moyes is set to have talks with West Ham United this week, but that it is ''very unlikely'' that he will remain as manager of the club. Following this, and with the increasing pressure on Sam Allardyce at Everton - would you take David Moyes back as manager of our club? This is obviously a philosophical question, many people (myself included) could name managers that they would prefer to take over but I still thought that it was an interesting question nonetheless.

I have a lot of respect and love for the time Moyes spent here.

But I feel we are at a crossroad now, and we need to make sure this next appointment is the correct one for our club. Moyes has his opportunity at Utd.... and it didn’t work out. It’s time to let someone else have a go.

No but only because things rarely work out second time round. Everyone wanted Kendall back second and third time round, both turned out to be disastrous. Moyes was a fantastic servant for this club and I believe should be remembered warmly for it, but times move on. 

I think Moyes days at the top table are long gone. He looks tired and short of ideas. He did well for us and could have done better if he just had a go at the top 4 away from home. I think he has one more premier league job in him and if he doesn’t succeed he will end up managing Scotland . 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

No. Stop looking backwards. 

I really liked Moyes and still like the job he did here, but know. Let's look forward and get a manager who is still growing rather than one who is set in his ways.

I'm going to lose on Rafa or Dyche, so I am not sure how I feel between Silva or Howe. Both have big pros and cons for me.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

No but i’d seriously consider Martinez

what has he done with belgium?  would love the belgian folks to chime in @holystove @Mirallas .  i loved martinez but that belgium roster is stacked and they don't seem to be living up to their expectations.  but then again i don't watch them much, so would love to hear from people that do.

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

what has he done with belgium?  would love the belgian folks to chime in @holystove @Mirallas .  i loved martinez but that belgium roster is stacked and they don't seem to be living up to their expectations.  but then again i don't watch them much, so would love to hear from people that do.

That's very true Mark on paper they should be the best team in Europe and 2 or 3 years before Martinez got there they were felt to be even better but never achieved what was expected of them.

Hollystove may have a good idea what the country feel about the national team being Belgian.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

He is 12-4-1 and Belgium was the first team to qualify for the WC from Europe. Not a bad record. Wouldn’t want him here as I don’t think he’s suited for the league but he’s done well with Belgium.

7 hours ago, rubecula said:

agreed,  so I am honest enough to have voted yes as it depends on circumstances.  I would prefer to have Roberto Martinez back

This might sound strange, but I would take a combination of Martinez as manager with Moyes as defensive coach. Whether they could work together is another story.

53 minutes ago, Blueherts said:

I voted yes, as i'd very much like to see him in the Director of football role, with a more modern thinking coach controlling the tactics. 

That is an interesting train of thought.