IGNORED

Would you take David Moyes back at Everton?

Would you take David Moyes back at Everton?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take David Moyes back at Everton?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/19 at 23:00

1 hour ago, Blueherts said:

I voted yes, as i'd very much like to see him in the Director of football role, with a more modern thinking coach controlling the tactics. 

Exactly. I think Moyes could be great DoF. He has an eye for players.

15 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

As an aside,  I thought Holystove was Dutch!

ouch that hurt. 😧

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i think @Steve_E is dutch.  Holystove and Mirallas are belgians.  There might be a couple more belgians too, i'm forgetting them right now though.  

We're all Belgian

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

what has he done with belgium?  would love the belgian folks to chime in @holystove @Mirallas .  i loved martinez but that belgium roster is stacked and they don't seem to be living up to their expectations.  but then again i don't watch them much, so would love to hear from people that do.

I don't know why you'd say they haven't lived up to expectations; they only game they lost which they shouldn't have was against Wales in the quaterfinales of last European Championship.  Other than that, this current generation has coasted through every qualifying game and did OK in Brazil (out in quarterfinals against Argentina).  

I'm fairly pleased with the level of play.  Martinez fields a very offensive team. First Belgian manager smart enough to partner Vertonghen and Alderweireld in the middle.  Only problem I have with him is he chooses Witsel over Nainggolan.  Would be sad to see him leave, except if it was to return to Everton.

7 minutes ago, holystove said:

ouch that hurt. 😧

We're all Belgian

I don't know why you'd say they haven't lived up to expectations; they only game they lost which they shouldn't have was against Wales in the quaterfinales of last European Championship.  Other than that, this current generation has coasted through every qualifying game and did OK in Brazil (out in quarterfinals against Argentina).  

I'm fairly pleased with the level of play.  Martinez fields a very offensive team. First Belgian manager smart enough to partner Vertonghen and Alderweireld in the middle.  Only problem I have with him is he chooses Witsel over Nainggolan.  Would be sad to see him leave, except if it was to return to Everton.

interesting, i say they haven't lived up to expectations because i'd expect them to make finals with that lineup.  losing to wales?  a one player team?  i guess the WC this year will be telling, i'd expect them with that lineup to make the semi-finals and get a place.  

thank you for your thoughts.  do you think martinez is better suited to the club or international game?

33 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

interesting, i say they haven't lived up to expectations because i'd expect them to make finals with that lineup.  losing to wales?  a one player team?  i guess the WC this year will be telling, i'd expect them with that lineup to make the semi-finals and get a place.  

thank you for your thoughts.  do you think martinez is better suited to the club or international game?

Martinez should manage international teams and then be a fill in manager for a club's cup competitions, both domestic and Europe 😁 

The man is terrible at grinding out results week in week out and not dropping points against inferior opposition or not being too naive against top quality teams, but his "fuck it, have a go" attitude seems to do him well in Cups. 

4 hours ago, holystove said:

ouch that hurt. 😧

We're all Belgian

He prefers Witsel not just over Nainggolan, but over Dembélé as well. don't like his infatuation with five at the back (and making Carrasco into a left wing back) either. Mainly because it means that he's never going to play what (to me at least) is so obviously the best midfield we can field: Dembélé, Nainggolan, De Bruyne. 

Don't think Martinez nor Moyes is a good idea for Everton.

10 hours ago, Haiku said:

Exactly. I think Moyes could be great DoF. He has an eye for players.

10 hours ago, Blueherts said:

It makes perfect sense imo. The one thing he always excelled at was recruitment, and he's still young enough to be able to steer the ship for another decade. 

Was he that good though?  He had an eye for a bargain, that is without doubt but give him money to spend and it would be wasted. He didn't exactly bring kids through either.

If anything Martinez would be the better DoF given his clear vision for the whole  club and not just the first team. What a weird conversation to have ha ;)

22 hours ago, holystove said:

ouch that hurt. 😧

We're all Belgian

my surname is Huguenot if that counts  and there are some in Belgium who share it.

43 minutes ago, hafnia said:

This thread should be used as an example of how long periods of mediocrity and celebration of finishing in a chasing pack has anesthetized fans who once never accepted second best.

Ffs. 

I want you on record as to who we should appoint.

7 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

I want you on record as to who we should appoint.

"I want you on record" ... yes sir.

Marco Silva ...  and if he fucks it up and expects fans to watch us baton down the hatches against shit teams then he can go.... We then get someone else in.

It's not a competition  about being "right"..... what should happen is anyone employed by Everton who doesn't perform gets sacked. Simple as that. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

"I want you on record" ... yes sir.

Marco Silva ...  and if he fucks it up and expects fans to watch us baton down the hatches against shit teams then he can go.... We then get someone else in.

It's not a competition  about being "right"..... what should happen is anyone employed by Everton who doesn't perform gets sacked. Simple as that. 

Nice choice - I like him too. I feel like we should be able to get pretty flexible terms on his contract too since we are clearly the best job he could get. A payoff to Watford does not make me happy though - Their fan forums leave them looking quite a petty bunch.

3 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Nice choice - I like him too. I feel like we should be able to get pretty flexible terms on his contract too since we are clearly the best job he could get. A payoff to Watford does not make me happy though - Their fan forums leave them looking quite a petty bunch.

It's making them look pathetic.  They sacked him.  

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s a great result for Belgium 🇧🇪 good luck to you both. 

thanks but my attitude towards belgian team is pretty much the same as most on here towards england. I mainly watch them to see Everton players and players from the team I support in Belgian league, sadly belgium currently has 0.

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Are we still paying him so that your FA pay him a pittance?

he's on 1 million a year from belgian FA.. had the gall to say he's willing to work for such a pittance because he believes in the team..  that'll go down well witn ordinary fans.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2018 at 22:24, markjazzbassist said:

what has he done with belgium?  would love the belgian folks to chime in @holystove @Mirallas .  i loved martinez but that belgium roster is stacked and they don't seem to be living up to their expectations.  but then again i don't watch them much, so would love to hear from people that do.

He's the kind of manager that, if he left tomorrow, no one in Belgium would probably notice :D He's a bit of a boring type. That and there's this weird situation with him almost never calling up Radja Nainggolan, a really good defensive midfielder from AS Roma and his explenation is always "Doesn't fit in the tactical plans", which is quite obviously not the real reason. Turns out Nainggolan put a vague statement on his Twitter that it had to do with his (edit: his=Nainggolans) personality.

5 minutes ago, Mirallas said:

He's the kind of manager that, if he left tomorrow, no one in Belgium would probably notice :D He's a bit of a boring type. That and there's this weird situation with him almost never calling up Radja Nainggolan, a really good defensive midfielder from AS Roma and his explenation is always "Doesn't fit in the tactical plans", which is quite obviously not the real reason. Turns out Nainggolan put a vague statement on his Twitter that it had to do with his (edit: his=Nainggolans) personality.

What was the vague statement from Radja? I would be pissed if I was him too. He's one of best midfielders in the world. 

14 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

What was the vague statement from Radja? I would be pissed if I was him too. He's one of best midfielders in the world. 

With a lot of pain in my heart I'm putting an end to my international career. I've always done everything I can to be in the selection and to represent Belgium...Sadly enough, being REAL isn'tt good enough for SOME... And as of today, I will be the n°1 fan.