Sign in to follow this  
Bluemineck

Marco Silva (manager)

8 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Apparently Sam Allardyce just now said on talksport:

Everton needs to sign a left back because Baines is in his 30s. - Someone tell him that We  signed Digne pls.

He also said that he signed Tosun from Olympiacos.

Clueless.

Im glad Silva is here (to keep it on topic, couldn't find a Sam thread apart from the elephant in the room)

By the end of the day we can look back to the end of last season and see how much we have improved and moved on from having a narcissistic moron as our manager, we still need to show the improvements on the pitch, of which I have no doubts

1 hour ago, Peter H said:

Apparently Sam Allardyce just now said on talksport:

Everton needs to sign a left back because Baines is in his 30s. - Someone tell him that We  signed Digne pls.

He also said that he signed Tosun from Olympiacos.

Clueless.

Im glad Silva is here (to keep it on topic, couldn't find a Sam thread apart from the elephant in the room)

Must be a different Sam. Don’t forget it was actually Sam that signed Tosun so he must know where he came from haha!

Surely now.... no one can stick up for that waste of space.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s got one hell of a job to get all this change to come good. However... I’ve got a good feeling and I can’t explain it. 

he speaks the language of 3 of the signings which will help them acclimate to the league (yes i said acclimate mike)

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

he speaks the language of 3 of the signings which will help them acclimate to the league (yes i said acclimate mike)

The language will help for sure, and I feel Gomes will benefit the most. 

The side is almost unrecognisable from that of 3 years ago, but it was last year too, hence my (slight this time) apprehension 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

If you want to celebrate your illiteracy then I have no problem with that, hence why I greened you:P.

Anyone else notice when a silva walks out at Goodison and everyone is clapping, Silva, players, staff, and fans alike.

But then Lookman is sitting in the background with arms folded like a grumpy kid that’s hd his xbox taken from him haha.

they keep replaying it on SSN and I can’t help but look at him.

9 hours ago, sibdane said:

Interesting what he says about Schniederlin -- how he likes to play alone. Sounds like he will be his preferred choice. 

I think that's just what most would say when the option next to them is Gana. 

The way he talks about Schneiderlin I expect to see Gylfi and Bernard in front of him, and my excitement at the thought of that with Walcott and Richarlison our wide too has gone out of hand! 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

The way he talks about Schneiderlin I expect to see Gylfi and Bernard in front of him, and my excitement at the thought of that with Walcott and Richarlison our wide too has gone out of hand! 

Are you cracking on with the wafer thin ham and salad cream as well?

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Are you cracking on with the wafer thin ham and salad cream as well?

If these lads play well together I might even try the thick cut ham. 

On 14/08/2018 at 22:47, Finn balor said:

Saw Everton tv today and saw him greeting Zouma and Bernard. You can tell the players really like him and is deffo a players manager 

They all liked Martinez, until they didn't. Getting a new manager is exciting but it isn'tt until they really get tested that we see how they perform.

The best managers have the respect of their players but maintain a healthy distance when they need to.

43 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I get the vibe that Silva is trying to gel a team and dressing room together. Not sure we've had a tight dressing room since Moyes/early Martinez era

It's an important part of football. Despite our spending, we still aren't in the same league as the biggest clubs so we need to have that certain something that makes us more than the sum of our parts.

Opponents need to fear us, that we have become a team that really wants to do something. A team that wants to stick it to the big boys but also to give a tonking to the small clubs.

2 hours ago, sibdane said:

He's even more proof of how shit Sam's tactics were. Is Sam the worst Everton manager ever? 

Yes. 

Made Mike Walker look competent 

Mild criticism of Marco today is that I would have liked to see subs 10-15 minutes earlier. Overall I think he's doing well thus far. It's mostly the same players Sam had and it is a much better brand of soccer.

If we had more cover in central midfield I think he probably would have switched things round sooner. Its not as if Bernard or DCL gave us anything different mainly on the basis that they were always on the fringe of the game where we didnt have a lot of control in midfield and at the back. Tosun did look knackered though so I thought the DCL change was necessary. The one thing he could have done would have been bringing on Digne. Someone mentioned it in one of the other threads and it could have helped both in bringing fresh legs on at the back but also in helping us move up the pitch and keep the ball a bit better as he would have been more likely to get forward than Baines.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

"Theo Walcott has been in sparkling form for Everton to start off this new season, so much so that his name is being floated for an England recall for the upcoming transfer window.":huh:

2 hours ago, mcirony said:

https://youtu.be/EDRLxXZis_4

interesting analysis of our tactics thus far. 

thanks i love stuff like that.  always enjoyed the tactical side of the game.  i liked how they said our press is covering the pass and not the man, i've noticed that as well but didn't know how to quantify it.  

The only difference I have seen co.pared to that video is that we have sat in a 442 type formation when defending with Siggy and Cenk at similar positions up the pitch. It was more noticeable against Wolves than Soton though so it might have been a one off for that opponent. It would be nice to see us defend with 11 men for a whole game more than once though!

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The only difference I have seen co.pared to that video is that we have sat in a 442 type formation when defending with Siggy and Cenk at similar positions up the pitch. It was more noticeable against Wolves than Soton though so it might have been a one off for that opponent. It would be nice to see us defend with 11 men for a whole game more than once though!

We don’t normally finish games with 11 men😁

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

We don’t normally finish games with 11 men😁

At this rate were going to finish 12 games with 11 men. 

Positives mate. Positives. 

It seems like Cenk is a martyr for our other attacking forwards, taking defenders out of position and allowing Siggy/Richarlison and Walcott to get the goals. Hopefully he'll grab some goals himself but I'm pleased our goalscoring output is being spread across the front line. 

31 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/08/29/player-reaction

He's got the fans buzzing too. I looked forward to going to last night's game, even though I knew it wouldn't be the full team.

Both my lads were buzzing for the first time since - I can’t actually remember, asking to get the season tickets back the lot 🙄🙄

47 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I don't think he should - it's the players responsibility to adapt to what he wants.

This video of Gary Neville saying as much about Unai Emery seems like the same logic.

Silva has made it clear he will not change his beliefs on zonal marking could he go the same way as Martinez who stuck to his beliefs when it come to defending. 

Also he has highlighted Schneiderlin again as the integral midfielder to the system he wants to play he goes on to mention how important he is and makes it sound like he’s the only option he has in the team to play that, I 100% agree with him I’ve been saying that and seen for the 18 months good on ya Silva a manager with intelligence and vision. 😁

39 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Silva has made it clear he will not change his beliefs on zonal marking could he go the same way as Martinez who stuck to his beliefs when it come to defending

Also he has highlighted Schneiderlin again as the integral midfielder to the system he wants to play he goes on to mention how important he is and makes it sound like he’s the only option he has in the team to play that, I 100% agree with him I’ve been saying that and seen for the 18 months good on ya Silva a manager with intelligence and vision. 😁

You seem conflicted Palfy; is he going to strike out like Martinez or have "intelligence and vision" throughout the team (which as far as you're concerned means leaving Gana out;))?

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

You seem conflicted Palfy; is he going to strike out like Martinez or have "intelligence and vision" throughout the team (which as far as you're concerned means leaving Gana out;))?

I am conflicted we all know that, what I was trying to do in my confused state was ask the question could he go the same way as Martinez because of his beliefs on defence or is he right to carry on even if it costs us in games. 

I never mentioned Gana purely because I think from what Silva said Schiderlin is the best player in the squad to play that position, so in the spirit of fairness I couldn’t single out one player when it’s obvious he at the moment he believes it’s all who can play that position which are not as good at this time as Schneiderlin, which echoes what I have been saying for a long time. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Silva has made it clear he will not change his beliefs on zonal marking could he go the same way as Martinez who stuck to his beliefs when it come to defending. 

I think he is right as well.

He doesn’t have the ability to play on Ganas position.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I think he is right as well.

He doesn’t have the ability to play on Ganas position.

I would suggest it’s vice versa he’s seen others there and quickly realised they aren’t good enough and he hasn’t seen Schneiderlin play anywhere else in his team so I find it hard to follow your logic but maybe he’s seen it in training. 

I think in the not to distant future when they are all fit we will see a m/f 3 of Schneiderlin Gomes and Gylfi where the envisage won’t be based on trying to win the ball back so much but will be based more controlling it and keeping good possession.  

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I am conflicted we all know that, what I was trying to do in my confused state was ask the question could he go the same way as Martinez because of his beliefs on defence or is he right to carry on even if it costs us in games. 

I never mentioned Gana purely because I think from what Silva said Schiderlin is the best player in the squad to play that position, so in the spirit of fairness I couldn’t single out one player when it’s obvious he at the moment he believes it’s all who can play that position which are not as good at this time as Schneiderlin, which echoes what I have been saying for a long time. 

I think the big difference between Marco and Roberto is Marcos beliefs in defence. He has a belief in zonal marking, Roberto didn’t have a belief in defending at all!!

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I would suggest it’s vice versa he’s seen others there and quickly realised they aren’t good enough and he hasn’t seen Schneiderlin play anywhere else in his team so I find it hard to follow your logic but maybe he’s seen it in training. 

I think in the not to distant future when they are all fit we will see a m/f 3 of Schneiderlin Gomes and Gylfi where the envisage won’t be based on trying to win the ball back so much but will be based more controlling it and keeping good possession.  

For me Morgan is way too defensive to play in that link up role. He just doesn’t have it in his locker. The manager may see it differently, but as yet, he seems to see Morgan as a defensive mid. He even talks about him in this position.

Gana plays a different role. He plays the link up player. He’s the one who gets the ball, and then links up won’t either an attacking mid or a forward. 

I do agree that Gomez should take over that role if he is suited for the premier league as he may have the skills to create as well.

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

For me Morgan is way too defensive to play in that link up role. He just doesn’t have it in his locker. The manager may see it differently, but as yet, he seems to see Morgan as a defensive mid. He even talks about him in this position.

Gana plays a different role. He plays the link up player. He’s the one who gets the ball, and then links up won’t either an attacking mid or a forward. 

I do agree that Gomez should take over that role if he is suited for the premier league as he may have the skills to create as well.

I think Morgan can play the link Up role, but more the “ping the long ball” than Ganas shorter and quicker approach