Sign in to follow this  
Bluemineck

Marco Silva (manager)

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Again.... what have we done wrong?

Hopefully nothing but if we have we have to be prepared to face the consequences regardless of what we believe was or was not done by others, and what should or should not of happened to them in the form of punishment.

O.J Simpson got away with killing his wife when most people believe he done it, but that shouldn't mean everyone who kills their wife gets away with it, if someone poached our manager or one of our players I'd want who ever done it to be given a punishment that would hurt them.

For the F.A to not stamp out this sort of thing will give the bigger clubs the green light to walk all over the smaller clubs, the gulf between top 5-6 and the rest is already massive, give them the opportunity to make illegal approaches against clubs like us then we can kiss good bye to ever been able to challenge them.

32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Hopefully nothing but if we have we have to be prepared to face the consequences regardless of what we believe was or was not done by others, and what should or should not of happened to them in the form of punishment.

O.J Simpson got away with killing his wife when most people believe he done it, but that shouldn't mean everyone who kills their wife gets away with it, if someone poached our manager or one of our players I'd want who ever done it to be given a punishment that would hurt them.

For the F.A to not stamp out this sort of thing will give the bigger clubs the green light to walk all over the smaller clubs, the gulf between top 5-6 and the rest is already massive, give them the opportunity to make illegal approaches against clubs like us then we can kiss good bye to ever been able to challenge them.

All and well saying all this....

Everton have never been the worst team for diving - far from it... it got that chronic elsewhere in the league that they brought out a retrospective ban.  The only player to get done for that is Niasse.  There have been awful examples - delli ali, hazard, salah... throwing themselves over and nothing.

We get the shitty end of the stick all the time.  Players getting tapped up, moyes practically nabbed in the middle of a season. But we are supposed to fall on our sword because we aggressively pursued a manager? 

Nah not having it. Let the premier league/FA set the precedent with another more deserving club who have taken the piss for years. 

4 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Apparently in one paper, the players are complaining about silva’a training methods 

Meaning The Sun... meaning bollocks. They try and cause shite cos we ban their journos

1 hour ago, Sev said:

I think EFC is too big of a club for Silva. We should aim higher. But now that we have him I really do hope he has succes with the club.

This makes no sense? Was Spurs too big for Poch or Man U too big for Ferguson when they went there? Ridiculous comment he’s had 6 league matches. 

1 hour ago, Sev said:

I think EFC is too big of a club for Silva. We should aim higher. But now that we have him I really do hope he has succes with the club.

We have to support him and give him a chance He may be a bit too light weight for us at the moment but there is absolutely no way that we should contemplate him going, can't afford it for one thing! I just got a feeling of Martinez deja vu with both subs being at 20 minutes to go.

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

We have to support him and give him a chance He may be a bit too light weight for us at the moment but there is absolutely no way that we should contemplate him going, can't afford it for one thing! I just got a feeling of Martinez deja vu with both subs being at 20 minutes to go.

Last week it was before half time! The man can’t win. Was that too early last week? 

I dont really understand what he could have done today. They werent all over us and we were having our moments. 

I would agree that in other games he has left it late but it would be a strange move to make changes when you are creating chances and not really conceding any.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I dont really understand what he could have done today. They werent all over us and we were having our moments. 

I would agree that in other games he has left it late but it would be a strange move to make changes when you are creating chances and not really conceding any.

Agreed. We got beat today by an absolute class goal from Lacazette and a horrible missed call from the linesman. It was just one of those days where the luck didn’t fall our way. 

They just read out some pretty worrying stats about Silva in the Prem on 5Live. Lost nearly half his games, conceding nearly two a game. 

I'm ready to give him a free shot this season because I think he's inherited a huge mess and a weak squad. But he is really going to have to sort himself out defensively not to go the way of Martinez beyond that. 

9 minutes ago, nogs said:

They just read out some pretty worrying stats about Silva in the Prem on 5Live. Lost nearly half his games, conceding nearly two a game. 

I'm ready to give him a free shot this season because I think he's inherited a huge mess and a weak squad. But he is really going to have to sort himself out defensively not to go the way of Martinez beyond that. 

I see progress... not as much as I'd hoped but none the less we do look better.

We've had some poor luck... not that it should be a factor buy we have. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

not to mention the guy we bought to help out (Mina) hasn't even played yet.  Digne is bedding in well, it's going to be a little bit.

19 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Yeah the football is considerably better than last season. But there's no denying we look poor at the back. I hope Mina comes in and transforms it but the open way Silva is trying to play, I think it will take more than that. 

14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think injuries and suspensions have played a huge part in the fact the back four have been so poor this season. How many different CB pairings have we had already? It’s been the same story with both FB’s 

We need to get everyone fit and get a settled back four and give them a run of games before people start pointing the finger at Silva and / or his tactics 

As far as I can remember we’ve not played the same back 4 yet. 

On 23/09/2018 at 19:36, barryj said:

This makes no sense? Was Spurs too big for Poch or Man U too big for Ferguson when they went there? Ridiculous comment he’s had 6 league matches. 

Why would you think you can compare to totally different clubs in a totally different time period, barryj?

I was never a fan of Silva coming here (nor Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce) and I don't think he got what it takes to bring the team into an acceptable position with a solid squad of confident players. A squad that that noone wants to play against if they want points.
I will, however, like I said earlier, give him a chance now that he's here. But I'm not expecting much, to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Sev said:

Why would you think you can compare to totally different clubs in a totally different time period, barryj?

I was never a fan of Silva coming here (nor Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce) and I don't think he got what it takes to bring the team into an acceptable position with a solid squad of confident players. A squad that that noone wants to play against if they want points.
I will, however, like I said earlier, give him a chance now that he's here. But I'm not expecting much, to be honest.

The time period is irrelevant. You said EFC was too bigger club for him. I merely pointed out that both those good (one great) manager both were relatively small time before they went to Spurs and Man U. No difference to Silva. 

On 24/09/2018 at 23:19, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think injuries and suspensions have played a huge part in the fact the back four have been so poor this season. How many different CB pairings have we had already? It’s been the same story with both FB’s 

We need to get everyone fit and get a settled back four and give them a run of games before people start pointing the finger at Silva and / or his tactics 

I agree. I like our shape, we definitely have more control in midfield and we have moved 30 yards further up the pitch compared to Allardyce. We have had a lot of injuries, several new players to blend into the squad and we have played over 90 mins with 10 men. Thats a lot of disruption to deal with at the start of the season for any manager, let alone a new manager to the club, with new backroom staff, a new DoF and new board.

Things arent quite clicking but I feel like they arent that far off.

Early days into massive changes for us from top to bottom and I agree especially with the last bit Bailey said 

As much as I like Tosun and rate him we need another striker in Jan DCL is far from the answer or the finished article imo

Hopefully Gomes is worth the wait and can slot into midfield alongside Sigurdsson as I still see very little in Toms game 

7 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Early days into massive changes for us from top to bottom and I agree especially with the last bit Bailey said 

As much as I like Tosun and rate him we need another striker in Jan DCL is far from the answer or the finished article imo

Hopefully Gomes is worth the wait and can slot into midfield alongside Sigurdsson as I still see very little in Toms game 

I think if you take the team that played against Fulham and add Gomes and Coleman for Davies/Kenny and get them playing at a high level, we’ve got a very, very good team there. I’d like us to add a pacey striker who can play a bit back to goal but finish, Wilson from Bournemouth perhaps.

Not sure how to fit Mina and Bernard in but add them into any team and the quality won’t drop.

9 hours ago, Btay said:

I think if you take the team that played against Fulham and add Gomes and Coleman for Davies/Kenny and get them playing at a high level, we’ve got a very, very good team there. I’d like us to add a pacey striker who can play a bit back to goal but finish, Wilson from Bournemouth perhaps.

Not sure how to fit Mina and Bernard in but add them into any team and the quality won’t drop.

Why does Coleman have to be added to the team? Personally don’t think he adds an awful lot that another play can’t. 

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Why does Coleman have to be added to the team? Personally don’t think he adds an awful lot than another play can’t. 

Coleman at his best. 

Kenny impressed against Fulham, few little things with his game he needs to work on but he is definitely moving the right way. 

I have got concerns over Coleman and I hope he doesn’t get the captains armband this season until we see what level he consistently plays at.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Apparently we have not just the paciest striker in the Prem but the paciest player... 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/5-fastest-players-in-the-premier-league-right-now/5

35 minutes ago, nogs said:

Apparently we have not just the paciest striker in the Prem but the paciest player... 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/5-fastest-players-in-the-premier-league-right-now/5

That’s a surprise tbh. He doesn’t strike me as fast at all. When he won the penalty yesterday it was partly due to him not being able to get away from the defender. 

55 minutes ago, Btay said:

Coleman at his best. 

Kenny impressed against Fulham, few little things with his game he needs to work on but he is definitely moving the right way. 

I have got concerns over Coleman and I hope he doesn’t get the captains armband this season until we see what level he consistently plays at.

I’m not a huge fan of Coleman even at his best. I’d replace him yesterday. 

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s a surprise tbh. He doesn’t strike me as fast at all. When he won the penalty yesterday it was partly due to him not being able to get away from the defender. 

Yeah it surprised me too. I actually think for that pen tho he did show a good turn of pace, that's what kept him just goal side of the defender. He's a strong lad too, reckon whatever we think of his end product he's the sort of forward defenders don't relish facing at all. 

He can look an excellent prospect at times, but on the flip side, can look awful.

I didn’t realise speed was one of his positives through, as he almost seems a lazy runner. That in itself can be deceiving though.

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think almost inevitably Coleman has looked like something is missing since his injury. When he first came in his biggest asset was what he offered in the final third, that doesn't look to be there any more. I like Kenny, looks like he's got a good football brain on him. 

7 minutes ago, nogs said:

I think almost inevitably Coleman has looked like something is missing since his injury. When he first came in his biggest asset was what he offered in the final third, that doesn't look to be there any more. I like Kenny, looks like he's got a good football brain on him. 

I think he’d started to fade before the injury tbh. Not hugely but it was there. His final third contribution in terms of being a nuisance and a bit of a goal threat, but his crossing and final ball have always been atrocious. And it’s that fault that means I’ve never rated him as highly as others. 

I think we're showing good signs of improvement, 18 attempts with 6 on target yesterday, plus some attractive football at times, significantly better than this time last year.

We need to keep the faith in Marco and give him the time to fully stamp his ideas on the team, and also get the new signings integrated.

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If anyone was expecting more than (signs of) progress and that Silva would come in, wave a magic wand, and all our problems would disappear and we’d be playing super-slick football already, they need their heads testing. 

It’s not even a case of keeping the faith, or having a patience. It’s a case of not being a dickhead. 

Not me, but I think I few aren't too happy

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

If the ''fans'' on social media had their way Silva would have been sacked along with Marcel Brands, Duncan Ferguson and the bloke that pours the half-time pints. Moshiri would have been removed from his position and deported back to Iran with Goodison Park demolished and the shirt sponsor changed because, y'know, betting 'n all. 

I don't read the Everton social media pages as the people commenting there are either on a wind-up, have the mental capacity of a four year old or are a mix of the two.  

Yep I agree, or they are not Everton fans with nothing better to do and are just doing a windup on us.

Me, I'll discuss and comment with a true blue, can't be arsed with others who masquerade as a blue.

The team is progressing well, considering several of our signings have not yet been fit enough to feature regularly, he had less time with his players as its a world cup year, and we are less than 10 games into the season.

Once Silva has had the opportunity to work with his full squad for a while then we will be in a better position to judge. For me I think the team is progressing well. We need to be more aggressive and have more confidence, but this is coming and will continue to improve as the season and results improve.

The only thing we are missing is a top quality striker, now if Cenk can go on a run and start taking chances then great, is not then this is something that cannot be resolved until the summer window, as you just cant get the best players in the winter window.

The most important thing for me is you can see what Silva is trying to do and the players are buying into it and trying implement it. Whats also great to see is that the players are having fun and there seems to be a great atmosphere in the squad.

I hope this is the start of something very good at Everton, it is exciting times.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Consistently poor at crossing, absolutely.

Yes I agree his crossing is poor, I think Kenny already outshines him in that regard. But defending and having an engine I don’t think there has been many better like I said. 

I rate Silva I really do. Bernard is going to be a huge player, Charley has already shown his class. Mina and Gomes could go either way. But fuck me im looking forward to our matches. We are a team that should be looking for top six and maybe a trophy. Zouma is looking good aswell 

59 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I rate Silva I really do. Bernard is going to be a huge player, Charley has already shown his class. Mina and Gomes could go either way. But fuck me im looking forward to our matches. We are a team that should be looking for top six and maybe a trophy. Zouma is looking good aswell 

I hope we had put a price on Zouma. Pace/Power, he was commanding against Fulham.

6 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

If the ''fans'' on social media had their way Silva would have been sacked along with Marcel Brands, Duncan Ferguson and the bloke that pours the half-time pints. Moshiri would have been removed from his position and deported back to Iran with Goodison Park demolished and the shirt sponsor changed because, y'know, betting 'n all. 

I don't read the Everton social media pages as the people commenting there are either on a wind-up, have the mental capacity of a four year old or are a mix of the two.  

i don't agree with but can understand Silva and Ferguson.  But Brands?  Really?  don't get that one at all, he's a miracle worker, this summer was amazing.  he did more in one window than most of our last managers/DOF did in multiple windows.

9 hours ago, Btay said:

I hope we had put a price on Zouma. Pace/Power, he was commanding against Fulham.

Needed him for ages. Hopefully mina turns out to be spot on and we can have a solid pairing

12 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Needed him for ages. Hopefully mina turns out to be spot on and we can have a solid pairing

Keanes improving. Confidence must have been shot last year. Would be good to have Keane, Zouma, Mina at a very good level, with holgate waiting in the wings, developing.