Sign in to follow this  
Bluemineck

Marco Silva (manager)

Marco seems to be putting his stamp on the team as time goes on, watching us play yesterday was the polar opposite of last season, were playing with a desire to get forward and score, with a growing amount of flair thrown in. We still have a lot of work to do,  but 9 games in it's looking so much better, the team spirit seems very strong, turning that around from last season is unbelievable.

10 days since the last post, I guess we’re all pretty happy with Marco, I certainly am, we’re significantly better to watch than last season , still work to do of course.

MOTD2 were very complementary to us last weekend, which makes a change from previous. 

Looking forward to tomorrow’s game, feel we could put a few past them.

I’m happy with him, looks like he has a plan and ideas how to follow through. The only thing I think we are missing is a bit more aggression in our play, but I don’t think we’ll see that any time soon. 

Really looking forward to tomorrow’s game too. 

Seems like the players really respect him both for his ability and his character. Refreshing, as it seems like Koeman alienated most of the dressing room and I can only imagine what listening to an Allardyce team talk must be like

5 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

10 days since the last post, I guess we’re all pretty happy with Marco, I certainly am, we’re significantly better to watch than last season , still work to do of course.

MOTD2 were very complementary to us last weekend, which makes a change from previous. 

Different presenters to Lineker and his mates!

9 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I think that using your scale of what we think of him as a manager he gets an OK if we are going on posts in the last 10 days, based on no negatives and no positives. 

I personally think he is better than that but I’m guilty of not saying so, so it would appear forums are like life more people prefer to moan about things than praise them, here endith the lesson for today 🙂

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think that using your scale of what we think of him as a manager he gets an OK if we are going on posts in the last 10 days, based on no negatives and no positives. 

I personally think he is better than that but I’m guilty of not saying so, so it would appear forums are like life more people prefer to moan about things than praise them, here endith the lesson for today 🙂

Guilty as charged Sir, going by your posts on Gana😳

My concern about him jumping ship is still there, but he’s been a revalation and done so much to repair the damage caused by last season, along with Brands. 

We are still way behind top 6 clubs in terms of quality. Only players I can see moving us forward are Pickford, Richarlison and Gylfie. I'm keeping reservations about Digne and Bernard, they still have to prove consistency. We haven't seen Yerry yet, so hopes are high for him. I'm not counting the loanees, because they're not permanent ours. We need to be active in the transfer market if we want to improve. Considering all this, Marco Silva is doing just fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about him jumping ship.  We are a good fit for any manager.

We've got a good budget and owner who isn'tt afraid to spend.  A DOF who supports the managers vision and vice versa.   He will be on at least double what he was on at watford.

The step up from Everton is a job where you don't get much tolerance for any dips. 

We need Silva and he needs us. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

My concern about him jumping ship is still there, but he’s been a revalation and done so much to repair the damage caused by last season, along with Brands. 

Surely that concern exists at every club? So not a concern for me.

He is bringing the best out of the squad, Keane, Gana, Siggy, Davies, Seamus, Theo ( I'm only mentioning the players who were here last season as non performed well then and the improvement is great to see ) were all excellent yesterday, I didn't feel at any stage of the game that we wouldn't get all 3 points, and we look threatening every time we go forward. We still need to be more clinical in front of goal, we could have had a hat full in the second half.

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

I wouldn't worry too much about him jumping ship.  We are a good fit for any manager.

We've got a good budget and owner who isn'ttt afraid to spend.  A DOF who supports the managers vision and vice versa.   He will be on at least double what he was on at watford.

The step up from Everton is a job where you don't get much tolerance for any dips. 

We need Silva and he needs us. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Digne is top class. No reservations about him whatsoever. Brilliant player. 

All of the above is spot on.  Not to mention he will want to show he’s not a ship jumper by staying for a while to beef up his resume.

Here’s hoping guys. There are “bigger” clubs than us, but hopefully MJB is right and he wants to show he can actually see through a project 

I think we are as big as he is going to get with out winning something or as Mark said proving himself long term in a job. 

So I'm not to worried about him going anywhere else in the near future. 

Managed the game well today. Saw a different substitution than his normal ones. Changed the system and went three at the back and saw out a point away against a top team. For me nice to see and starting to see the difference between him and Martinez. 

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.football365.com/news/the-full-transcript-of-keys-and-grays-mad-everton-argument

Yeah, we got a point less this time around but if we play like that consistently we will pick up far many more points than we would under a prolonged period of that shitehawk.

Backwards? Get to fuck.

I seen a tweet about this.... its all to do with gravy chops chums.  The prick probably fancies a job.... that time of year. 

41 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I seen a tweet about this.... its all to do with gravy chops chums.  The prick probably fancies a job.... that time of year. 

Hughes just went from Southampton...

I can't believe they get paid for that shite, Andy Gray starts off saying we're worse, then finishes off by saying Marco has done a great job of integrating the new player, yep they are perfect for new Brexit minister positions.

Please don't shoot me for asking this question but...

Silva had a great start at Watford last season, with Richarlison being key to their success during that time. Then, entering December, his team had a terrible run with Richarlison beginning to struggle - maybe because he was being played out of position. Do the last couple of games point to the possibility of the same thing happening this season? We've had a good start, with our league position being higher than most would have expected. Now, though, as the season becomes hectic in December, our results have been disappointing.

Maybe we won't be able to answer this until the holiday rush of games is over.

20 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Please don't shoot me for asking this question but...

Silva had a great start at Watford last season, with Richarlison being key to their success during that time. Then, entering December, his team had a terrible run with Richarlison beginning to struggle - maybe because he was being played out of position. Do the last couple of games point to the possibility of the same thing happening this season? We've had a good start, with our league position being higher than most would have expected. Now, though, as the season becomes hectic in December, our results have been disappointing.

Maybe we won't be able to answer this until the holiday rush of games is over.

I think the derby defeat has knocked us back, and that's what this is.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think the derby defeat has knocked back, and that's what this is.

Exactly and I said the same thing before the Newcastle game. We created enough chances to win all 3 games but faltered. Its still early days for us and if anything, I think people may have just got a bit carried away.

28 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The football has been a bit stale, largely due to the lack of good movement. Sigurdssen, Gana and Coleman not up to the pace and Richarlison being square holed. 

I think sigurdsen has been ok,  he’s crwated a few chances and had a few efforts himself. It just doesn’t seem to be coming off for him though at the moment.

Agree with all the rest.

I also agree with Bailey though. The derby hit us hard and we’ve had a bad run. But we don’t need to get carried away, it’s a blip more than anything.

Last bit wasn’t aimed at you PeteO.

I’ve got no problem with Silva at all he’s trying to play football the right way, he has to look more at his players and replace the ones that aren’t capable of carrying out his plan. 

Thats exactly how I felt about Martinez but not the clueless Koeman and Allardyce, the advantage Silva has over Martinez is he has a cracking Director of football and an owner who has money, given time to change 4-5 more players for what he wants we will see the team play more to how he wants. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’ve got no problem with Silva at all he’s trying to play football the right way, he has to look more at his players and replace the ones that aren’t capable of carrying out his plan. 

Thats exactly how I felt about Martinez but not the clueless Koeman and Allardyce, the advantage Silva has over Martinez is he has a cracking Director of football and an owner who has money, given time to change 4-5 more players for what he wants we will see the team play more to how he wants. 

I tend to agree with you on this, but only time will tell.