IGNORED

Hirving Lozano

One problem with this lad is that he looks like he only ever wants to come inside onto his right foot. In Holland he has the time and space to do that. In the PL he wont have that same opportunity. He doesnt look like a natural 1 v 1 finisher but that wouldn't bother me particularly.

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

One problem with this lad is that he looks like he only ever wants to come inside onto his right foot. In Holland he has the time and space to do that. In the PL he wont have that same opportunity. He doesnt look like a natural 1 v 1 finisher but that wouldn't bother me particularly.

He is more like an "inside forward" kind of player on the wing. His style reminds me, Arjen Robben. You know, cut inside from the wing onto the opposite leg. You are right about time and space but he is too young, he can adapt his style to English football. He is very fast on and off the ball. It is always a threat even in the PL. I think it can be very deadly when Lozano on the left wing and Walcott on the right wing. Cenk&Niasse can drill into gaps or can create gaps for the wingers.

6 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

He is more like an "inside forward" kind of player on the wing. His style reminds me, Arjen Robben. You know, cut inside from the wing onto the opposite leg. You are right about time and space but he is too young, he can adapt his style to English football. He is very fast on and off the ball. It is always a threat even in the PL. I think it can be very deadly when Lozano on the left wing and Walcott on the right wing. Cenk&Niasse can drill into gaps or can create gaps for the wingers.

Yeh I know what you mean. Unless you are on the counter though, that space to cut into isnt as readily available here as it is in other countries especially when the other sides have seen the trick before. I haven't seen him play so I can only comment on what I have seen but there arent many clips where he is up against two banks of 4 in position. There can be nothing more frustrating than a winger cutting in too early and crowding the space for the central players when they should be maintaining their width (something Walcott does quite a lot). Mind you that probably shows the quality of the manager more than the player themselves! 

I can only go on the videos I have seen which are never anywhere near as good as a full game. His history suggests he is the right character and he plays in an area we need further depth. It will be interesting to see how he does in the WC.

3 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

So, as I understand he can be tempted by Brands if he wants to see him as a Blue. I think I made it clear in my previous posts about him, he is one of the most rated youngsters for me nowadays. Speedster and a scorer, I would love to see him as an Everton prospect.

As you understand?

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:

As you understand?

Well, let's say "I was hoping to..." before his reply on a possible move to Everton. He is also being chased by the top teams according to the sources but his reply to the question gave me a hope for real this time. He mentioned Brands, so he can be a major factor in his decision.

7 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

Well, let's say "I was hoping to..." before his reply on a possible move to Everton. He is also being chased by the top teams according to the sources but his reply to the question gave me a hope for real this time. He mentioned Brands, so he can be a major factor in his decision.

Fingers crossed mate 

I definitely get the hype, but we really need a left-footed winger in additio to him. Ship out Bolasie, and bring in an immediate started for LW, and that's good business. We could potentially have Walcott, Lookman, Vlasic, Hirving, and [starting LW]. That's a lot of depth and I'd be okay letting Vlasic go on loan.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Don’t underestimate Brands’ influence and the agents dealing with this one - think he’ll be ‘placed’ at us.

Be happy with that, even if he uses the club as a stepping stone it could help us get to where we want to be in the long run.

51 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Don’t underestimate Brands’ influence and the agents dealing with this one - think he’ll be ‘placed’ at us.

Not sure why he'd be 'placed' at a club with no European football when his current team is in the CL... I sincerely hope Brands has maintained very good relations with PSV which puts us in with a shout, but we'll have to break the bank to be in with any sort of a shout. 

Good finish although if Ozil had been paying attention in the team briefs he would have known he was going to cut inside.

I only saw the second half "live" and he looked lively. A little light weight maybe, but he was working hard in attack and defence, he looks very direct, good feet and quick. I'm looking forward to watching him again.

22 hours ago, c1982 said:

Look at Neves, Jota, etc. at Wolves - look what’s happening at Forest - loads of other examples. Agents place their players at clubs regardless. Silva’s/Brands’ agents may want their players with them.

Fully agree 

First time most of us have seen him live and he played alright scored a decent goal and now he's out of our league...

The lads only young I doubt he'll jump straight to the United City Chelsea's of the world, a step up in league club and finances will be the likely route and that puts us firmly in with a good shout especially with having the Brand's connection as well 

On 17/06/2018 at 18:02, nogs said:

Not sure why he'd be 'placed' at a club with no European football when his current team is in the CL... I sincerely hope Brands has maintained very good relations with PSV which puts us in with a shout, but we'll have to break the bank to be in with any sort of a shout. 

🤷🏻‍♂️ Cenk Tosun was through to the quarter finals of the CL and he jumped at the chance to move here when we were still in a relegation scrap

The Premiership is a step up for him So it makes sense for his career development and his bank balance