IGNORED

Hirving Lozano

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

also another angle the club could take is you gain a massive amount of mexican fans because he would now be the highest profile player they have.  Chicharito is a shadow of his former self, Vela and both Dos Santos are in MLS, there's a couple guys in Spain/Portugal/Holland, but this would be the biggest.

This.

This guy is talented and a prospect for the future for sure. Mexicans are also passionate about football and it can draw attention to the club, in the end, it will be good financially as well.

1 minute ago, Sir McGiven said:

This.

This guy is talented and a prospect for the future for sure. Mexicans are also passionate about football and it can draw attention to the club, in the end, it will be good financially as well.

yeah when chicarito when to manU a bunch of my mexican friends (i lived in LA at the time) all went out and bought tons of ManU gear and played Fifa just to be chicharito.  lol.  they are very passionate and proud of their players (rightfully so).  

On 17/06/2018 at 18:10, c1982 said:

Look at Neves, Jota, etc. at Wolves - look what’s happening at Forest - loads of other examples. Agents place their players at clubs regardless. Silva’s/Brands’ agents may want their players with them.

Patricio - one of the best keepers in the world - placed at Wolves. He could go to most teams and improve them - Liverpool are an obvious one... agents have so much power in the modern game, which is why having Mendes and the other chap, whose name escapes me currently, on board will be important to us.

14 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ Cenk Tosun was through to the quarter finals of the CL and he jumped at the chance to move here when we were still in a relegation scrap

The Premiership is a step up for him So it makes sense for his career development and his bank balance

Tosun is not the same level of player in terms of profile and hype as Lozano. Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted if we got him, but let's not kid ourselves that clubs offering European football will be sniffing around. 

Anyway my point was about this idea of him being 'placed'. He might come, but it would be for money, the project or the Brands connection, not some cunning plan to get him in the shop window for a bigger club. There are better options for that out there. 

16 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ Cenk Tosun was through to the quarter finals of the CL and he jumped at the chance to move here when we were still in a relegation scrap

The Premiership is a step up for him So it makes sense for his career development and his bank balance

One can guarantee himself European football playing for Bulgarian's Ludogorets. Not many fancy the prospect of coming here though.

Been flicking in and out of the game whilst I was watching the rugby and he seemed to do pretty well. A goal saving interception/tackle and assist. He looked like he knew his role tactically too. I think we are probably the right level for him at this stage to be honest. I don't think he would play week in week out at one of the current elite clubs. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Looks a very good player over does it at times but would be better suited in that Brazilian side than Mexico's, always seems a step ahead of his team mates 

Don't think there's any chance he'll end up here tbh 

I dont think he is that good yet. If he goes to a proper CL club then Im not sure he would start. He needs to be tested at our level, a bit like Cenk in a way. 

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I dont think he is that good yet. If he goes to a proper CL club then Im not sure he would start. He needs to be tested at our level, a bit like Cenk in a way. 

Don't get me wrong I think exactly the same I've said something along them lines further back but it's the World Cup people snap these lads up from a handful of decent games ala Arshavin Kapustka Gyan etc 

I think we'd be a good move for him tbh I just can't see it now though