Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Gor Mahia (pre-season, rescheduled for November)

Just now, Matt said:

DCL waiting for the ball too much, either going to early or not opening up enough to get it 

I agree, and both he and Dowell are trying too much instead of passing it off. Tosun has been disappointing too.

11 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Lookman man of the match by far. Beni, Davies, and Mina all looked decent. Tosun, DCL, and Dowell were big disappointments. No one else really had much work to do.

Thought Dowell was ok, neither good or bad. Joao looks very confident when required, as did McCarthy with his usual tenacity and strong passing. So many changes, I’ve forgotten who came on and went off! Cracking goal from Niasse too, that little twist was beautiful. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thought Dowell was ok, neither good or bad. Joao looks very confident when required, as did McCarthy with his usual tenacity and strong passing. So many changes, I’ve forgotten who came on and went off! Cracking goal from Niasse too, that little twist was beautiful. 

I actually thought he was the worst on the pitch despite his goal, although DCL and Tosun were only marginally better.

Was very surprised at the level they are at. They obviously faltered after substitutions but that was a given.

What did surprise me, was their confidence on the ball. They didnt panic and just hit and hope, they actually played the ball around a bit. One touch passing as well.

Better run out for the lads than a low level friendly or U23s.