IGNORED

The greatest ever Evertonians

Greatest ever Evertonians  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which three of the following, in your opinion, are the greatest Evertonians ever? Maybe you can explain your reasoning below.

• Dixie Dean
    • Harry Catterick
    • Brian Labone
    • Colin Harvey
    • Alan Ball
    • Ray Wilson
    • Bob Latchford
    • Neville Southall
    • Joe Royle
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • David Moyes
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Leighton Baines
    • Bill Kenwright
    • Howard Kendall

Dixie for obvious reasons, the best ever.  Howard Kendall for his role as the greatest manager we ever had,  and the big man Brian Labone,  a real gentle gentleman who always had time for his adoring fans even in his latter years,  I have shared many a pint with the big man.

EDIT … why no Alex?

I know Dixie should be a given but I'm going for ones I've seen and say Alan Ball - the reason I was drawn to Everton (met him at a dinner once and he had time for a long chat, lovely fella),  Southall best goalkeeper we've ever had and Kendall greatest manager.

Think Howard Kendall and Dixie Dean will be universal, our best manager and a guy who still holds world records for goal scoring in professional football. 

Southall is the other one for me, my footballing hero growing up, no conversation about the best goalkeepers ever is complete without talking about him, and an absolute one off, an ordinary bloke who turned himself into a great of the game through sheer bloody mindedness.