IGNORED

Matthijs De Ligt

2 hours ago, Peter H said:

50 mil for an 18 year old? No thx. Its like buying a cat in a bag for a huge amount of money

Тhis is the most rated young defender in the world right now. It's a lot of money, sure, but the talent comes with the price tag. I'm very exited by the prospect of signing Gelson Martins as well. Very technical and pacey right winger. It would mean business if we sign them both.

58 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Тhis is the most rated young defender in the world right now. It's a lot of money, sure, but the talent comes with the price tag. I'm very exited by the prospect of signing Gelson Martins as well. Very technical and pacey right winger. It would mean business if we sign them both.

and how many 18 year old defenders are setting the premier on fire at the moment? 50 mil is crazy money. He could go either way. Its a lot of pressure on a teenager. 50 mil. 

2 hours ago, Peter H said:

and how many 18 year old defenders are setting the premier on fire at the moment? 50 mil is crazy money. He could go either way. Its a lot of pressure on a teenager. 50 mil. 

Davinson Sanchez was one of the Ajax centrebacks last year.  He moved to Tottenham at the start of the year (for £36m), having just turned 21, and is now starting centreback in a top 3 team.

De Ligt will be 2 years younger (19) at the start of the season, but has played a lot of senior football (including in Europe and National team). 

It certainly is a lot of money, but around the Sanchez mark given; how highly regarded, younger, and continued inflation...

I'd probably be more comfortable going for Jonathan Tah (guessing a lot cheaper) and would have been happy with Issa Diop, but this would be a big coup...

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

Well make sure you use an emoji next time! 😂

NEVER!  :shakingfist:….………………...    Oh fuckit

6 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I really rate this lad, it's a massive amount of money for a lad of his age and experience though and being honest he'll get snapped up by a bigger club 

There will be similar cheaper options out there tbh 

true enough but who? where? and when?

2 hours ago, rubecula said:

NEVER!  :shakingfist:….………………...    Oh fuckit

true enough but who? where? and when?

I'm not a scout Rubes but out of the millions and millions that play the game around the globe I'm sure there are players that can make the grade 

Messi Ronaldo and co weren't instant household names

9 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'm not a scout Rubes but out of the millions and millions that play the game around the globe I'm sure there are players that can make the grade 

Messi Ronaldo and co weren't instant household names

This is now my answer whenever I don't want us to sign a player.

9 hours ago, rubecula said:

no worries Paul,  I asked because I thought you may have had some idea.

As with most of us mate I'm pretty clueless to the vast majority of football not played on these or close shores...

I mentioned this lad in previous posts as being a player i'd like to see here but it's a big risk for that kind of money tbh I don't want us pissing money into the wind again albeit it isn'tt mine...

Personally I'd go for Lascelles who knows the league has all the attributes you'd want and will be cheaper if not the likes of Mawson Gibson etc or for experience you could do worse than Blind who can fill in at LB if needed at times