IGNORED

Ok I've Held Fire Until Now But........!

OK we've only played two games but I'm already getting angry. Fair enough a win and an away draw at Blackburn is not a bad start to the season. However look behind the statistics and its not good. We are bad to watch. We can barely string two passes together in midfield. Beattie is too slow/unfit(why?). Kilbane, Naysmith should not be in the squad but are because otherwise there is no cover. Cahill and Davies are not good enough. Cahill's goals do not compensate for his lack of ability in every other department eg passing! Osman works hard but come on. Arteta is class but he can't do it on his own. Van the man...need I say more.

So I can't be pigeonholed as totally negative I'll say Johnson has added something, ie pace. Lescott needs time and Howard looks good potentially.

What is really getting to me though is Moyes. How much longer are we going to have to put up with football like this. Its supposed to be an entertainment. This isn't, there is no shape or pattern to our game and we seem to be going to have another season of nicked wins, draws, defeats. Ok fair enough we probably won't be fighting relegation, (fingers X), but Moyes is dour. When was the last time you enjoyed watching Everton? West Ham away last season, that's all I can think of.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again i dont agree i dont think you will find what you are looking for outside the top 4 or 5 teams in the prem.

I have grown up watching the worst Everton teams in history kick their way out of relegation battles, managers intent on bringing "experienced professionals" (past it donkeys) to our club & mounting debts. I am happy with the current situation as long as we make progress each year which we have done in the last 4/5 in all areas of the club.

We, if we allow this growing attitude amongst the fans are in danger of becoming the next Man City! Their fans cry like bitches, turn up in their thousands and slag anyone and everyone they have a problem with and the result is destruction of confidence within the playing staff and managers resulting in poor performances. Once that happens they turn on the chairman and everything goes tits up Newcastle have similar issues!

We are a very average team along with many in the premier league but we are no longer a bad team full of donkeys. Also to answer your question the last time i enjoyed watching Everton was Wednesday night at Blackburn.

I'll ask a question of you London and anyone else with similar opinions feel free to add your 2 pennies.

What is your solution to Evertons "problem"?

Compared to recent seasons, i serious don't think we have that big of a problem at all!

Firstly, already said, a win and a draw is a good beginning for us. I think that Moyes would be happy with a draw at Ewood Park as it is a hard place to go to and walk away with three points. I personally do not expect any more than a single point away to Spurs...and hopefully we can dip Liverpool with a bit of luck. Fingers crossed.

As a season ticket holder, I can compare the original Moyes line-up with that which we have now. The game against Watford was never going to be a wonderful display against football. Watford have hardly invested in their squad, and a lot of their play was scrappy to say the least.

The introductions of new players has refreshed our squad, and I think it is now looking stronger than of recent years - and I think we should definately be looking at a top 8 finishing place.

:)

OK we've only played two games but I'm already getting angry. Fair enough a win and an away draw at Blackburn is not a bad start to the season. However look behind the statistics and its not good. We are bad to watch. We can barely string two passes together in midfield. Beattie is too slow/unfit(why?). Kilbane, Naysmith should not be in the squad but are because otherwise there is no cover. Cahill and Davies are not good enough. Cahill's goals do not compensate for his lack of ability in every other department eg passing! Osman works hard but come on. Arteta is class but he can't do it on his own. Van the man...need I say more.

So I can't be pigeonholed as totally negative I'll say Johnson has added something, ie pace. Lescott needs time and Howard looks good potentially.

What is really getting to me though is Moyes. How much longer are we going to have to put up with football like this. Its supposed to be an entertainment. This isn't, there is no shape or pattern to our game and we seem to be going to have another season of nicked wins, draws, defeats. Ok fair enough we probably won't be fighting relegation, (fingers X), but Moyes is dour. When was the last time you enjoyed watching Everton? West Ham away last season, that's all I can think of.

46932[/snapback]

i enjoy watching Everton everytime they play because im a blue and always will be i dont give a fuck if we were relagated to the conference because i would still support them, through thick and thin im once a blue always a blue

The important thing is we are playing poorly but winning. When chelsea/man utd play poorly & win everyone goes on about how great they are. Lets focus on the fact that once we get our shit together we have the potential to do something this year. So lets save the negative posts till we play crap & lose.

I have come to accept we are never going to be a team who plays "sexy" football, but we do play to our strengths when Davy boy picks the right combination. I am delighted with our position right now and feel things will improve as we get more games under our belt.

Things could be worse, that is not to say I am prepared to accept poor displays week in week out, but we are a team to be wary of this year.

ATB

Mac

The first half against Watford was pretty good, hit the woodwork twice and could have gone in 3-0 up at halftime.

The last half hour at Blackburn was always going to be like that cos they had just gone 1 up, and when we changed things they were content to defend the lead, that happens in most games with a 1-0 scoreline.

Its all about confidence with us and i'm sure if we had won the Watford game 3 or 4 nil, like we should have done, We would have won at Blackburn.

So lets get into the season Proper before we start havin a go at them, the SPURS and RS games are going to Test us , its how we Handle it after those two games that will decide how the season goes.

Licker.

Got to say that i would rather us play "boring" football and be effective than be entertainers and do sod all.

In England, other than the Arse of recent years I would say that the successful teams havent been great to watch.

Teams with a physical presence mixed in with a bit of skill usually prosper in the English league

Two views from the capital...

OK we've only played two games but I'm already getting angry.

46932[/snapback]

It's the eve of another season and after our gradual progress as a club and squad the time is coming for us to step up and be noticed again.....So when you hear z-cars tomorow and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, get behind the boys and do so throughout the season.

45956[/snapback]

Go have a word with him Phil :D !

Im not particularly happy with how we've performed, but points wise it's been a good start to the season for us and I that is all that matters really. Like everyone else has said it is only two games into the season, and most teams do start slow, but hopefully we will start to play better and wipe teams out like we should have done against Watford.

Could be worse....you could support Bolton, where I have never seen a decent game of football.

46993[/snapback]

Bolton play a boring style but they grind out results and have been there or there abouts of a top 6 finish for the last few years. We are not going to be a top four side because Kenwright hasnt got the cash to invest. I see us on a par with the likes of Bolton and Blackburn fighting in the 6-10th place area. While I don't like the way we play I think it will see us pushing for a UEFA place come April.

46932[/snapback]

Totally agree with you Moyes is very dour , so much so that i have given up my season ticket after 5 years and will not even waste my money on single match ticket til Moyes has gone !!! :angry:

Totally agree with you Moyes is very dour , so much so that i have given up my season ticket after 5 years and will not even waste my money on single match ticket til Moyes has gone !!! :angry:

47021[/snapback]

I can understand voting with your money mate, but that is one hell of a thing to do on the basis of only two games played.

Moyes is the best we have had for years, and while I don't like some of his tactics and team selection, I'm thinking he knows a little bit more about football than I do.

ATB

Mac

I can understand voting with your money mate, but that is one hell of a thing to do on the basis of only two games played.

Moyes is the best we have had for years, and while I don't like some of his tactics and team selection, I'm thinking he knows a little bit more about football than I do.

ATB

Mac

47022[/snapback]

Its not on the basis of 2 games , its on the basis of 4 seasons of negativity apart from 4 and a half months of 1-0 wins at the begining of the season before last , the fact that Moyes has wasted money on players like Davies , Kroldrup , VDM , paid way over the odds for BT and took a massive risk on AJ who is living on 1 good season in which he scored something like 11 pens . Although i do think that AJ will be a success !! And finally my last gripe with our manager is WHY does he never give youngsters a chance , i know he's given Rooney , Victor and James Vaughn a try but when will we see young players other than strikers ??

Goldfish, I don't get paid huge amounts of wedge to find solutions that's the Managers job. That's what he's paid for and he has had lot's of time. I call a spade a spade. I don't question the effort of the players but the strategy of the Manager is questionable. To ask me what my solution would be is to assume I would have made the same buys as Moyes and used the same tactics as him. He's in charge of the team so he's responsible for the quality of football we watch. Last season's goals difference speaks volumes. Are you seriously telling me that the quality of football you see is good enough?

Correctamundo Java, We are nowhere near the worst.

Apart from the first part of last season when i was conviced we would be relegated, we have a better squad, and are in better shape now, since the glory days of the 80s. The future is bright............the future is Blue. :)

Edited by Licker

Its not on the basis of 2 games , its on the basis of 4 seasons of negativity apart from 4 and a half months of 1-0 wins at the begining of the season before last , the fact that Moyes has wasted money on players like Davies , Kroldrup , VDM , paid way over the odds for BT and took a massive risk on AJ who is living on 1 good season in which he scored something like 11 pens . Although i do think that AJ will be a success !! And finally my last gripe with our manager is WHY does he never give youngsters a chance , i know he's given Rooney , Victor and James Vaughn a try but when will we see young players other than strikers ??

47023[/snapback]

are you an RS mate???

not many teams try out yuongsters at the back, there is a risk involved with playing youngsters. if they make a mistake near the opponents goal then its not a problem, if they make a mistake near your own goal that could lose you the game, and the kid a lot of confidence. defenders only play when they are ready. forwards you can take a risk a little easier

the criticisms youve levelled at Everton fc could just as easily be made against every club in the premiership except the big four. thats life!

47064[/snapback]

I've seen West Ham play some lovely football and Spurs also. Moyes is happy for his back four to knock long ball after long ball. You hardly ever see the back four use the ball well. There is no control of possession in midfield and no shape to our play. Just because I don't like Moyes tactics doesn't mean I'm not a genuine supporter or red shite in disguise. I just like bang for my buck and I'm not getting it from him.

I've seen West Ham play some lovely football and Spurs also. Moyes is happy for his back four to knock long ball after long ball. You hardly ever see the back four use the ball well. There is no control of possession in midfield and no shape to our play. Just because I don't like Moyes tactics doesn't mean I'm not a genuine supporter or red shite in disguise. I just like bang for my buck and I'm not getting it from him.

47082[/snapback]

I agree with you about our style of play its horrible to watch stubbs naysmith and hibbert knock it long all the time more often than not handing posession away and inviting pressure. I remember Moyes shortly after joining us saying he knew all about Evertons history and school of science and would be looking to bring the fans the kind of passing football that demands.

It's a problem the England squad often suffer when things aren't going our way. Is it more of a domestic problem? The teams with more continental players seem to play a natural passing game although Moyes has to carry the can as it's nearly all his squad now. That said Moyes hasn't had the money to spend that Jol has at Spurs so you could argue he's doing what he can with the scraps on his table. I know West Ham did well last season but I think they will find it much tougher this year now teams now exactly what they're about.

Edited by Bluetrip

are you an RS mate???

not many teams try out yuongsters at the back, there is a risk involved with playing youngsters. if they make a mistake near the opponents goal then its not a problem, if they make a mistake near your own goal that could lose you the game, and the kid a lot of confidence. defenders only play when they are ready. forwards you can take a risk a little easier

47076[/snapback]

I dont see why youngsters would make any more mistakes than the so called senior players that weve got at the back at the mo !!!

Besides i was thinking more about out and out wingers coming through more so than defenders !!!

As for opening quote of am i a RS , Do you write that about every quote that you dont agree with ??? i reacon you need to get your head out the clouds and become a realist mate , were not moving forward like were supposed to be were actually going backwards !!!

Everton WON!

THAT IS SWEET

47182[/snapback]

Great result. Two goals for AJ and his England call up his confidence must be sky high. I do find it funny hearing the media telling everyone how badly Tottenham have played like if they'd decided to put in a mediocre performance they would have walked it. If it was Man U they'd be purring about how amazing it was they'd steamrolled a top European outfit 2-0 with only 10 men.