Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Yerry Mina

11 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

I don't think he's being written off in any way but maybe shouldn't start all games whilst he adapts to the Prem. We do have a squad now and some rotation ought to be possible, Zouma put in a good shift yesterday.

Yeah I agree Zouma and Keane should be first choice and Mina should ween his way into the squad. I think Marco is starting Mina because he is our player and there is no guarantee that Zouma will be here next year - I suppose the quickest way of Mina adapting is to be thrown in the deep end. 

14 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

After his first couple of games, people were slamming Digne. Now he's winning plaudits. Can we display a little patience with Mina? It takes time to adjust to a new league and a new team, and it's unfair to write people off so soon.

Nobodys writing him off- just pointing out he had a mare on Saturday- Which he did.

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

Nobodys writing him off- just pointing out he had a mare on Saturday- Which he did.

They did, apparently Brands first dud if you read back.

I agree with you though, he was crap at the weekend but you dont write people off for one crap game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46648480

Anyone know what this is about, can't make out the words to the only chant I can find online (to the tune of Have You Seen Her)?

Edit: It's... 

We’ll sing his name everywhere we go

From the Gwladys street & away from home

Yerry Mina

Oh oh oh

Yerry Mina

So nothing racist there.

48 minutes ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46648480

Anyone know what this is about, can't make out the words to the only chant I can find online (to the tune of Have You Seen Her)?

Edit: It's... 

We’ll sing his name everywhere we go

From the Gwladys street & away from home

Yerry Mina

Oh oh oh

Yerry Mina

So nothing racist there.

That's because that's not the chant, there is one which mentions Colombian Narcotics and his Manhood!

11 minutes ago, aaron said:

That's because that's not the chant, there is one which mentions Colombian Narcotics and his Manhood!

Assumed as much, what's the "offensive" one? 

(PM me if you think it really is offensive, just like to make up my own mind)

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Assumed as much, what's the "offensive" one? 

(PM me if you think it really is offensive, just like to make up my own mind)

IMO it’s a bit of a stretch to call it racist

He’s 6 foot 5 and his name is Yerry Mina,

His cock’s like a hose on a vacuum cleaner,

Goes on the lemo with David Ospina,

Hey Yerry Mina! 

( To the tune of hey Macarena )

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

IMO it’s a bit of a stretch to call it racist

He’s 6 foot 5 and his name is Yerry Mina,

His cock’s like a hose on a vacuum cleaner,

Goes on the lemo with David Ospina,

Hey Yerry Mina! 

( To the tune of hey Macarena )

I think that’s pretty funny myself. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think that’s pretty funny myself. 

At worst it's stereotyping black lads have big cocks and Columbians take cocaine, fuck me it's banter, I'm amazed that's been classed as Racist you'd struggle to prove it as offensive.

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That's not racist.

They'll argue that it's buying into a racial stereotype (that black men are well hung) but why would anyone have a problem with that (unless they're a white man with a small penis)? It's in no way offensive for me, just a bit of fun. "Racism" is surely when you're derogatory about someone because of their colour, not when you use an urban myth (is it?) to big someone up.

Madness.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

They'll argue that it's buying into a racial stereotype (that black men are well hung) but why would anyone have a problem with that (unless they're a white man with a small penis)? It's in no way offensive for me, just a bit of fun. "Racism" is surely when you're derogatory about someone because of their colour, not when you use an urban myth (is it?) to big someone up.

Madness.

PC going mad I've been called a Geordie twat or a northern cunt, have I been racially abused no just insulted probably more because the truth hurts.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

At worst it's stereotyping black lads have big cocks and Columbians take cocaine, fuck me it's banter, I'm amazed that's been classed as Racist you'd struggle to prove it as offensive.

There's not even an indication of his race in that chant. Maybe he's got a big cock because he's 6 ft 5 (maybe he's got a small cock! Who knows?) Columbia is infamous for its cocaine - now like you say thats a stereotype. 

How many people has sacrificed their well-being and even their lives to end slavery, racism and to promote equality between all walks of life? Calling that racist is down right disrespectful to those people and it happens all too often now days.

Can't even mimick an accent without being branded as racist. Makes me laugh.

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Madness.

:otvwhistle:

22 hours ago, StevO said:

For me things like this undermine racism. There is no place for racist hatred in the world, but to put this in the same bracket as the likes of what has been seen recently in matches in London does more harm than good for me. 

People often have no idea what certain words actually mean. Racism is one such word 

12 minutes ago, DavisJD said:

Still think that currently the best partnership is Zouma and Keane.

Fingers crossed Mina comes good because he has been suspect so far. Silva will play him over Zouma

In someway he has to Mina will still be our player next season Zouma probably won't be, so he needs to give him every opportunity to settle in and get better.

If it’s based on form the vacuum cleaner should be “rested”. However, I think it’s a positive we have real competition at centre half. The main thing we are going to struggle with is if gana isn’t fit who isn’t going to pick up son and Ali coming from the deeper positions? We have conceded some real poor goals recently and spurs are the side that can counter attack amongst the best 

12 hours ago, Finn balor said:

If it’s based on form the vacuum cleaner should be “rested”. However, I think it’s a positive we have real competition at centre half. The main thing we are going to struggle with is if gana isn’t fit who isn’t going to pick up son and Ali coming from the deeper positions? We have conceded some real poor goals recently and spurs are the side that can counter attack amongst the best 

Davies.

Gana doesn’t pick runners up he let’s people ghost past him, he’s just attracted to the ball he’s not remotely interested in closing runners down or to shut off their space he hasn’t got the intelligence for that he’s a tackler not a clever footballer, Davies is more of tactician and understands that role he knows how to position himself when to stay and when to go, when your playing teams like Spurs you want brains over brawn to stop them. 

Even Silva in his build up to the game said we need quality and creativity from everyone against a strong Spurs side, both of which Gana doesn’t possess, Davies is the winner in them departments everyday. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ironic.... we are talking about Mina due to him having a stinker in the last game. Who never played in that game? Yep the player palfy is talking about. 

Apologies everyone genuinely thought I was in the Spurs match day thread can it be moved to there please thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I really think he'll be one of the first out of the door come the summer.

He's not showing anything that makes me want him to stay,, and all that great guy stuff we saw early in the season before he was fit hasn't transferred on to the pitch.

At the moment, I think he is one of two things:

1. He is crap and will never make it at a decent level;

2. He is struggling to come to terms with English football and when bearing in mind he didn't have a pre-season, he may just need more time to adapt.

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

2. He is struggling to come to terms with English football and when bearing in mind he didn't have a pre-season, he may just need more time to adapt.

It's number 1.

4 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He is a good defender, but needs time to adjust to the Premier League. Like many others his confidence is not great at the moment.

He looks exactly like he did at Barca and is why he barely got any playing time and was quickly fucked off - a defender that isn’t very good at defending, clumsy and cumbersome. Another one we’ll take a hit on when he returns to Colombia. 

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

I don't really hold with his needs time to adapt for me the worst thing is inability to defend a cross in the air whether a corner free kick or cross from open play which is made more the poorer when you consider his size, now that could be contributed to by Silva's zonal tactics but for me a ball crossed with height into the box should be defended the same way in any league shouldn't it?

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

He is a good defender, but needs time to adjust to the Premier League. Like many others his confidence is not great at the moment.

They are in a premiership club and we can't have 'many' lacking in confidence, it doesn't work like that or there's something very wrong.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don't really hold with his needs time to adapt for me the worst thing is inability to defend a cross in the air whether a corner free kick or cross from open play which is made more the poorer when you consider his size, now that could be contributed to by Silva's zonal tactics but for me a ball crossed with height into the box should be defended the same way in any league shouldn't it?

Last time I watched Spanish football they dont cross the ball all that often and especially not from the half way line. Nor do they do it in the wind and rain that often. Nor do they do it by playing lumps up front where they give you a dig everytime you challenge for the ball. 

Whether he will improve upon that is open for debate, but I would hope that we wouldnt have bought him if our scouting showed that he isnt that good in the air.

Likewise I do also fully accept that I could be clutching at straws.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Last time I watched Spanish football they dont cross the ball all that often and especially not from the half way line. Nor do they do it in the wind and rain that often. Nor do they do it by playing lumps up front where they give you a dig everytime you challenge for the ball. 

Whether he will improve upon that is open for debate, but I would hope that we wouldnt have bought him if our scouting showed that he isnt that good in the air.

Likewise I do also fully accept that I could be clutching at straws.

Bailey it gets windy and rains in Spain trust me on that mate I have a Villa out there that I go to on regular basis, and sometimes I’m out there and it’s foul and you here it’s better back home. 

I appreciate the “he needs time to adapt to the English game” argument. But we generally can see the ones who are good players, and just need a bit of time to become even better. Mina doesn’t appear to be one of these. He’s too unsteady and rash and the way evertonians are with defenders who are clumsy, he’ll get annialated after a few mistakes....I remember our fans slating materazzi 😂

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

Bailey it gets windy and rains in Spain trust me on that mate I have a Villa out there that I go to on regular basis, and sometimes I’m out there and it’s foul and you here it’s better back home. 

I dont think I have ever seen a Spanish game in the rain? I dont watch it religiously, only ever flick onto it if there is nothing else I want to watch. I doubt they are pumping 40 yard balls forward in it though!

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Flat footed... caught for pace too often. Overvalues his physicality ... in the EPL strikers know how to deal with big centre halves.  Funes mori was better...

He strikes me a bit like Lukaku in that he has always been a big lad even as a kid and therefore never had to "learn" how to use his height and strength properly. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

He strikes me a bit like Lukaku in that he has always been a big lad even as a kid and therefore never had to "learn" how to use his height and strength properly. 

This. And the same reason why Tim Cahill could jump so high, because he had to!

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Remember how shit keane was at first, Mina will come good.  

Don't forget that Keane is in the same back four that can't clear a ball when it comes into the box.

I said from his first game he looks awkward. He plays balls diagonally thirty yards without even looking.

Ill say it again, anyone who’s had a ball at their feet knows this. It’s easier to play a ball thirty yards than it is to play a ten yard ball. 

A thirty yard ball gives the receiving player time to adjust to the flight and accuracy of the ball.

A ten yard pass has to be accurate, or the receiving player won’t have time to adjust and receive it.

Mina plays aimless balls across the park and only half of them ever get there. The rest get intercepted or challenged. He panicks on the ball and always makes me cringe when he does that fake pass thing haha.  

I think we have brought another wet kipper here!