Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If he signs for us it will literally be his last choice.

Then he’d have to work his arse off to get into the window if he wants a move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Not read through most of this so apologies if it’s been said already but does anyone else get the distict feels ng he’s playing us like a fiddle to get a move elsewhere??

I get that feeling as well. It wouldn’t be the first time agents have used our interest to drum up other clubs.

Would like him here, but it seems to have dragged on for a very long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StevO said:

Sky reporting United are interested now. 

Saw rumours of it coming out of Spain last night too. Wonder if he is their back up if they cant get Maquire.

Realstically Mina could easily still move to United or Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to drop this one- you think we’d have learnt our lesson from Witsel. We’re like the ugly kid in a disco who has asked a fit bird to dance and she’s said maybe later and now we’re standing in the corner watching all the trendier better looking lads chat her up but still hoping she’s going to fuck themmoff for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Paddock said:

We need to drop this one- you think we’d have learnt our lesson from Witsel. We’re like the ugly kid in a disco who has asked a fit bird to dance and she’s said maybe later and now we’re standing in the corner watching all the trendier better looking lads chat her up but still hoping she’s going to fuck themmoff for you.

I like your metaphor, but in this case Witsel chose the ugly old fag with deep pockets. The lesson is: "If you're ugly, you better be rich."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

If we ever need a signing to come off this is one of them 

Absolutely can't be arsed if we start the season with that back four from tonight 

I wouldn’t be against having an entirely new back 4. 

We’re not signing Mina though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wouldn’t be against having an entirely new back 4. 

We’re not signing Mina though. 

I’d keep Coleman but we defo need 2 cb and it looks like Digne is all but done. Hopefully the shambles of a pre season will kick the board up the arse to get 2 in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I’d keep Coleman but we defo need 2 cb and it looks like Digne is all but done. Hopefully the shambles of a pre season will kick the board up the arse to get 2 in.

I’d be replacing him as well, but I’ve thought and wanted that for years. I wanted Trippier for that when he was still with Burnley. Heart of a lion but, imo, Coleman isn’t good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’d be replacing him as well, but I’ve thought and wanted that for years. I wanted Trippier for that when he was still with Burnley. Heart of a lion but, imo, Coleman isn’t good enough. 

Wow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’d be replacing him as well, but I’ve thought and wanted that for years. I wanted Trippier for that when he was still with Burnley. Heart of a lion but, imo, Coleman isn’t good enough. 

Really? That does surprise me- I think he’s a good attacking full back which is what Silva likes to use but admittedly, I’d have Trippier over him but that ships well sailed. One things for sure, not signing at least one centre back will be as criminal as not replacing Lukaku was. Something needs to be done as the beating we’re taking wont be doing their confidence any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Really? That does surprise me- I think he’s a good attacking full back which is what Silva likes to use but admittedly, I’d have Trippier over him but that ships well sailed. One things for sure, not signing at least one centre back will be as criminal as not replacing Lukaku was. Something needs to be done as the beating we’re taking wont be doing their confidence any good.

Obviously we’ve got no chance of getting of Trippier, I wasn’t suggesting we could do that. Just using him as an example to show that it’s not a recent thing of me wanting Coleman replaced. I’ve never been as enamoured with him as most are. He’s a good attacking full-back, as you say, but he’s not great. I think it’s because of his poor crossing, it pisses me off and always has done. I wish we’d cashed in on him when the hype was around him.

It doesn’t help that he’s lost a bit of pace since his terrible injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Obviously we’ve got no chance of getting of Trippier, I wasn’t suggesting we could do that. Just using him as an example to show that it’s not a recent thing of me wanting Coleman replaced. I’ve never been as enamoured with him as most are. He’s a good attacking full-back, as you say, but he’s not great. I think it’s because of his poor crossing, it pisses me off and always has done. I wish we’d cashed in on him when the hype was around him.

It doesn’t help that he’s lost a bit of pace since his terrible injury. 

No I know you wasn’t suggesting get Trippier I was just agreeing that if itbwas a choice of the 2 I would have him. Colemans injury was a shame but to his credit he’s come back strong and he gives his all for the shirt. I’m hoping he can flourish under Silvas system but it looks like he’ll be going with the same one we’ve played for 6 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Just started following City as well amongst a multitude of various footballers.....

He's either vying for interest or he's a window licker and doesn't know which club is which 

Amazing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Read a few bits saying he’s really slow (pace and decision making)... was impressed with him at the World Cup and didn’t notice this but it would put me off the idea if true.

I was trying to find some videos to see how quick he was but couldnt really find anything. He seems adept at sticking a long lanky leg into a tackle and coming out with the ball but Im not sure how well that would translate to a more physical and aggressive league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Let’s go for Maguire probably the better player for the PL. 

Not for £65mill though as the press were reporting.

Always liked Maguire. I remember when we played Hull, he stood out for me. Mentioned it in the game thread on here. Always been impressed with how he charges forward with the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Not for £65mill though as the press were reporting.

Always liked Maguire. I remember when we played Hull, he stood out for me. Mentioned it in the game thread on here. Always been impressed with how he charges forward with the ball.

Didn’t realise they were looking at that sort of money, makes you wonder what is Stones value now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14:00

sky reports....  

VILLA ENTER MINA RACE?

Aston Villa have made a surprise offer for Barcelona defender Yerry Mina, reports TMW.

The Sky Bet Championship side have offered Barcelona an initial fee of €10m and €10m in add-ons.

However, Barca are seeking a fee of €40m for the Colombia international, who is also a firm target for Manchester United and Everton. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10296718

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Been coming all along this. I just hope we have learned our lesson from past experience like this and are onto other targets because it’s plain as day he’s been playing us for a move to a bigger club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

"United's No1 transfer target" after chasing Maquire... Makes sense 

It seems this has been a smokescreen and Alderwireld is Man U bound... I don’t know how this leaves the Mina situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It seems this has been a smokescreen and Alderwireld is Man U bound... I don’t know how this leaves the Mina situation.

Maybe not... duped by a fake account on Twitter. I do still believe this will happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Digne is telling him to come. That'll work.

In one way, I can't blame him for exploring his options and looking for the best move.

He's moving from Barcelona, which would be hard enough on its own, but the fact he's only been there since January and having to move again would probably mean he wants his next move to be right so he can settle.

On another hand...his Uncle is just bring a typical agent and playing the field. Supposed to have deals sorted with 3 clubs? Behave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Digne is telling him to come. That'll work.

In one way, I can't blame him for exploring his options and looking for the best move.

He's moving from Barcelona, which would be hard enough on its own, but the fact he's only been there since January and having to move again would probably mean he wants his next move to be right so he can settle.

On another hand...his Uncle is just bring a typical agent and playing the field. Supposed to have deals sorted with 3 clubs? Behave.

If he signs for United he’s a fool because he may as well stay at Barca as he’ll sit on Uniteds bench as well.

Having watched a few clips of him he looks a bit of a donkey - admittedy anyone can make clips to make a player look good or bad but some of the defending I’ve watched him do has seen him flat on his arse dazed and confused by the attacker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t get all these shouts about Mina playing us for a move to a bigger club, as far as I’m aware we have not had a bid accepted by Barcelona so the lad has not had any decisions to make 

This is a strange one...his Uncle/Agent is saying he has agreed terms with 3 clubs, now it's just down to which club agrees terms with Barcelona.

If this is true, like Paddock says above, walk away. We'll end up getting our pants pulled down for fees etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Paddock said:

 

If this is true ot pleases me no end. We need to learn our lesson from being  fucked about in the past.

Definitely learnt our lesson this time, we've not let ourselves be strung along at all. We've walked away early this time to give us ample time to go after another target... :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will have been interested in a move to Everton at some point in this window. No club bids for a player without them having some interest. They always speak with agents first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...