IGNORED

Yerry Mina

We need to drop this one- you think we’d have learnt our lesson from Witsel. We’re like the ugly kid in a disco who has asked a fit bird to dance and she’s said maybe later and now we’re standing in the corner watching all the trendier better looking lads chat her up but still hoping she’s going to fuck themmoff for you.

17 minutes ago, Paddock said:

We need to drop this one- you think we’d have learnt our lesson from Witsel. We’re like the ugly kid in a disco who has asked a fit bird to dance and she’s said maybe later and now we’re standing in the corner watching all the trendier better looking lads chat her up but still hoping she’s going to fuck themmoff for you.

I like your metaphor, but in this case Witsel chose the ugly old fag with deep pockets. The lesson is: "If you're ugly, you better be rich."

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wouldn’t be against having an entirely new back 4. 

We’re not signing Mina though. 

I’d keep Coleman but we defo need 2 cb and it looks like Digne is all but done. Hopefully the shambles of a pre season will kick the board up the arse to get 2 in.

2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I’d keep Coleman but we defo need 2 cb and it looks like Digne is all but done. Hopefully the shambles of a pre season will kick the board up the arse to get 2 in.

I’d be replacing him as well, but I’ve thought and wanted that for years. I wanted Trippier for that when he was still with Burnley. Heart of a lion but, imo, Coleman isn’t good enough. 

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’d be replacing him as well, but I’ve thought and wanted that for years. I wanted Trippier for that when he was still with Burnley. Heart of a lion but, imo, Coleman isn’t good enough. 

Really? That does surprise me- I think he’s a good attacking full back which is what Silva likes to use but admittedly, I’d have Trippier over him but that ships well sailed. One things for sure, not signing at least one centre back will be as criminal as not replacing Lukaku was. Something needs to be done as the beating we’re taking wont be doing their confidence any good.

12 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Really? That does surprise me- I think he’s a good attacking full back which is what Silva likes to use but admittedly, I’d have Trippier over him but that ships well sailed. One things for sure, not signing at least one centre back will be as criminal as not replacing Lukaku was. Something needs to be done as the beating we’re taking wont be doing their confidence any good.

Obviously we’ve got no chance of getting of Trippier, I wasn’t suggesting we could do that. Just using him as an example to show that it’s not a recent thing of me wanting Coleman replaced. I’ve never been as enamoured with him as most are. He’s a good attacking full-back, as you say, but he’s not great. I think it’s because of his poor crossing, it pisses me off and always has done. I wish we’d cashed in on him when the hype was around him.

It doesn’t help that he’s lost a bit of pace since his terrible injury. 

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Obviously we’ve got no chance of getting of Trippier, I wasn’t suggesting we could do that. Just using him as an example to show that it’s not a recent thing of me wanting Coleman replaced. I’ve never been as enamoured with him as most are. He’s a good attacking full-back, as you say, but he’s not great. I think it’s because of his poor crossing, it pisses me off and always has done. I wish we’d cashed in on him when the hype was around him.

It doesn’t help that he’s lost a bit of pace since his terrible injury. 

No I know you wasn’t suggesting get Trippier I was just agreeing that if itbwas a choice of the 2 I would have him. Colemans injury was a shame but to his credit he’s come back strong and he gives his all for the shirt. I’m hoping he can flourish under Silvas system but it looks like he’ll be going with the same one we’ve played for 6 seasons.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Read a few bits saying he’s really slow (pace and decision making)... was impressed with him at the World Cup and didn’t notice this but it would put me off the idea if true.

I was trying to find some videos to see how quick he was but couldnt really find anything. He seems adept at sticking a long lanky leg into a tackle and coming out with the ball but Im not sure how well that would translate to a more physical and aggressive league.