IGNORED

Yerry Mina

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Let’s go for Maguire probably the better player for the PL. 

Not for £65mill though as the press were reporting.

Always liked Maguire. I remember when we played Hull, he stood out for me. Mentioned it in the game thread on here. Always been impressed with how he charges forward with the ball.

22 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Not for £65mill though as the press were reporting.

Always liked Maguire. I remember when we played Hull, he stood out for me. Mentioned it in the game thread on here. Always been impressed with how he charges forward with the ball.

Didn’t realise they were looking at that sort of money, makes you wonder what is Stones value now. 

14:00

sky reports....  

VILLA ENTER MINA RACE?

Aston Villa have made a surprise offer for Barcelona defender Yerry Mina, reports TMW.

The Sky Bet Championship side have offered Barcelona an initial fee of €10m and €10m in add-ons.

However, Barca are seeking a fee of €40m for the Colombia international, who is also a firm target for Manchester United and Everton. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10296718

Digne is telling him to come. That'll work.

In one way, I can't blame him for exploring his options and looking for the best move.

He's moving from Barcelona, which would be hard enough on its own, but the fact he's only been there since January and having to move again would probably mean he wants his next move to be right so he can settle.

On another hand...his Uncle is just bring a typical agent and playing the field. Supposed to have deals sorted with 3 clubs? Behave.

11 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Digne is telling him to come. That'll work.

In one way, I can't blame him for exploring his options and looking for the best move.

He's moving from Barcelona, which would be hard enough on its own, but the fact he's only been there since January and having to move again would probably mean he wants his next move to be right so he can settle.

On another hand...his Uncle is just bring a typical agent and playing the field. Supposed to have deals sorted with 3 clubs? Behave.

If he signs for United he’s a fool because he may as well stay at Barca as he’ll sit on Uniteds bench as well.

Having watched a few clips of him he looks a bit of a donkey - admittedy anyone can make clips to make a player look good or bad but some of the defending I’ve watched him do has seen him flat on his arse dazed and confused by the attacker.

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t get all these shouts about Mina playing us for a move to a bigger club, as far as I’m aware we have not had a bid accepted by Barcelona so the lad has not had any decisions to make 

This is a strange one...his Uncle/Agent is saying he has agreed terms with 3 clubs, now it's just down to which club agrees terms with Barcelona.

If this is true, like Paddock says above, walk away. We'll end up getting our pants pulled down for fees etc.

19 minutes ago, Paddock said:

If this is true ot pleases me no end. We need to learn our lesson from being  fucked about in the past.

Definitely learnt our lesson this time, we've not let ourselves be strung along at all. We've walked away early this time to give us ample time to go after another target... :lol: 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t get all these shouts about Mina playing us for a move to a bigger club, as far as I’m aware we have not had a bid accepted by Barcelona so the lad has not had any decisions to make 

This is what I think as well to an extent. From what I understand both us and Lyon have the highest bids on the table but Barca still want more than we are offering. Utd have offered less. I suspect Barca have allowed Mina to speak to some or all of the clubs in anticipation that they both need him to leave and they expect to come to an agreement with one of the clubs.

The lad may have been given possible choices but until an offer is accepted it means sweet FA.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Definitely learnt our lesson this time, we've not let ourselves be strung along at all. We've walked away early this time to give us ample time to go after another target... :lol: 

We will buy a new centre half though this window- it wont be a repeat of Giroud at least.

It's a cluster fuck of social media information this one 

Depending on who you believe us along with United and Lyon have had bids accepted and terms agreed others saying just bids accepted others saying Barca want more

His uncle/agent saying the above then saying afterwards he wishes to speak with us.... 

With the lack of movement for a CB which we clearly need it does seem this one is what we are holding out for I just hope we have a solid back up plan if it goes tits up