IGNORED

Lucas Digne

I just watched his interview and I’m impressed. He speaks good English already and his appreciation of silva and the Premier league is palpable. Also he mentions that  Everton reached out 2 months ago to his agent regarding the transfer so we’re not leaving it late and apparently it’s just taking some time to work things out

3 hours ago, Haiku said:

This lad is quality. I think he is happy to join us for this reason: He's sick and tired of Top clubs. Being a PSG and then Barcelona player comes with huge expectations and pressure. He's now looking to ease things with us and he's getting the same contract if not better.

Possibly a backwards compliment. 

4 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Happy about this. Will be curious to see how Baines is used, but at least we all know he’ll be a consummate professional.

Baines could end up leaving there as been talk of clubs interested in him Newcastle was one, he may believe and quite rightly that he has still a lot to offer and is not prepared to play second fiddle and ask for a move. 

11 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

I can't see it Palfy he'll know better than us his legs aren't upto it for full season and many manager's now want pace and stamina 

If he left he'd likely end up not featuring as much as he'd like anyway it's a long slog 

The problem is, he's in last year of his contract and is 33 and a half. Financially wise, it is better for him to move if there's suitable club. One last 2-years contract with signing on fee bonus. Chances are very slim that he will get a good offer next summer if he sees out his contract with us.

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

He has 'I Never Walk Alone' across his chest in French.

You can imagine what the Redshite are saying...

I'll be honest I've never heard that odious bunch of final bottling bellends have so much to say about us....

They never used to say fuck all when we were buying Kevin kilbane and loaning Jo and co. 

It will be pointless if Baines goes this window. Firstly lets not just accept that Digne will stroll into the first team. He needs to adapt to the league and Silva's tactics. We also dont know how his pre-season has gone and whether he is sharp enough. My guess is that Baines will start the season and then Digne will be gradually introduced. 

39 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

Perfect addition on the paper, I hope it turns out a good one on the pitch too.

Funny thing, in my Everton career save in FIFA 18 (where I play as Cenk, lol) he's been signed by Everton and plays perfectly.

It's a sign, it's a siiiiiiiiiiign.

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Baines could end up leaving there as been talk of clubs interested in him Newcastle was one, he may believe and quite rightly that he has still a lot to offer and is not prepared to play second fiddle and ask for a move. 

He won't do that. Not everyone is driven by making the most money possible. He's earned enough to live comfortably and to enjoy his music and other hobbies. He's earned a great reputation here, and I'm sure he'll want to remain a Blue to the end of his career. Good luck to the man, whatever he chooses, because he's earned our respect.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

He won't do that. Not everyone is driven by making the most money possible. He's earned enough to live comfortably and to enjoy his music and other hobbies. He's earned a great reputation here, and I'm sure he'll want to remain a Blue to the end of his career. Good luck to the man, whatever he chooses, because he's earned our respect.

Baines won’t go this season.

Silva has stated the need for competion for places, LB is finally a position of real strength in depth for our club again this season.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not everyone is driven by money some people as Baines are honest hard working footballers, if he still believes he has a couple of good years in him and wants to for fill them he won’t want to be 2nd choice or a bench warmer. 

And that’s based more on his own well being not many footballers want to be told when it’s time to be put out to graze they like to decide that for themselves , you make him sound like a geriatric who’s going to sit in his rocking chair with a blanket round him listening to music piped down his ears to keep him quiet.