Sign in to follow this  
aaron

Lucas Digne

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Glad to finally have it done. Who knows, in a week we might, just might, be looking one more signing! :lol: 

The type of signing we need to be making, I'm very pleased with this. He's a bit of a handsome chap too :P 

Dreadful taste in trainers though

I just watched his interview and I’m impressed. He speaks good English already and his appreciation of silva and the Premier league is palpable. Also he mentions that  Everton reached out 2 months ago to his agent regarding the transfer so we’re not leaving it late and apparently it’s just taking some time to work things out

3 hours ago, Haiku said:

This lad is quality. I think he is happy to join us for this reason: He's sick and tired of Top clubs. Being a PSG and then Barcelona player comes with huge expectations and pressure. He's now looking to ease things with us and he's getting the same contract if not better.

Possibly a backwards compliment. 

4 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Happy about this. Will be curious to see how Baines is used, but at least we all know he’ll be a consummate professional.

Baines could end up leaving there as been talk of clubs interested in him Newcastle was one, he may believe and quite rightly that he has still a lot to offer and is not prepared to play second fiddle and ask for a move. 

11 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

I can't see it Palfy he'll know better than us his legs aren't upto it for full season and many manager's now want pace and stamina 

If he left he'd likely end up not featuring as much as he'd like anyway it's a long slog 

The problem is, he's in last year of his contract and is 33 and a half. Financially wise, it is better for him to move if there's suitable club. One last 2-years contract with signing on fee bonus. Chances are very slim that he will get a good offer next summer if he sees out his contract with us.

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

He has 'I Never Walk Alone' across his chest in French.

You can imagine what the Redshite are saying...

I'll be honest I've never heard that odious bunch of final bottling bellends have so much to say about us....

They never used to say fuck all when we were buying Kevin kilbane and loaning Jo and co. 

12 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I'll be honest I've never heard that odious bunch of final bottling bellends have so much to say about us....

They never used to say fuck all when we were buying Kevin kilbane and loaning Jo and co. 

Too true pal, too true.

It will be pointless if Baines goes this window. Firstly lets not just accept that Digne will stroll into the first team. He needs to adapt to the league and Silva's tactics. We also dont know how his pre-season has gone and whether he is sharp enough. My guess is that Baines will start the season and then Digne will be gradually introduced. 

Perfect addition on the paper, I hope it turns out a good one on the pitch too.

Funny thing, in my Everton career save in FIFA 18 (where I play as Cenk, lol) he's been signed by Everton and plays perfectly.

39 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

Perfect addition on the paper, I hope it turns out a good one on the pitch too.

Funny thing, in my Everton career save in FIFA 18 (where I play as Cenk, lol) he's been signed by Everton and plays perfectly.

It's a sign, it's a siiiiiiiiiiign.

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Baines could end up leaving there as been talk of clubs interested in him Newcastle was one, he may believe and quite rightly that he has still a lot to offer and is not prepared to play second fiddle and ask for a move. 

He won't do that. Not everyone is driven by making the most money possible. He's earned enough to live comfortably and to enjoy his music and other hobbies. He's earned a great reputation here, and I'm sure he'll want to remain a Blue to the end of his career. Good luck to the man, whatever he chooses, because he's earned our respect.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

He won't do that. Not everyone is driven by making the most money possible. He's earned enough to live comfortably and to enjoy his music and other hobbies. He's earned a great reputation here, and I'm sure he'll want to remain a Blue to the end of his career. Good luck to the man, whatever he chooses, because he's earned our respect.

Baines won’t go this season.

Silva has stated the need for competion for places, LB is finally a position of real strength in depth for our club again this season.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not everyone is driven by money some people as Baines are honest hard working footballers, if he still believes he has a couple of good years in him and wants to for fill them he won’t want to be 2nd choice or a bench warmer. 

And that’s based more on his own well being not many footballers want to be told when it’s time to be put out to graze they like to decide that for themselves , you make him sound like a geriatric who’s going to sit in his rocking chair with a blanket round him listening to music piped down his ears to keep him quiet. 

And this lad is proving why you should not put too much emphasis on what you read on Twitter etc.

Remember a couple of weeks ago, it was thought that he was hanging out for better offers from 'bigger' clubs? You can read the ensuing fuss on here.

Silva says today that he was interested from day one. Digne is making similiar noises. We originally made contact 2 months ago.

Digne certainly knows how to win us over!

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

And this lad is proving why you should not put too much emphasis on what you read on Twitter etc.

Remember a couple of weeks ago, it was thought that he was hanging out for better offers from 'bigger' clubs? You can read the ensuing fuss on here.

Silva says today that he was interested from day one. Digne is making similiar noises. We originally made contact 2 months ago.

Digne certainly knows how to win us over!

I think people posting that were getting him and Mina confused tbh mate.

6 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I think people posting that were getting him and Mina confused tbh mate.

More the press were watching the Mina sag u fold and putting two and two together.... and we all know what answer they come up with.

4 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Maybe. We'll never know!!!

really don't care too much now, or then really,  I am old enough and ugly enough to make up my own mind.  ( all I want is for us to have a great start to the season and, go for it Digne (and score a good goal and break some attackers hearts))

7 hours ago, StevO said:

Maybe he really was waiting for a bigger club, but knows better than to go into his first press conference and admit it? Maybe. 

NO WAY! Don’t spoil our rainbow dream!

Digne loves Everton and has waited his whole life to join us. His dream has finally came true. 

That Tattoo is an ancient Druidic language saying, Chosen! Once a blue, always a blue!

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He’s always been poor at stopping crosses coming in, it drives me insane. And now that he runs like he’s got lead boots on players can now walk past him. 

His pace used to make up for this, but now that's gone. A great player for us but his time as a starter are over. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

As bad as he was today he did well against Wolves and Southampton. That said I hope to see a great game from Digne on Wednesday and make the place his own. 

Thing is Coleman was terrible as well, he still has pace (although less after the injury) I think taking the armband from him hurt him.

37 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Thing is Coleman was terrible as well, he still has pace (although less after the injury) I think taking the armband from him hurt him.

I don’t think Seamus is the kind of guy to be affected by that personally. 

48 minutes ago, StevO said:

As bad as he was today he did well against Wolves and Southampton. That said I hope to see a great game from Digne on Wednesday and make the place his own. 

Spot on. People are quick to write off Baines as he has been great in the previous 2 matches. That being said Digne is the future and I hope he can come in and win that spot from him.

58 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Spot on. People are quick to write off Baines as he has been great in the previous 2 matches. That being said Digne is the future and I hope he can come in and win that spot from him.

As long as he wins it by performing better than Baines I think everyone will be happy. 

17 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Baines may have started off ok but he hasn’t got the legs to be a mauranding left back any more. Digne needs to come in permanently 

Should've been subbed after the 2nd goal. Fresh legs would have helped us retain the ball more.