Sign in to follow this  
Bailey

ATV Irdning (Pre-Season - Game 1)

5 minutes ago, Haiku said:

What is the point of this match? 21-0 already

It’s just more training. I dont think anyone expected the opposition to be this bad.

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s just more training. I dont think anyone expected the opposition to be this bad.

They're just a regional side (and not a very good one) with a "stadium" that holds 750 so we shouldn't have expected much.

Good to see everyone got a game, ten changes at half time only one who stayed on for the second half was Dowell, must have made an impression on Silva.

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Miserable bastard.

Not really. It sounds like it would’ve been more worthwhile playing our own u23s. I genuinely don’t see what the point of the game was 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Not really. It sounds like it would’ve been more worthwhile playing our own u23s. I genuinely don’t see what the point of the game was 

Some match fitness and an easy game to start working on the system. I expect they just thought they might as well have a game at the end of the training camp rather than come home and arrange one. 

11 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

is it possible to see the highlights? probably 20 min. long, looking at the score.

Everton uploaded all the goals on YouTube but not much in terms of build up play.

All of them seem to be their keepers poor distribution initiating a final third counter attack!

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Everton uploaded all the goals on YouTube but not much in terms of build up play.

All of them seem to be their keepers poor distribution initiating a final third counter attack!

We’ve played part timers many times, just an abnormal score that’s all. It served the purpose it was supposed to. 

Pretty sure the manager, players and staff aren’t getting carried away, as it was meant as a run out for the players while facing competitive tackles etc.

Just a gentle get together for all players.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

There's always a point to these things Matthew.

Miserable bastard.