IGNORED

Bury (Pre Season Friendly)

Newty82

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Everytime he touches the ball he either falls over or gives it away. His body language says he looks defeated to me.

On a positive his crossing seems good.

How could his crossing be good if he’s already fell over or given the ball away? ;) 

Personally think he’s looked very bright and his link-up with Kenny has been lovely. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Klaassen makes some quality runs off the ball. He just needs to not panic so much when it comes to the final ball. 

Up until the 80th minute or so I was thinking where was he as he doesn't get involved enough and then in those last few minutes he has popped up in some great positions and caused problems, even if his final ball should have been better. I really don't get him.

Who is this Mirralas? H looks good.

Klaassen, makes some very good runs, just a bit rusty with his final ball.

Sandro is lively, he just has no composure... at all. Can’t see him making it in the premier league.

Niasse again makes people look stupid.

Not a bad match at all. Some good stuff out there. Good for the manager to see where he needs to spend as well.

edit: Besic. Very tidy and some nice balls through the park.

Can't really the effort. Poor finishing up front and falling asleep a little at the back cost us.

In that second half, much like the first, I thought quite a few players showed that they have something there to be a part of this squad. Niasse being the obvious won who could have easily had a hat-trick.

Klaassen was the quietest bar those last few minutes and Pennington just doesn't look like a good enough defender for the top flight in my opinion (slow, not dominant in the air, pinned quite easily) but Robinson showed flashes down the left flank and Connolly was tenacious alongside Besic in the middle. Vlasic did OK, but he is best centrally which will make the contest between him, Dowell and Siggy interesting as the season goes on.

No Lookman or Bolasie which is intriguing, I hope the former is being saved for the weekend along with Holgate and that Bolasie is off soon.

As a team I thought we look composed, we played with lots of width and we played with some tempo. The quality wasnt always there and I would like to see us play with one sitting DM and two box to box type players, or with 2 DMs as we did in the second half as I thought the first half mosh didnt quite work but there was plenty to like about how we went about things.

4 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Technically he is fucking awful, but he does cause mayhem and you cant fault his determination.

Still don't want him anywhere near our team.

I didn’t get to see the game in the end, but if he’s shit and scoring goals id have him coming off the bench every game. 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

I didn’t get to see the game in the end, but if he’s shit and scoring goals id have him coming off the bench every game. 

This is the thing. For whatever we sell him for, to replace him with someone who is an out and out goal throat is going to cost us atleast 10mil, probably a 20-25 million player. Are they going to be as contempt doing his role and giving the effort he gives, works the way he does when he comes on? 

42 minutes ago, Btay said:

This is the thing. For whatever we sell him for, to replace him with someone who is an out and out goal throat is going to cost us atleast 10mil, probably a 20-25 million player. Are they going to be as contempt doing his role and giving the effort he gives, works the way he does when he comes on? 

But if Cenk is injured or out of form for any length of time is Niasse a good enough replacement?

In my opinion no.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

But if Cenk is injured or out of form for any length of time is Niasse a good enough replacement?

In my opinion no.

This is the million dollar question. Today you could argue he did a better job the Cenk but IMO thats because the averageness of the opposition suits him. 

Maybe DCL and him in tandem could do it (ie DCL starts and puts in the hard yards and Niasse comes on to finish them off). I'm not sure thats an ideal situation though.

Does anyone know if DCL is still injured as I havent seen him involved?

26 minutes ago, London Blue said:

In my opinion no.

I see Niasse as the third striker. DCL is more complete as a player and I’d have him play the 60-70 then still bring a Niasse on. I’m just not sure if DCL is good enough or if we hung him out to dry last year.