IGNORED

Elephant in the room

35 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Do we say he had nothing to do with anything good ut slate him for not improving us when he wasn’t allowed any say in anything. Ok Matt 👍👍

There was no good so far as I saw and I only saw deterioration in our game play, so no idea what you’re on about. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

There was no good so far as I saw and I only saw deterioration in our game play, so no idea what you’re on about. 

Matt, don’t be a smart arse you know exactly what I’m on about. It wouldn’t of mattered who managed us after Koeman last season NO good would have come of it. We were in a bad state and nothing would have rectified it. It was horrendous have that joke near our club but lets not blame him for things he wasn’t to blame for

The elephant in the room is that Keane and Schneidertwat are fucking shit but have next to no resale value and clubs won’t pay them the ridiculous salaries they are earn at Everton so we are stuck with them.

They are complete and utter dross.

Well yes actually you did say your opinion was fact.... it’s black and white up above. 

You said he saved us from relegation fact.... err it’s not actually a fact at all Pad.

As for the youngsters who weren’t getting a chance... which  is what I said, Benni, Holgate, Vlasic......

And I’m an Everton fan Pad, if Sam would have won a cup I would have celebrated. Doesn’t mean I have to like the guy.

Read the posts and stop ignoring anything that goes against your reasoning. There are plenty just above that hav have you reasons about Walcott and Cenk, but as usual you ignore anything that doesn’t go along with you.

Pad I told myself a long time ago I wouldn’t get into discussions with you as you can’t have one. I failed, in weak like that. But honestly I give up with you! Same old same old! Turn everything into an argument you absolute plum! Now fuck off and don’t reply to any of my posts..... PLEASE!

Sorry if that gains me a ban, but the plum can’t speak to anyone that doesn’t agree with him without starting to insult. Starts with the rolling of the eyes and always turns out the same. Miserable, stubborn, and always always the same.

Shame on me.

5 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Matt, don’t be a smart arse you know exactly what I’m on about. It wouldn’t of mattered who managed us after Koeman last season NO good would have come of it. We were in a bad state and nothing would have rectified it. It was horrendous have that joke near our club but lets not blame him for things he wasn’t to blame for

I honestly have no idea what you’re on about. All I’ve maintained is that the majority of damage he has done is yet to be realised. 

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Well yes actually you did say your opinion was fact.... it’s black and white up above. 

You said he saved us from relegation fact.... err it’s not actually a fact at all Pad.

As for the youngsters who weren’t getting a chance... which  is what I said, Benni, Holgate, Vlasic......

And I’m an Everton fan Pad, if Sam would have won a cup I would have celebrated. Doesn’t mean I have to like the guy.

Read the posts and stop ignoring anything that goes against your reasoning. There are plenty just above that hav have you reasons about Walcott and Cenk, but as usual you ignore anything that doesn’t go along with you.

Pad I told myself a long time ago I wouldn’t get into discussions with you as you can’t have one. I failed, in weak like that. But honestly I give up with you! Same old same old! Turn everything into an argument you absolute plum! Now fuck off and don’t reply to any of my posts..... PLEASE!

Sorry if that gains me a ban, but the plum can’t speak to anyone that doesn’t agree with him without starting to insult. Starts with the rolling of the eyes and always turns out the same. Miserable, stubborn, and always always the same.

Shame on me.

Shukes you’re like trying to discuss with a village idiot you’re a fucking fool. Put me on ignore if you don’t want to read what I post. I deliberately ignore your shite most of the time because you can’t grasp simple logic. None of the young players were playing before Allardyce but it’s his fault, Martinez finished 11th now we’re looked at like a mid table team because of Allardyce. You keep talking to yourself in the mirror.

Early days, but watching that we still have some real gaping holes at the back. 

Defence: it’s so slow. Any ball played behind us and we’re in trouble.

Midfield: we work very hard, but still miss that creative player. We can create by passing until eventually we see an opening, but we don’t seem to be able to make that opening.we don’t have a player that can cut a defence open.

Forwards: Richarlison... wow! Ok it’s a game and a half, but if that’s what we’re in store for. But we need support up there. 

As for the backroom. We are trying to get the right players in, but are we attractive enough? Players like Mina are CL players, will they come here?

We still have a long haul ahead of us.

10 hours ago, Matt said:

I can’t understand how you don’t see how his negative and undermining mentality won’t have effected players and staff :) his approach, tactics, etc. have to be coached out of people which takes time. 

I already said he had nothing to do with the transfers, twice now, so don’t know why you’re continuing to bring that up. As for steadying the sinking ship, you already know how I feel about that. 

I don’t think it’s affected the players at all, they were shite spineless bastards before he came, they were shite spineless bastards while he was here and they are still shite spineless bastards now he has gone 

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t think it’s affected the players at all, they were shite spineless bastards before he came, they were shite spineless bastards while he was here and they are still shite spineless bastards now he has gone 

Bingo!!!

Nothing has changed, he kept us up- that’s it but he’s certainly not made us any worse- could we be any fucking worse. Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce and now Silva- same gutless spineless half arsed performances by players on triple figure salaries who aren’t in the slightest bit arsed and the ones that are are way past their best.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

One last time... we’ve not yet seen the damage he’s done. That means future tense and future developments will tell if that’s the case or not. 

And also one last time- you can’t blame future disasters on someone who has had zero input into building a squad ( if we’re going with your theory he had nothing to do with the 2 signings) he never bought Klaasen, Keane, Sandro, Martina, Siguardson Schneiderlin he was just given 6 months to get to 40 points. If Silva fails with these players that is the 4th manager to fail to get a tune out of them but it’s Allardyce who caused all the damage? Seriously Matt- I had you down as more intelligent than to truly believe that.

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Where did I say all the damage? I had you down as someone who read posts. 

Ok- any damage then. You’ve stated (or agreed) he would have nothing to do with team building or the board would be crazy to let him be involved yet you seem to think inside 6 months he’s caused this major damage that’s yet to surface. The damage was long done Matt- all’s he done was tred water with what he had- Silva will be responsible now for having them playing different but looking at the early games it seems like he too is going with 2 cdms when the last 3 before him have had zero results from it. That tells me that’s the only way he thinks this team can play so nothings really changed dynamics wise since Martinez. Everyone saying every team Allardyce has left have sunk when he’s left which is true but he was given license to buy a load of over proced average players on big wages- Koeman and Walsh already done that for him. The seeds were well and truly sown.

Well, that opens up a whole other point of discussion, but I’m supposed to be on a romantic weekend with the missus (who’s long since fell asleep) and I’m too tired to go into that other topic. 

Goodnight gents. It was... frustrating :) 

My two pennies worth 

We were a sinking ship staring relegation in the face, some people choose to bury their heads in the sand and try to deny it, but each to their own

Allardyce was never part of Moshiri’s vision, he was appointed as a stop gap with the remit of “saving us from relegation “

we kick off the new season with an opening fixture in the Premiership away to Wolves , so he achieved his aim and that is 100% fact

The only debatable bit is whether or not you are daft enough to believe we were never in trouble in the first place

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

My two pennies worth 

We were a sinking ship staring relegation in the face, some people choose to bury their heads in the sand and try to deny it, but each to their own

Allardyce was never part of Moshiri’s vision, he was appointed as a stop gap with the remit of “saving us from relegation “

we kick off the new season with an opening fixture in the Premiership away to Wolves , so he achieved his aim and that is 100% fact

The only debatable bit is whether or not you are daft enough to believe we were never in trouble in the first place

Yep- that is exactly how I see it, and blaming Allardyce for the woes and tribulations that are going to follow is in my opinion ( note I said my opinion here for clarity as it seems that’s what I have to do when I’m discussing something) absolutely ludicrous. He was effectively a caretaker manager for 6 months and he kept us up. I was delighted when he was relieved of his duties but I was always fully aware that with a world cup happening we were still in massive trouble thanks to Koeman and Walsh- they sold Lukaku and pissed the money up the wall on shit players paying them massive wages- Sandro on 120 a week allegedly, Klaasen the same, Keanes probably on close to 100 so it’s not just the fees it’s the huge wage bill. We are in a right mess.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Early days, but watching that we still have some real gaping holes at the back. 

Defence: it’s so slow. Any ball played behind us and we’re in trouble.

Midfield: we work very hard, but still miss that creative player. We can create by passing until eventually we see an opening, but we don’t seem to be able to make that opening.we don’t have a player that can cut a defence open.

Forwards: Richarlison... wow! Ok it’s a game and a half, but if that’s what we’re in store for. But we need support up there. 

As for the backroom. We are trying to get the right players in, but are we attractive enough? Players like Mina are CL players, will they come here?

We still have a long haul ahead of us.

I mentioned this before Silva came that so many of these players aren't what we need. Too slow, too immobile, not the smartest bunch and not very good in 1 v 1 situations. I dont like the team with two DMs either as they strangle each other. Siggy barely got involved from 10 tonight but I am not sure he would hack it from deeper.

The only defender that has any pace is Holgate and lets face it, he isn'tt the brightest spark.

Besic and Gana just aren't smart midfielders, Schneiderlin isn'tt going to cover the ground and then he starts panicking and makes mistakes, Siggy is another slow player who doesn't add a great deal from open play (or set play for that matter). Everyone likes to knock Davies but he is at a different level to these lot, albeit another snail.  Not only are these guys slow (bar Gana) but they are also weak. Keane is a big guy but he is a pussy.

Out wide and upfront we have possibilities and options, especially now with Richarlison but if we aren't dominating games and giving these guys the service they desire, then they aren't going to do a jot.

In terms of attractiveness, yes maybe the Mina's of this world that play for one of the best sides in the league is a stretch but there are plenty of other players across the leagues that would love to come here and they would raise the level we need. The likes of Ake and Zouma are streets ahead of what we have. People took the piss out of Mooy but he is so many levels above our fraudsters its unreal. Herrera only has a year left at Utd (I think) and then you have your more powerful players like Doucoure and Loftus-Cheek. The Swiss lad we are allegedly looking at seems to be a good fit however I have seen him play and I am only going off of what I have read about him.

In another thread I said that central midfield should be our biggest priority and I completely stand by that, the only thing is that now I think it might be two midfielders instead of one! Shortly followed by CB's where we might also need two instead of one as well!

11 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

My two pennies worth 

The only debatable part is whether you were capable of doing basic maths 1/3rd of the way through the season. Not a matter of burying heads in sand, it was a matter of looking at 25 games and a transfer window to go. Simply because of that, we were never in a relegation fight at the time he was appointed. Then the added fact that there were multiple teams who were even worse than us (which says something, because we were shit). He came in and continued with shit results and even worse football than we had been playing. I  said at the time I’d panic in February, because there would be less points to play for and if the football was still as bad, then we would be in a relegation fight and that’s when I really did start getting nervous, because results didn’t improve much/if any and the football got worse by the game. 

Look, I said before the end of August that we’d fucked ourselves because of the amount of transfers, Koeman wasn’t remotely capable of dealing with the man management part and Walsh was out of his depth and comfort zone with the DoF roll. We should’ve kept Walsh on to be head scout working under Brands and gotten the best out of him, but oh well. 

My argument for the last manager causing so much trouble is the mental aspect, which is too easily dismissed by some. Hopefully I’m wrong, but there are already signs of his negativity causing issues. I’m just hoping Silva is as good as so many make out, because he’s got a lot of shit to untangle and I’m not convinced by him either. 

Edit. No idea why the phone changed the font size there, very strange. 

Also, apologies if I got a bit rowdy yesterday, it’s been bloody hot on the continent and it takes it toll!

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Definitely he’s a box to box midfielder with ability vision and a great finish, which is something we don’t have in our squad. 

Like their lad yesterday.

3 assists 1 goal.

He was a constant threat and opened us up so easily by playing simple balls into spaces.

Hiring Sam spoke more about ambition than practicality. That’s why we are spoken about as either relegation fodder or mediocrity. 

Players like Davies, Holgate and Benni, has good runs in the team, but disappeared when Sam took the reigns. Along with DCL who was public ally shamed by the man. Of course all of that could be my imagination haha.

We have a lot of rebuilding to do. Not just new players but building the players we have back up. It would be naive to think these lot have just turned into championship level players ability wise.... it has a lot to do with morale and confidence.

We need a lot of new players, but the realism is that we may get a couple at most. So the manager has to trust in his ability to lift what we have and get the best from them.

I hope we’re looking for a fast energetic and hungry midfielder, one that has an eye for creating chances. 

I still wonder about Nzonzi or is he off the radar now? I dont know enough about Europe to know if there are younger hungrier versions about.