IGNORED

Lille

Romey 1878

Wonder if he will make many subs with there being a game tomorrow.

Excited to see Sigurdsson back to see if he can improve this season with a new manager. 

As for the team sheet I'm hopeful to see Klaassen step up to the mark, Sandro also has a lot to improve on. I'm also looking forward to see Connolly get some more game time, I liked the look of him. 

I honestly can't see Klaassen and Sandro staying here much longer. Maybe even Besic. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Hilton?

Goalie according to the Everton website. 

"A towering goalkeeper, Hilton joined the Academy from Manchester City in 2016. 

Having impressed for both the Under-18s and Under-23 sides, Hilton's progress was rewarded as he signed a new one-year deal with the Blues in July 2018.

Contracted until: June 2019"

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I've paid to watch this game on EvertonTV...how do I actually watch it? Currently on a screen counting down to KO...just wait?

My lad has paid to watch it but according to him you need a password from the club that he's not received, he's emailed tech support but no reply; he's not alone according to Twatter.

Second hand info that, personally I'm preloading booze in the hotel before I go out clubbing to bed.

25 in...Klassen just had one disallowed, wrongly, for offside after a good Besic shot.

Besic and Klassen looking good so far. Robinson promising on the attack but his touch is off. Sandro full of beans. Niasse very marmite as always. Vlasic linking up well in several areas.

Nothing special going on.

Some decent performances...

Besic looks smart in his deep role. Playing some tidy passes and being good old Mo in the tackle.

Klassen showing he has something. Real nice through ball passes from him. There's something about him that says keep him!

These 2 stand out.

Sandro full of running. Always looking for space and tracking back too. Should have scored when put through by a pearler of a pass from Besic but hit the post.

Nobody is having a poor game...Robinson maybe the most off with his touch and passing but always looking to get forward and has defended well.

I'm more interested in the teams style of play. We are playing out from the back but not just passing along the backline endlessly. It seems like the first look is to move forward, if nothing is on, then go to the side. But seems like we are keen to move forward as quickly as possible. Some nice tidy one two's around the pitch. It looks pretty nice without being mind blowing...but then it is pre season.

Robinson looked good in the 2 USMNT games I saw him in last month (his only 2 caps), plenty of pace, a willingness t go forward and put balls in the box, and a good defender. That being said, this is his first time in a game with the senior team, I'd think nerves or over eagerness is somewhat expected. Best competition he has faced by far, but invaluable for his growth. I so want this kid to succeed. USMNT and Everton - and a LB to boot. He needs game time

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Finished 0-0...Goes to penalties for some reason.

Lille beat Porto 2-1 yesterday yet penalties took place. As there are only three teams playing two games each in the tournament, there is a good chance that there will be a tie when the competition is over. 

Therefore, awarding points for penalties gives a better chance of the cup having an overall winner.

Besic bossed that game. Looked brill tonight.

We were more scruffy in that 2nd half, more loose passes and tiring legs.

An ok performance, other than Besic and then Klassen, who both stood out, I'd say everyone did fine without really jumping out at you.