IGNORED

Porto

MikeO

Just now, Aidan said:

My guess from that line up is that he seems to rate Dowell, and that maybe he's not sure on Sandro yet. 

Or he is possibly being put into the shop window? 

So he plays Dowell because he rates him, but he plays Sandro because he's not sure about him... It's more likely that he's playing the pair of them for the same reason, whichever that might be, Aidan.

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

So he plays Dowell because he rates him, but he plays Sandro because he's not sure about him... It's more likely that he's playing the pair of them for the same reason, whichever that might be, Aidan.

Not if you take into account  the fact that Sandro started the previous game, Romey. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

And Dowell started our first pre-season game. So I'd say he's not sure about either one, and a lot of our other players too.

Sandro must have played the most minutes out of everyone this pre-season, and its safe to say that he surly isn'tt considered a starting player against Wolves on the opening day.

Silva is either deciding if he is good enough, or putting him in the shop window. 

Probably started Dowell as he is our only natural CAM other that Siggy, who isn'tt starting due to the World cup games he played. He tried Vlasic in there and he didn't seem to take his chance, and Klaassen must be out of the question now. 

18 minutes ago, Aidan said:

My guess from that line up is that he seems to rate Dowell, and that maybe he's not sure on Sandro yet. 

Or he is possibly being put into the shop window? 

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Not if you take into account  the fact that Sandro started the previous game, Romey. 

I'm surprised to see Sandro play again. I think your reasoning is off mind.

Let's see where Sandro starts. He could be trying him in different roles. He's certainly been given a unique opportunity by starting again, I don't think you'd do that if you didn't think a player was worth while.

Just now, Newty82 said:

I'm surprised to see Sandro play again. I think your reasoning is off mind.

Let's see where Sandro starts. He could be trying him in different roles. He's certainly been given a unique opportunity by starting again, I don't think you'd do that if you didn't think a player was worth while.

But you also wouldn't do it if you were content he was a starter. The reasoning may have positives and negatives. 

Wouldn't mind seeing him have a game in his natural position, but I think that may be unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Sandro must have played the most minutes out of everyone this pre-season, and its safe to say that he surly isn'ttt considered a starting player against Wolves on the opening day.

Silva is either deciding if he is good enough, or putting him in the shop window. 

Probably started Dowell as he is our only natural CAM other that Siggy, who isn'ttt starting due to the World cup games he played. He tried Vlasic in there and he didn't seem to take his chance, and Klaassen must be out of the question now. 

I would be pretty sure that he doesnt care about putting him in the shop window.

I think the answer is fairly simple. We have 3 wingers with injuries and both him and Mirallas are having plenty of opportunities to impress. When the others are fit I expect them to be starting more often.

13 minutes ago, Aidan said:

But you also wouldn't do it if you were content he was a starter. The reasoning may have positives and negatives. 

Wouldn't mind seeing him have a game in his natural position, but I think that may be unlikely. 

Yeah of course.

Only Silva really knows. We'll find out over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Enjoyable friendly this, being played like a proper game.

More positives for us as fans with how we look like we'll be playing under Silva. It certainly isn'tt going to be all out boring sideways passing. Again, like last night, we look to probe forward as a first option and only come back or sideways to find options and/or allow players to get that space. Some real nice passing movements and link ups again too.

Good to see that tracking back seems to be an important part of the game plan too.

Morgan looks more like his old self. Even tackling like a man!

Cenk is showing why Niasse is not a starter. The man is a me level above for sure.

Sandro revelling in his new opportunity. Playing brill and he's quite nifty on the set piece too.

And Dowell also looks tidy and not at all out of place in this game.

That was the best half of football I have watched for a long time.

Sandro has been lively. His control is excellent. 

Cenk, wow! This guy is such a player.

Mirralas.... again, who is he and where did he come from? Is he related to that lazy arrogant Kevin that played for us for a while? Because this guy looks fresh, sharp, energetic and dangerous.

our only quiet area is our midfield really. Dowell has had a few good touches and shots, but then really quiet. Davies, has been ok, but gave the ball away a few too many times. Morgan... not too bad.Y only worry is that they seem to win every header in our area.

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

And this because he got booted in the forehead. 

Ha yeah. Said it tongue in cheek because he's definitely struggled with physicality, but I really think there's a player in there.

Tosun has looked phenomenal and Dowell has had some good touches.

Jags and Keane definitely seems our best CB pairing right now; I don't think Keane and Holgate are mature enough to play together quite yet but here's to hoping they get there this season.