IGNORED

Rennes

Romey 1878

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

:lol: knew there'd be an excuse because he's well liked. He's been as shit as the rest of the back 4. 

Dont get me wrong, he has been bang average but I'm not sure what else he is meant to do in that situation. The ball was played from the right into Gana who was central. Coleman would have been supporting Sandro. 

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Depends on manager instructions though? Most the time when full backs push on, the CB's split and the DM sits in. Usually only one player is a true DM.

I remember when Schneiderlin first joined, that's exactly what we/he would do.

The whole point of DMs is to provide that cover. Gana was forward so it was Schneiderlin doing the job. Incidentally he was in the RB channel but if you get the chance look at his body position as he was completely square on. He was doing the job the manager asked of him without the competence of being able to do it.

21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The whole point of DMs is to provide that cover. Gana was forward so it was Schneiderlin doing the job. Incidentally he was in the RB channel but if you get the chance look at his body position as he was completely square on. He was doing the job the manager asked of him without the competence of being able to do it.

Ai, but what I'm saying is that only one of them is an actual sitting DM...Morgan...Gana tends to go forward too...so if both full backs go forward, as they do in every attack, then one DM can't cover both, so usually it's the CB's that split and the DM sits in between. 

That's how I like it anyway! Otherwise you gain no numerical attacking advantage when the full backs go forward if 2 mids have to sit back everytime.

Just now, Newty82 said:

Fuck me...been watching it for 20 odd minutes...we look so slow at the back from those 2 goals!!

It's not just at the back, it's everywhere, and that's why it's such a problem. They break on us and there is no one in our side that can get back to help us.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Pace gain. Fuckinghell.

I know it's 'only pre-season' but these defeats must be damaging.

They will be. Absolutely.

They'll start having an effect, especially as tonight is the near full first 11.

And fans will start too.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

It's not just at the back, it's everywhere, and that's why it's such a problem. They break on us and there is no one in our side that can get back to help us.

Schneiderlin seems to have gone back to his jog around best!

Wolves will absolutely dry bum us with that shower of shit defence 

We look terrible possibly the worst I can remember in pre season, we can't accommodate or play Morgan and Gana in the same side we need two new CB's and a LB a creative mid and a striker..... We best do some good business in the next week and a bit or on the face of it we are fucked 

Just now, EFC-Paul said:

We look terrible possibly the worst I can remember in pre season, we can't accommodate or play Morgan and Gana in the same side we need two new CB's and a LB a creative mid and a striker..... We best do some good business in the next well and a bit or on the face of it we are fucked 

Absolutely this. We have nothing in the middle of the park. Even more than the CBs (who are crap), we need a creative outlet who can bring the wingers into play or thread a ball through.

Hard to see why Stek, Jags, Keane, Schneiderlin, Gana, and Sandro are still Everton players.

Baines should be cover only as he was blowing out of his arse after about 60 mins, and I'm struggling to see what Sigurdssen actually does looks very pedestrian. 

Richarlison is gonna be thinking what the fuck has he let himself in for. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

How on earth has Coleman escaped any criticism for their goals? Both down his side of the pitch and he's absolutely nowhere to be seen :lol: 

We badly need to sign a central midfielder that will run forward with and without the ball, and can pass accurately. We've got fuck all in the middle of the pitch and it's killing us.

We already have one in Besic. I'd deffo play him before Schneiderlin.

46 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Sorry, Shukes, should've made myself clearer! I only meant shit in defensive terms, you'll always get a good attacking showing from him (apart from maybe his crossing).

No need to apologise mate, I agree with you. Great in their half but we were so open and exposed in ours. 

It seems we’re slow at the back, but draw a high line.... madness.

Just now, Bill said:

We already have one in Besic. I'd deffo play him before Schneiderlin.

What does he actually offer though Bill? He has a little bite to his game but bar that he's shown next to nothing to suggest he's better than anyone else in any department 

Squad player at best imo 

7 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

What does he actually offer though Bill? He has a little bite to his game but bar that he's shown next to nothing to suggest he's better than anyone else in any department 

Squad player at best imo 

Shows for the ball and looks forward when on it. Two things Gana and Schneiderlin don't do. 

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Shows for the ball and looks forward when on it. Two things Gana and Schneiderlin don't do. 

Not saying he is the answer, but this is right.

He is a willing and forward looking player. Can he do any worse than those two together?

You know what I didn't think that previous post through, I can't be arsed being gang banged by Bill and Pete on Besic and Gana 🤔

Either way the fringe players won't help and are no better and the the majority of the first team look shite which leaves one option.... Buy