Sign in to follow this  
aaron

Marcos Rojo

30 million pounds for a permanently injured flop who, as that article puts it, "was embarrassed by Kylian Mbappe in their knockout defeat to France"? No thanks.  Tired of being the club United dump their rejects onto (and in this case, for TWICE what they paid for him!).  

This makes no sense to me but Silva had him at Sporting. Mori mk II for me - hope I’m proved wrong if we signed him but this would leave me massively underwhelmed.

The one positive is he’s left footed.

I hope this is untrue but it would make the fact that we’re not in for the cheaper, younger, less injury prone, probably more reliable and English Mawson completely baffling!

12 minutes ago, c1982 said:

This makes no sense to me but Silva had him at Sporting.

And sold him, for a relatively small fee. And in his time at United he's done nothing at all to impress anyone, yet that MEN article says United are set to double their money on him?? Hopefully this is just very lazy journalism, with papers now reduced to seeing what defenders Silva used to manage and making wild speculations based on that.  

If he's fit he's a very good player in the right system/team tbh, most of my mates who support United really rate him 

Good in the air quick and versatile and can play the ball out from the back very  well, if we could get Mina (doubtful I know) or someone similar beside him I'd be happy having him here

Coleman------Mina------Rojo------Digne 

That's a great back four imo 

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united/story/3579537/everton-target-manchester-united-centre-back-marcos-rojo-sources

seeing between 15m and 20m as well. If he is fully fit and we could do 15m plus add ons I’m ok with that, he would be better than what we have and Silva knows him.  I’m coming around on this.

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

As much as I dont really like Rojo he is better than what we have (other than Jags) and is a much better fit than plodders Keane and Williams.

I’m not sure he is. Always been a liability when I’ve seen him play. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I always thought he was a LB that had been shoehorned into playing CB when United were having an injury crisis at CB. 

He's the opposite I think from what I've read, originally a CB adapted to a LB wingback and LW'er 

Might be Darmian your thinking of as Mourinho has the two playing everywhere at the back I've confused the two before tbh 

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m not sure he is. Always been a liability when I’ve seen him play. 

Yeh he is. No more than Williams or Keane though and he is far quicker, more mobile and left footed. 

I dont really want him here though but I would have him ahead of the two named above.

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Should've just kept Mori. 

Actually he was better than any we have now, big mistake. Now if they go and sell Besic as well we will have lost the only two defenders who have any fire in their belly,

51 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yeh he is. No more than Williams or Keane though and he is far quicker, more mobile and left footed. 

I dont really want him here though but I would have him ahead of the two named above.

Maybe, if he’s not suspended or injured. I’ll grant you Williams but not Keane. 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Actually he was better than any we have now, big mistake. Now if they go and sell Besic as well we will have lost the only two defenders who have any fire in their belly,

Besic has played CB before. Less of a red card threat than Rojo.

I think he’d be ok you know- he’s a snide and a nasty bastard. We desperately need a player like that-  problem I have is his wages. He’s better than any of our current centre halves but if £170 a week is true then not a chance.

On 03/08/2018 at 18:24, seve said:

Surely this is a red herring,  not for me

I do wonder with Man U playing silly buggers with Mina if we thought ‘fuck it, two can play at that game!’

Sounds like Man Utd were playing silly buggers again. I've read reports that Rojo was eager to sign for Everton and that he was unhappy at Utd.

I can respect him for that if he had desired to come to get more football opportunities rather than sit on the bench collecting a wage, even though I don't particularly rate him all that much.

I do hope that he manages to get a loan move or a full transfer somewhere else and then Man Utd fucking implode this season and get relegated. If only for that dastardly kit they've subjected us all to.