IGNORED

Predict Our Result: 2018/2019 Season

Cornish Steve

23 hours ago, johnh said:

How did forecasting a 2 - 0 win to Chelsea get more points than those who forecast the correct outcome (a draw)?

Because of two points for predicting the correct first goalscorer (none). It's a quirk I pointed out when changing the rules last season (before, you couldn't score a 10-pointer if Everton failed to score). The compromise was that you're allowed to predict 2-0 and Richarlison, for example, or 2-1 and 'none'.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Because of two points for predicting the correct first goalscorer (none). It's a quirk I pointed out when changing the rules last season (before, you couldn't score a 10-pointer if Everton failed to score). The compromise was that you're allowed to predict 2-0 and Richarlison, for example, or 2-1 and 'none'.

Thanks Steve.  Did you mean:  The compromise was that you're allowed to predict 2-1 and Richarlison for example, or 2-0 and 'none'?

I thought long and hard about this forecast.  The way we were playing, I thought we could get a draw. Couldn't see Chelsea not scoring (Hazard) but thought we could nick one.  Didn't get the score right but got the result right.  Finished below those who thought Chelsea would win 2 - 0.  Just seem odd.  I know you spent a lot of time on this last season (I should have taken more notice) and with the amount of effort (much appreciated) that you put in,  I am not being critical,  just making a point. It seems even odder when you consider that if someone had forecast a 10 - 0 win to Chelsea, they would still have finished higher than someone who forecast the correct result - a draw!