IGNORED

Predict Our Result: 2018/2019 Season

Cornish Steve

On 14/11/2018 at 07:43, johnh said:

Thanks Steve.  Did you mean:  The compromise was that you're allowed to predict 2-1 and Richarlison for example, or 2-0 and 'none'?

I thought long and hard about this forecast.  The way we were playing, I thought we could get a draw. Couldn't see Chelsea not scoring (Hazard) but thought we could nick one.  Didn't get the score right but got the result right.  Finished below those who thought Chelsea would win 2 - 0.  Just seem odd.  I know you spent a lot of time on this last season (I should have taken more notice) and with the amount of effort (much appreciated) that you put in,  I am not being critical,  just making a point. It seems even odder when you consider that if someone had forecast a 10 - 0 win to Chelsea, they would still have finished higher than someone who forecast the correct result - a draw!

No, I meant 2-0 and Richarlison, or 2-1 and 'none'. This was the compromise for awarding a 10-pointer when Everton fails to score. In effect, 'none' becomes the first scorer. You can try to play it both ways, gaining two points for 'none' even while predicting 2-1.

On 25/11/2018 at 02:49, Cornish Steve said:

Congratulations to those who correctly predicted the correct score to score five points: AlbanyNYToffee and myself. johnh also scored five points via a different route. For the month of November, I managed to come out tops. nyblue23 leads for the season and per prediction, but his lead is shortening.

QFY4SHo.png

Steve,  must own up.  I originally nominated Sigurdsson as my scorer but when Matt told me he was injured, I edited my post to nominate Walcott.  I think you may have missed this.  I know where Matt lives and have made arrangements.😁

14 minutes ago, johnh said:

Steve,  must own up.  I originally nominated Sigurdsson as my scorer but when Matt told me he was injured, I edited my post to nominate Walcott.  I think you may have missed this.  I know where Matt lives and have made arrangements.😁

I think you should keep the points for your honesty  and to save Matt getting a punch 🥊 on the nose 😁

14 hours ago, johnh said:

I was coming on to post that I'd advised you against him and should keep Siggy as first scorer. But sod ya :shakingfist:

:P