IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Away) Saturday August 11th

markjazzbassist

8 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Look at the Jags replay without your Everton goggles on. It was a clear red. 

If that's a red (without goggles) I'm going to start watching hockey. No malicious intent, got the ball, for me a great recovery tackle; ten years ago it might be a yellow, twenty a free kick, thirty ref plays on. Absurd.

Just now, Bailey said:

Thats why stats can be misleading. Been wiping Keanes arse all half.

I’m pretty sure you’re cleaning his on this occasion. The guy is well past it. Those stats are seriously poor and point to someone way way out of his depth. Unfortunately this will now be the winding down of his Everton career. 3 seasons too late 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Think you're being a bit harsh. Before the red we were in complete control of the game and was managing the game perfectly. We were sitting back because we were winning (and away from home)! 

Thought Gana has done well IMO . 

I dont think we were in control, they just weren't connecting the final ball. Dont get me wrong we were doing OK and dont deserve to be behind but we offered nothing going forward. I dont think we even had a chance but then neither did they.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

Hoping for a fired up side that wants it.  Pull off Cenk for sandro and go for pace on the break.  Walcott up top

Yes, Cenk wasn't getting balls much and was looking cold even before the red but after the red, he is more a game for Niasse or Sandro up front, than Cenk.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If that's a red (without goggles) I'm going to start watching hockey. No malicious intent, got the ball, for me a great recovery tackle; ten years ago it might be a yellow, twenty a free kick, thirty ref plays on. Absurd.

It wasn't a red for a dangerous tackle it was because he stopped a goal scoring opportunity if hadn't been the last man it would have been a yellow at worse.

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It wasn't a red for a dangerous tackle it was because he stopped a goal scoring opportunity if hadn't been the last man it would have been a yellow at worse.

So how long is it until a defender makes a perfectly good tackle but gets a red because he's denied a goal-scoring opportunity? It was never a dangerous tackle in a million years.

4 minutes ago, Peter H said:

I think he has been ok. Not good but he has done an ok job so far. Gana has benn worse imo

Not making himself available for the ball at all. Standing 5 yards away ball watching and drawing defenders closer. Offers nothing going forward and hasn’t been well positioned at the back.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

So how long is it until a defender makes a perfectly good tackle but gets a red because he's denied a goal-scoring opportunity? It was never a dangerous tackle in a million years.

We no it wasn't a dangerous tackle but it was definitely a foul 100%.