IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Away) Saturday August 11th

markjazzbassist

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Amazing looking at the bookies odds for this season that Wolves are seen as on a par with Leicester and West Ham going for 8th place (they have us a clear 7th), unheard of for a promoted team in recent history.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-6-finish

They have a good squad, good manager and play sensible attacking football. I see them 10th to 12th.

watched the press conference.  some good info here:

when asked where bernard will play he said "he can play on the left, behind the striker, on the right, along with gylfi and kieran".  that seems to be the trio that will be in the 10/ACM roles for us then.  nice to hear dowell will be involved.

on overpaying for richarlison "one year ago they said we overpaid for jordan, now no one would complain about that price", very well played marco, i thought that was clever.

IM SO EXCITED FOR FOOTBALL AGAIN, COYB

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I just hope we get something out of this game. Would be such a shame to see all the optimism drain away in the first game of the season when we dont have much choice but to field the likes of Keane and Shneiderlin.

At the very least, we’ll be left with something to look forward to.

And this is where we prepare to fail. 3 signings and everyone has gone from "I'm really worried for us this season" to "I can see 6th being a possibility" we do it to ourselves. Top 10 and a good cup run is all I'm asking for in his first year. Get his complete squad and play attractive football and change the ethos of the club.... Then crack on after that.

Draw at best for this. Wolves are on a real high, they were a good team last season and have strengthened impressively. None of our deadline day signings are involved so it's the CBs and CMs that have played dogshit all preseason. Can see it being a couple of months at least before Silva starts getting what he wants. I know it's an alien concept in these parts but we're going to have to learn a bit of patience! 

The new boys obviously won't be ready so this is the best we can do!

I don't expect too much for a few games so hopefully we'll pluck a result out.

Wolves have a lot of new boys too so there's a chance they won't all be gelled yet.

I think a draw here...or defeat if our defence plays as they did in pre season!!!

16 minutes ago, Steve_E said:

Vlasic has been told to train away from the first team, hasn't he? Lookman though won't be happy. 

I think it says more about what lookman must be doing behind the scenes.  

From what I gather the asking price was £30m and lookman and their manager were a bit peeved about that. 

The lad clearly needs to get on board and give the new regime a chance. 

43 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Didn't think he would like up Gana with Morgan.

41 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Does Gana play in a more advanced role?

He lined up like that in the last two pre-season games so surely it wasnt too much of a shock!?

I would also expect they will also play the way they did in pre-season, alongside each other but with Gana given more reign to get forward and Siggy at 10.

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I think it says more about what lookman must be doing behind the scenes.  

From what I gather the asking price was £30m and lookman and their manager were a bit peeved about that. 

The lad clearly needs to get on board and give the new regime a chance. 

Fuck him off!!! Sounds like another Sterling in the making. Demanding before we've even seen anything of him.

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He lined up like that in the last two pre-season games so surely it wasnt too much of a shock!?

I would also expect they will also play the way they did in pre-season, alongside each other but with Gana given more reign to get forward and Siggy at 10.

I thought he'd have realised it doesn't work by now.