A bit off-topic and sorry in advance for that but I was wondering earlier whatever happened to that guy we had on loan for what seemed like a week last season, Mangala. Man what a complete clusterfuck of a signing he turned out to be for City:

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/07/18/eliaquim-mangala-transfer-update-as-manchester-city-man-continues-to-recover-from-injury/

Zouma is solid. No way I’d want him over lascelles but we need two centre halves. Jags is a back up, as is Keane. Holgate when fit makes me happy so could compete with Zouma/Keane that makes Mina or Simone else 

Is he meant to be a ball playing CB?  If we are after someone like Mina then we need another to compliment.  Right now we have absolutely no way to come out from the back. (Unless Holgate is the plan)  I have to think SIlva's style would demand someone back there who has confidence on the ball. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Zouma is solid. No way I’d want him over lascelles but we need two centre halves. Jags is a back up, as is Keane. Holgate when fit makes me happy so could compete with Zouma/Keane that makes Mina or Simone else 

What makes you think Jags is a back up? Right now he’s first choice, by far our best defender. Regardless of the next few days, Jags and Keane have the starting spots on Saturday. 

I’ve always like Zouma though, looked a real talent. Not sure how his last year or so has gone. 

32 minutes ago, StevO said:

What makes you think Jags is a back up? Right now he’s first choice, by far our best defender. Regardless of the next few days, Jags and Keane have the starting spots on Saturday. 

I’ve always like Zouma though, looked a real talent. Not sure how his last year or so has gone. 

I get the feeling he hasn't been the same since his injury in the 15-16 season. Still managed to play the majority of games for Stoke last season while on loan, but they did get relegated 😕 Loan to buy might be the best option for him.

4 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Is he meant to be a ball playing CB?  If we are after someone like Mina then we need another to compliment.  Right now we have absolutely no way to come out from the back. (Unless Holgate is the plan)  I have to think SIlva's style would demand someone back there who has confidence on the ball. 

Which is why id prefer Lindelöf

5 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Are you trying to say that Mina is good or bad on the ball? Because there's a reason a team like Barcelona bought him initially.

1 hour ago, Vranny said:

Are you trying to say that Mina is good or bad on the ball? Because there's a reason a team like Barcelona bought him initially.

Fair question. My impressing was the he was more the physical imposing type, not the silky ball playing variety, but I've only seen him play a handful of times and was not watching for him

40 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Fair question. My impressing was the he was more the physical imposing type, not the silky ball playing variety, but I've only seen him play a handful of times and was not watching for him

It's just that the main things I've heard about him are his aerial presence and how he's very much the modern defender in how good he is on the ball and with his passing 😅 My main concerns over him are whether he'd be able to adapt to a more physical, high-tempo league and that (from all reports) he's quite an aggressive, pressing defender who'll probably need a calmer head next to him in defense to keep him in check.

Edit: forgot that this is in the Zouma thread, but I am talking about Mina above 🤣

Here’s what my Stoke supporting mate said about Zouma... ‘I liked him...big and strong, quite pacey...good potential but not sure he’s top four/six quality. Might shine in a better side than we were last season though.’

Hang on...he was relegated with Stoke last season, doesn't that automatically make him shit?

Same with Jack Grealish and Spurs chasing him, he got relegated so he must be shit too. Why they after him?!

Relegated = Shit. Apparently.

21 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Hang on...he was relegated with Stoke last season, doesn't that automatically make him shit?

Same with Jack Grealish and Spurs chasing him, he got relegated so he must be shit too. Why they after him?!

Relegated = Shit. Apparently.

to add to that list - Gana and Pickford. Im sure Jags was relegated with Shef Utd too.

As for Zouma, I'd take him for sure, loan to buy, see how he does. Still I would say we need another CB to partner him.

43 minutes ago, aaron said:

to add to that list - Gana and Pickford. Im sure Jags was relegated with Shef Utd too.

As for Zouma, I'd take him for sure, loan to buy, see how he does. Still I would say we need another CB to partner him.

It was sarcasm all about the Gana debacle  😉😉😉

28 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Hope this one goes through, looks like he'd do well covering back for Mina/Keane.  Looks big, quick, and there's a little "no nonsense" about him.

Well summarised. I’d be very happy to bring him in

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We haven’t actually completed any of them yet, so what exactly aren’t you used to? :lol: 

Ey don't piss on my chips 😂

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just as an aside, if you’re posting a twitter link just press space after the link and it’ll embed it :) 

You think I've had time for that whilst I've got about ten tabs open TV blasting and two feral kids to contend with 😂

Not actually confirmed yet though. Sheets in, but not gone through.... we are Everton remember..... a much better one today, but aWverton nonetheless!

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Not actually confirmed yet though. Sheets in, but not gone through.... we are Everton remember..... a much better one today, but aWverton nonetheless!

Same for Gomes and Mina. 

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mina and Gomes didn’t even leave Spain...

Fair. I didn’t read anything about Zouma having a medical though, which is where my suspicion stems from. Fingers crossed this one goes through in the next 20. 

I’ll be ecstatic now I know it’s an actual possibility he’s coming. Not sure he’s the most clever footballer I’ve ever seen, but he’s big, strong and quick. Very excited. 

These have always historically fallen through. We normally struggle to get one through the door on deadline day ....... a sign of the new management! 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

No. Everton haven’t confirmed Gomes or Mina either. 

Barca have though so they’re done- nothing said about this anywhere though