IGNORED

Kurt Zouma

A bit off-topic and sorry in advance for that but I was wondering earlier whatever happened to that guy we had on loan for what seemed like a week last season, Mangala. Man what a complete clusterfuck of a signing he turned out to be for City:

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/07/18/eliaquim-mangala-transfer-update-as-manchester-city-man-continues-to-recover-from-injury/

Is he meant to be a ball playing CB?  If we are after someone like Mina then we need another to compliment.  Right now we have absolutely no way to come out from the back. (Unless Holgate is the plan)  I have to think SIlva's style would demand someone back there who has confidence on the ball. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Zouma is solid. No way I’d want him over lascelles but we need two centre halves. Jags is a back up, as is Keane. Holgate when fit makes me happy so could compete with Zouma/Keane that makes Mina or Simone else 

What makes you think Jags is a back up? Right now he’s first choice, by far our best defender. Regardless of the next few days, Jags and Keane have the starting spots on Saturday. 

I’ve always like Zouma though, looked a real talent. Not sure how his last year or so has gone. 

32 minutes ago, StevO said:

What makes you think Jags is a back up? Right now he’s first choice, by far our best defender. Regardless of the next few days, Jags and Keane have the starting spots on Saturday. 

I’ve always like Zouma though, looked a real talent. Not sure how his last year or so has gone. 

I get the feeling he hasn't been the same since his injury in the 15-16 season. Still managed to play the majority of games for Stoke last season while on loan, but they did get relegated 😕 Loan to buy might be the best option for him.

4 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Is he meant to be a ball playing CB?  If we are after someone like Mina then we need another to compliment.  Right now we have absolutely no way to come out from the back. (Unless Holgate is the plan)  I have to think SIlva's style would demand someone back there who has confidence on the ball. 

Which is why id prefer Lindelöf

5 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Are you trying to say that Mina is good or bad on the ball? Because there's a reason a team like Barcelona bought him initially.

1 hour ago, Vranny said:

Are you trying to say that Mina is good or bad on the ball? Because there's a reason a team like Barcelona bought him initially.

Fair question. My impressing was the he was more the physical imposing type, not the silky ball playing variety, but I've only seen him play a handful of times and was not watching for him

40 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Fair question. My impressing was the he was more the physical imposing type, not the silky ball playing variety, but I've only seen him play a handful of times and was not watching for him

It's just that the main things I've heard about him are his aerial presence and how he's very much the modern defender in how good he is on the ball and with his passing 😅 My main concerns over him are whether he'd be able to adapt to a more physical, high-tempo league and that (from all reports) he's quite an aggressive, pressing defender who'll probably need a calmer head next to him in defense to keep him in check.

Edit: forgot that this is in the Zouma thread, but I am talking about Mina above 🤣

21 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Hang on...he was relegated with Stoke last season, doesn't that automatically make him shit?

Same with Jack Grealish and Spurs chasing him, he got relegated so he must be shit too. Why they after him?!

Relegated = Shit. Apparently.

to add to that list - Gana and Pickford. Im sure Jags was relegated with Shef Utd too.

As for Zouma, I'd take him for sure, loan to buy, see how he does. Still I would say we need another CB to partner him.

28 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Hope this one goes through, looks like he'd do well covering back for Mina/Keane.  Looks big, quick, and there's a little "no nonsense" about him.

Well summarised. I’d be very happy to bring him in