Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Kurt Zouma

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Matt said:

I really hope that we have a clause to buy the lad. I know what he’s said, but Lukaku said the same and stayed way past his 1 season loan. Can we get lucky twice?

There’s no clause- Silva has said there isn’t hopefully he loves it here and we offer Chelsea enough money to tempt them- IF he continues to impress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddock said:

There’s no clause- Silva has said there isn’t hopefully he loves it here and we offer Chelsea enough money to tempt them- IF he continues to impress.

Did we have one for Lukaku? Can’t remember now  

I agree, only if he continues to do well. Not well enough that he’d go back to Chelsea but we’ll enough to prove himself and go on the following season to be a superstar with us :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matt said:

Did we have one for Lukaku? Can’t remember now  

I agree, only if he continues to do well. Not well enough that he’d go back to Chelsea but we’ll enough to prove himself and go on the following season to be a superstar with us :) 

No we didn't.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable he's been on the ball more than anything. Watching him on loan last season and he just looked like a lumbering, typical old-school defender. He even looked like he was running in quicksand. But in his handful of appearances with us he's looked at ease on the ball and like he has a good burst of speed to get himself out of trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think the reason he looked iffy at stoke is they kept playing a back 3, it seems he's more comfortable in a back 4.  the thing i've noticed about Zouma is he could play basketball with the leap he has.  I swear he is a foot above anyone near him on every defensive header, the lad wins them all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

No we didn't.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable he's been on the ball more than anything. Watching him on loan last season and he just looked like a lumbering, typical old-school defender. He even looked like he was running in quicksand. But in his handful of appearances with us he's looked at ease on the ball and like he has a good burst of speed to get himself out of trouble.

He was coming back from an awful injury last season in a very poor team which could have attributed.

I’ve got a feeling that he could be in Chelsea’s long term plans with Cahill on his last legs, Luiz getting on a bit (and looking dodgy!) only leaving Rüdiger and Christensen as ‘senior’ centre backs unless Sarri eventually sees Azpilacueta as a centre back option too. Zouma certainly looked good enough before his injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I’ve always liked him- I think he’s going to be a fantastic player in a couple of years. He’s strong, quick ( but not rapid tbf) and he is good on the ball. Stoke were just dreadful last season. 

That’s why I thought he did well with Holgate, they balance each other out well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×