Reports that Ethan Ampadu is going to head out on loan.  Lampard also recently said he does not need new players to be successful.

Looking less likely everyday...

Hoping Brands levels up from magician to grand sorcerer.

39 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Reports that Ethan Ampadu is going to head out on loan.  Lampard also recently said he does not need new players to be successful.

Looking less likely everyday...

Hoping Brands levels up from magician to grand sorcerer.

Agreed. More or less nail in coffin this. They still have Rudiger, Luiz, Christensen and Tomori (who Lampard loves) but they still need one more given CL football so Zouma almost certain to stay. 

Frank is being the nice guy. He says he wants him but he does say he wants him to be happy. Seems an odd thing to say in the context. Maybe Zouma has told him he wants to come to us as he knows he will get game time but is willing to give lampard a chance. We can’t hang about though 

Notice Lampard says SQUAD... I think this is a deal that could happen if Zouma pushes for it. The only way I can see him doing that is if he’s not given some guarantees over game time.

Saying that, if Maguire is going to go for £70m+ and Dunk for a rumoured £45m - it scares me what Chelsea could ask for Zouma based on those fee!!!

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Saying that, if Maguire is going to go for £70m+ and Dunk for a rumoured £45m - it scares me what Chelsea could ask for Zouma based on those fee!!!

Both English players though so for some strange reason (home grown) different numbers apply.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Both English players though so for some strange reason different numbers apply, no idea why.

Fair point and clubs can quote Leicester whatever they want when they get rid of Maguire. The mistake we made when not replacing Lukaku before selling him.

32 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Fair point and clubs can quote Leicester whatever they want when they get rid of Maguire. The mistake we made when not replacing Lukaku before selling him.

I don't see how we could have replaced Lukaku before selling him. It's unlikely we would have had the money for any big time striker and even if we did it's difficult to attract players of that type without CL football. Beyond that,  it hurts our leverage in any negotiation if other clubs know we've already bought a replacement.

7 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I don't see how we could have replaced Lukaku before selling him. It's unlikely we would have had the money for any big time striker and even if we did it's difficult to attract players of that type without CL football. Beyond that,  it hurts our leverage in any negotiation if other clubs know we've already bought a replacement.

We could have had a deal lined up and ready to sign off. It seemed that we pinned all our hopes on Giroud after Lukaku was sold for that to be poo-pooed by his Mrs - surly we could have found that out earlier. I think Brands is much better at dealing with a multiple of incomings and outgoings. I’ve been impressed with our dealings (in and out) since he joined and am excited about what the next few weeks will bring.

I’m airing on 70/30 it won’t happen. He might get an increased contract out of it with Chelsea as I’m sure he is not on huge wages by there standards. On the other side he has got into the french squad while playing for us. He knows Digne well and him and Keane towards the end of the season meshed really well. The euros are coming up not that some players are bothered about that I guess but he knows where he is with us. We could have three centre backs competing not even near their peak. I don’t think he will put a request in. Not many players do these days I hope he has asked to leave the only question is what is his value in this market? His value to us is more than to Chelsea I guess. Tyrone mings to villa? £26 million? Zouma would have to be worth £40 mill? 

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

Rumour going round that he's asked lampard to let him leave. ☺

Sadly Alan Myers has said there's no truth to it 

All the varying circumstances at Chelsea of late have made it very very unlikely

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

Apparently he’s put a picture on Instagram of his footie boots with the number 5 stitched in. That’s not his squad number for Chelsea but it was his number for us 🤔

*Puts on tinfoil hat

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I dont know how it was before but his Twitter account has no reference to any club? Seems a bit strange not to have something about Chelsea on there?

Sherlock he's not coming😀

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

I dont know how it was before but his Twitter account has no reference to any club? Seems a bit strange not to have something about Chelsea on there?

Used to say everton on loan from chelsea. Noticed yesterday he removed that from his bio 

18 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Zouma is sending hints again today😫

I really think if he wasn’t interested we’d have brought in someone else by now. I don’t think it’s over yet. 

seen a few tweets today from accounts that seem to be on the money with other stuff saying we are still trying for him but it remains to be seen if Chelsea will do business.

54 minutes ago, aaron said:

seen a few tweets today from accounts that seem to be on the money with other stuff saying we are still trying for him but it remains to be seen if Chelsea will do business.

seems to be the information has come from Paul Joyce's article! Yeerrsss.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

This would be our best piece of business this summer in my opinion. 

It would be amazing but I think we are all grasping at straws here. There was never any reason for Chelsea to let him go given their circumstances. We all knew that. It would take him being unsettled there and it's fanciful, in my opinion, to think that his one loan season with us is enough for him to ignore a chance for serious game time with them.

6 hours ago, mcirony said:

SHHHHHH!!!

Hopefully Lampard will get all riled up by this and get rid to show he's his own man and won't be told what to do by his ex-boss.

Hopefully.

If we don't sign Zouma then we definitely need another CB to play alongside Keane. I think Mina has the potential to be a decent one, but I'm not feeling very confident after the pre-season friendlies. He seems to take time to get settled in matches. I feel that Mina is one of those players that can win you a game or cost you one at the moment.

I actually think Rudiger and Luiz are decent. Luiz has some lapses on the defensive side, but he's great on the ball and can ping passes around. Rudiger is solid.

At least I'm telling myself this, so it gives me hope that we still have a chance with Zouma.

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

It would be amazing but I think we are all grasping at straws here. There was never any reason for Chelsea to let him go given their circumstances. We all knew that. It would take him being unsettled there and it's fanciful, in my opinion, to think that his one loan season with us is enough for him to ignore a chance for serious game time with them.

If Sarri was still there I think we would get him but its a different ball game now with Lamps