IGNORED

Kurt Zouma

10 hours ago, Matt said:

I really hope that we have a clause to buy the lad. I know what he’s said, but Lukaku said the same and stayed way past his 1 season loan. Can we get lucky twice?

There’s no clause- Silva has said there isn’t hopefully he loves it here and we offer Chelsea enough money to tempt them- IF he continues to impress.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

There’s no clause- Silva has said there isn’t hopefully he loves it here and we offer Chelsea enough money to tempt them- IF he continues to impress.

Did we have one for Lukaku? Can’t remember now  

I agree, only if he continues to do well. Not well enough that he’d go back to Chelsea but we’ll enough to prove himself and go on the following season to be a superstar with us :) 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Did we have one for Lukaku? Can’t remember now  

I agree, only if he continues to do well. Not well enough that he’d go back to Chelsea but we’ll enough to prove himself and go on the following season to be a superstar with us :) 

No we didn't.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable he's been on the ball more than anything. Watching him on loan last season and he just looked like a lumbering, typical old-school defender. He even looked like he was running in quicksand. But in his handful of appearances with us he's looked at ease on the ball and like he has a good burst of speed to get himself out of trouble.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

No we didn't.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable he's been on the ball more than anything. Watching him on loan last season and he just looked like a lumbering, typical old-school defender. He even looked like he was running in quicksand. But in his handful of appearances with us he's looked at ease on the ball and like he has a good burst of speed to get himself out of trouble.

He was coming back from an awful injury last season in a very poor team which could have attributed.

I’ve got a feeling that he could be in Chelsea’s long term plans with Cahill on his last legs, Luiz getting on a bit (and looking dodgy!) only leaving Rüdiger and Christensen as ‘senior’ centre backs unless Sarri eventually sees Azpilacueta as a centre back option too. Zouma certainly looked good enough before his injury.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I’ve always liked him- I think he’s going to be a fantastic player in a couple of years. He’s strong, quick ( but not rapid tbf) and he is good on the ball. Stoke were just dreadful last season. 

That’s why I thought he did well with Holgate, they balance each other out well

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

cahill out the door, luiz is over the hill and not great, they have christensen (not proven much) and rudiger (also not proven much), zouma would honestly walk back into that side.

Not sure he would mark. They will be looking for a top quality CB and I'm not sure Zouma would be happy playing second fiddle at his age. Needs to realise his level. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I can’t see any player at Chelsea planning long term. They are a mess behind the scenes. If a new manager comes in all bets are off again. I like Zouma. Not a world beater but solid 

Yes, but are we any more stable?  He's been by far our best defender and could easily get a transfer to another Prem club.  I hope we will sign him, but there will be others in for him.

22 hours ago, Aidan said:

Not sure he would mark. They will be looking for a top quality CB and I'm not sure Zouma would be happy playing second fiddle at his age. Needs to realise his level. 

I agree. Chelsea have better players there than Zouma, and will want younger potential. They will have him back if he is happy to play bench warmer for them.