IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not for me, though they do very different jobs so it's not a like for like comparison; Gomes offered absolutely nothing of note that I saw, Gana did (though I'm not suggesting he had a great game).

I get what you mean. I think Gomes was more of a flatline whereas Gana's game was filled with ups and downs that ultimately evened themselves out. I guess it depends on what you prefer.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We were talking about the midfield and MikeO made a point about Gana. What is wrong with that?

What is wrong with saying that gana isn'ttt creative in the gomes thread? Everything.  Gana had an average game - gomes had a poor game. 

Are we gonna talk about gana in the Walcott thread too? Yep... peteo brought him up there....

25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What did he do that made him good I never saw it

Then you closed your eyes at "convenient" times....

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I get what you mean. I think Gomes was more of a flatline whereas Gana's game was filled with ups and downs that ultimately evened themselves out. I guess it depends on what you prefer.

.....as witnessed by the unbiased observer.

Bailey, who I rely on as the voice of reason in many threads on here (and who you're happy to agree with when he criticises Gana) saw some "ups" as well as downs today, but you missed them. Why am I not surprised?

35 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What did he do that made him good I never saw it, and I'm not saying Gomes was good either we were completely shit in the middle no one to get us going forward orchestrating taking the game to them, again a complete lack of creativity and football ability from Gana you can't feed off people like him impossible.

Set Bernard running at them three times, that ended in Digne putting in great balls.

Had a shot gimself straight at the keeper. Started the chance that he nearly got on the end of to finish.

Taxi!

Just now, Finn balor said:

I think Gomes is just feeling the pace at the minute and maybe carrying a knock or two. 

He did get a knock a few weeks ago. I wonder if that is still affecting him?

He was very poor today. We were very lucky they didn’t make the most of the chances he gave away in the first half. Hoping it’s just a blip and he gets his composure back.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

What is wrong with saying that gana isn'tttt creative in the gomes thread? Everything.  Gana had an average game - gomes had a poor game. 

Are we gonna talk about gana in the Walcott thread too? Yep... peteo brought him up there....

100% agree with everything you just said but fuck me thats hypocritical !

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I've always been spot on with the subject you are referring to... as hypocritical as that may well be. 

If you mean Lukaku the only person who thinks you were spot on is you

However I was on about the way you dragged him into every single thread on here, as you did with all your other pet hate objects 

34 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If you mean Lukaku the only person who thinks you were spot on is you

However I was on about the way you dragged him into every single thread on here, as you did with all your other pet hate objects 

I know you were.... and I was spot on about everything that would happen with him at United.... and my lingering critiques of him at Everton have never been addressed.  Only 20... he can improve his touch etc. 

Anyway... he's gone. 

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I know you were.... and I was spot on about everything that would happen with him at United.... and my lingering critiques of him at Everton have never been addressed.  Only 20... he can improve his touch etc. 

Anyway... he's gone. 

He has indeed gone so no need to mention, just sitting back and being quietly smug would be more classy than "..told you so.." wouldn't it? 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Gomes seems to have his poorest games when we play with 5 at the back, or am I just imagining it. 

He was overrun in both games. First alongside Siggy who was all over the ship and then alongside Gana who spent a fair chunk of time chasing the ball down the flanks leaving him alone in the centre. Thats how their first chance came.  

I think it’s just a classic case of us all lavishing enormous praise on players after a couple of good games. Bernard against Leicester comes to mind. He’s definitely a good player, I think he’s just played too many games after such a long period out. The only thing that concerns me is to keep on buying players who don’t score. We need players who score goals. We have far too many with zero goal threat

18 hours ago, hafnia said:

Not doubting his quality.... I'm concerned by his mentality. 

Same feeling I had about Barkley. 

His recent poor form is due to coming from Barcelona where he hardly played a game to playing for Everton in a much more physical League without a winter break. He has all the quality to be a top midfielder, and I have seen nothing so far to suggest his mentality is anything other than good.

The man looks so tired still! 

He needs to be miles away from the squad for the Lincoln game, maybe a few days off and he’ll have had about ten days recovery to be fresh for the Bournmouth game. 

Not even a debate about his quality. If anyone needed an insight into his mentality, if that’s what we are going to call it, read or watch his interviews where he talks about how he was in Barcelona. He’s a player who needs an arm round his shoulder and encouragement.