IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don’t need to wait while he on loan mate, can do it at any point and just sort the registration out from the first day of the window. I think he will sign but not until the end of the season. 

As I've previously mentioned, his reported buy-out (every player in La Liga has one) is sitting at £80m. Barca will use the fact his buy out is high, he is on form and has taken to the prem like a duck to water to get a big fee from us, our problem wont be affording the deal but financing it due to FFP restrictions. I'd expect that should we strike a deal with Barca for him there will be a "buy-back" option just like with Gerry and Yerry, although im not sure they put one in with Digne.

8 minutes ago, aaron said:

As I've previously mentioned, his reported buy-out (every player in La Liga has one) is sitting at £80m. Barca will use the fact his buy out is high, he is on form and has taken to the prem like a duck to water to get a big fee from us, our problem wont be affording the deal but financing it due to FFP restrictions. I'd expect that should we strike a deal with Barca for him there will be a "buy-back" option just like with Gerry and Yerry, although im not sure they put one in with Digne. 

I think I read somewhere that we have a pretty good relationship with Barca. Hopefully that will bode well in negotiations.

15 hours ago, Bailey said:

And werent they looking to sell in the summer? 

Indeed.  Even on his current form he does not make the starting lineup.  No way he displaces Arthur, Busquets, or Rakitic.  They really trust Sergio Roberto to be a utility player in numerous positions, including midfield. Also, Arturo Vidal arrived in the summer and is happy to play a bit part role.  If they needed too they could play Coutinho in the midfield.   Plus there are youth products (Rafinha, Samper, Alena).  Even Denis Suarez is hanging around (seems super determined to break in though that is very unlikely)

As I mentioned above, they will sell him, it just a question of to whom.  Best for Gomes and Barcelona.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'm sure Brands said Barca did discuss a transfer but we couldn't afford it and refused a loan, they then softened up and let us loan him.

Just now, aaron said:

I'm sure Brands said Barca did discuss a transfer but we couldn't afford it and refused a loan, they then softened up and let us loan him.

Brands has balls of steel, the way he worked the Mina deal was hard as nails.  Held the line to the last day until they finally relented and sold him at the price Brands set.  The man is a legend already in my mind

1 minute ago, aaron said:

I don't remember reading anything "official" (so far as the papers can be called official), though there have been posts on it. But do remember reading that he was miserable at Barca and they didn't want to let him go on a permanent transfer. Anyway, we will have to wait and see I guess :)

4 hours ago, aaron said:

Correct:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/15/everton-over-the-odds-richarlison-marcel-brands-yerry-mina

The former PSV Eindhoven director of football added: “I went to Barcelona twice at the end of June or beginning of July to speak about a few Barcelona players because [Lucas] Digne was on our list and Mina was on our list. They told me about the other players who it was maybe possible to get. I asked about Gomes and they said no, he was only for sale. I knew the price and it was not possible for us so we left that. In the end, he got injured in pre-season and we started talking about him again.

“I asked Marco [Silva] to talk with him because he knows him very well and the player was enthusiastic about it. I went back to Barcelona and asked if there was a possibility of getting him on loan. At first they were not so happy with that but in the end they came back and said maybe it could be an option.”

5 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Hope we can buy him. Fear he might be too pricey tho. Deffo worth more than 30 mil. Just don't know if Everton have the funds. 

Defo got the funds to afford it, its the financing is the problem with FFP, we cant just spunk £50m on every player because of this. FFP is a waste of time anyway