Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Peter H

André Gomes

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Back training with the first team today. 

I mean...the speed of his recovery is SHOCKING and only speaks to his professionalism and his drive to be back out on the pitch, supporting the badge. Can't wait to hear the ovation he gets at Goodison whenever he returns.

Just been reading it incredibly get JP back as well it’s gonna feel like a new signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2020 at 15:36, dunlopp9987 said:

Back training with the first team today. 

I mean...the speed of his recovery is SHOCKING and only speaks to his professionalism and his drive to be back out on the pitch, supporting the badge. Can't wait to hear the ovation he gets at Goodison whenever he returns.

This scares me TBH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the fact he’s already at this stage and I’m sure it couldn’t of been done without huge effort on his part and the medical team. Also the fact he’s this far along means surely that there’s no complications or issues. Nobody wants him rushed back to soon but if he’s ready sooner than we all thought so be it it’ll only help the team spirit and lets Carlo plan better for next season. He’ll get a great reception on his return and I’m looking forward to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KinL said:

No idea if this was the initial diagnosis and the club kept it close to the vest but in my lifetime watching sports - the real football, american football, baseball, hockey, lacrosse etc. - this is the most remarkable recovery from injury i can remember. Another chance for Goodison to create an indelible memory when he first gets back on the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's clear that his injury looked a lot worse than it was. He's fortunate really and I cannot wait for the cheer when his name is read out before the game, when he comes on (if he starts from the bench, which is likely) and then when he gets his first touch of the ball.

Mate I have to make sure I’m there for that one. It’s gonna be a special moment I’m sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

As much as we desperately need him and an outside shout for top 4 is on.... I just hope he's gonna be ok.

Just think how close we would be without the var mistakes and Newcastle nonsense......

Quickly off the top of my head,

Brighton +3

Spurs ( handball ) +2

Newcastle + 2 

also unlucky not to get the point at Leicester. Maybe +1.

41 points and 1 off 4th. And we’ve been dog shit this year. Small margins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 00:53, Btay said:

Quickly off the top of my head,

Brighton +3

Spurs ( handball ) +2

Newcastle + 2 

also unlucky not to get the point at Leicester. Maybe +1.

41 points and 1 off 4th. And we’ve been dog shit this year. Small margins.

I think the draw against Spurs was about a fair result. They also had a shout for a pen. Agree with the others and if you take into account losing at home to Sheffield (with only one shot on target) and Norwich it could have been so different. Saying that I’m sure most teams will say the same for some of their matches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barryj said:

I think the draw against Spurs was about a fair result. They also had a shout for a pen. Agree with the others and if you take into account losing at home to Sheffield (with only one shot on target) and Norwich it could have been so different. Saying that I’m sure most teams will say the same for some of their matches. 

Agree mate. More so highlighting that despite our horrible luck with injuries and if VAR had swung our way a little bit we would be right up in contention despite being well below average for large parts this year. Ancelotti factor, returning players and a smart window in the summer - already getting optimistic for next season haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to be 100% taking part in training here. Am I being thick? Can't work out who it is who comes onto the pitch just after the Portuguese speakers having a laugh after about thirty seconds and seems to be taking the mick out of them. Is it Moise? Can't tell he's so wrapped up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Looks to be 100% taking part in training here.

Yep, although he's playing in orange shirt in the mini goal game at the end, so others know to go easy on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Looks like Kean just behind the Portuguese speakers.

Pretty sure you're right, difficult to tell he's so wrapped up.

2 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Yep, although he's playing in orange shirt in the mini goal game at the end, so others know to go easy on him.

I noticed that when I watched it through to the end, sensible precaution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MikeO said:

Looks to be 100% taking part in training here. Am I being thick? Can't work out who it is who comes onto the pitch just after the Portuguese speakers having a laugh after about thirty seconds and seems to be taking the mick out of them. Is it Moise? Can't tell he's so wrapped up.

 

It is Kean. Everton twitter posted a clip of that and mentioned it was him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

when the whole barca thing happened with the fans making fun of him after his struggles, it seemed like every evertonian just knew this was the right place for him.  and it really has been.  so happy, he seems to love it here and really enjoy the warmth he gets from fans.  the reaction when he steps on the pitch will be massive.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He’s definitely one special guy Everton will be a sadder place without him around, stay forever André. 

I don't think he will go anywhere, I think he will finish his career here. Player and club made for each other, a true Everton story with what we hope will be a happy ending!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

when the whole barca thing happened with the fans making fun of him after his struggles, it seemed like every evertonian just knew this was the right place for him.  and it really has been.  so happy, he seems to love it here and really enjoy the warmth he gets from fans.  the reaction when he steps on the pitch will be massive.

He gets it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm genuinely excited to see how Carlo has this lad playing......  think Kaka at AC Milan..... is there really a massive gulf of difference in ability?  Kaka was outstanding but I have seen Gomes play at levels where you could pass him off as kaka.  If Carlo can eradicate Andres tendancy to go missing etc them we have a rolls Royce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'm genuinely excited to see how Carlo has this lad playing......  think Kaka at AC Milan..... is there really a massive gulf of difference in ability?  Kaka was outstanding but I have seen Gomes play at levels where you could pass him off as kaka.  If Carlo can eradicate Andres tendancy to go missing etc them we have a rolls Royce. 

Can't tell if you're phishing or serious. Gomes is good but Kaka was special. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I'm genuinely excited to see how Carlo has this lad playing......  think Kaka at AC Milan..... is there really a massive gulf of difference in ability?  Kaka was outstanding but I have seen Gomes play at levels where you could pass him off as kaka.  If Carlo can eradicate Andres tendancy to go missing etc them we have a rolls Royce. 

I love Gomes, absolutely love him, but Kaka?! Come on mate! 

They barely even play the same sport!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Can't tell if you're phishing or serious. Gomes is good but Kaka was special. 

No... I'm not saying Gomes is as good as him - I said kaka was outstanding - a one off But what I am saying is that in terms of "lite" versions.... Gomes seems to have a similar structure.   He covers the ground in the same way, similar if not same height and build.  Very good vision and passing.  He doesn't have the same drug ling skills or two footed shooting ability. 

The issue with Gomes is that his ability seems to drop off a cliff every now and then.  But at his best - he seems to have a similar way about Kaka. 

For me, Ancellotti will know the value of one of those types of players and hopefully get the best from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, StevO said:

I love Gomes, absolutely love him, but Kaka?! Come on mate! 

They barely even play the same sport!

As above I'm not comparing like for like but they do have similarities in some sense,  I think Gomes could definitely carry the ball more than he has. I just genuinely think carlo could really get the most from the lad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Fuck me, there has been more bollocks written on this site in the last 4 days than in the last 4 months.

Just waiting for someone to say that Niasse is the embodiment of Ronaldo.  

Posts like this are what I see as bollocks to be honest....  if someone takes the time to explain how a manager can bring out the best in a player - as he had someone world class with similar atributes before.... then open your eyes and digest what is being said.

"Oh ffs haf just compared Gomes to kaka"...... if you sat your 11+ with the same levels of comprehension then I wouldn't expect pass.

If I said that Carlo may bring out the best in Richarlison because he managed Christiano Ronaldo- who is a similar type of player.... does that mean I'm saying Richarlison is as good as Ronaldo?  Of fucking course not. 

Try and read. 

In terms of ability... is there a "massive gulf" between. Gomes and Kaka? No.  It's the application of ability that results in performance.   We have seen Gomes completely run games single handedly..... outstanding levels of which we haven't seen since Arteta at his best. But we have seen him do some of the worst performances... which hopefully Carlo can sort out.

Try and read. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Posts like this are what I see as bollocks to be honest....  if someone takes the time to explain how a manager can bring out the best in a player - as he had someone world class with similar atributes before.... then open your eyes and digest what is being said.

"Oh ffs haf just compared Gomes to kaka"...... if you sat your 11+ with the same levels of comprehension then I wouldn't expect pass.

If I said that Carlo may bring out the best in Richarlison because he managed Christiano Ronaldo- who is a similar type of player.... does that mean I'm saying Richarlison is as good as Ronaldo?  Of fucking course not. 

Try and read. 

 

 

Much as this may shock you Haff, my post was not solely directed at you, there other people who use this site besides yourself, some of whom have also posted some fanciful things.

The flame wars you are engaging in must be wearing you down if you feel the need to come back with such hostility to a throw away post that was not aimed at anyone in particular. 

Anyhow have a good afternoon, I'll come back when things are a little calmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Much as this may shock you Haff, my post was not solely directed at you, there other people who use this site besides yourself, some of whom have also posted some fanciful things.

The flame wars you are engaging in must be wearing you down if you feel the need to come back with such hostility to a throw away post that was not aimed at anyone in particular. 

Anyhow have a good afternoon, I'll come back when things are a little calmer.

"flame wars?" a post talking about a quality player who we are looking forward to seeing play under a manager who has managed similar styled players before - has been treated with sarcasm and intentional misinterpretation. Not for the first time. Maybe you should have thrown a usual lukaku comment into the mix. 

The pull the pin and walk away approach followed by faux offence isnt befitting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

"flame wars?" a post talking about a quality player who we are looking forward to seeing play under a manager who has managed similar styled players before - has been treated with sarcasm and intentional misinterpretation. Not for the first time. Maybe you should have thrown a usual lukaku comment into the mix. 

The pull the pin and walk away approach followed by faux offence isnt befitting.  

Jesus Christ. Not everything is about you! This may come as a surprise, but after you threw your last hissy fit and decided to leave TT we all still carried on. There was plenty of discussion and not all of it was based around you. LB making a comment doesn’t have to be about what you said or didn’t say. 
The sarcasm you have been met with since your return is due to what you call “impassioned” comes across to many as potronsing and generally an attitude of “I’m right and if you don’t agree you don’t understand football”. 
chill out and realise this place doesn’t revolve around you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevO said:

Jesus Christ. Not everything is about you! This may come as a surprise, but after you threw your last hissy fit and decided to leave TT we all still carried on. There was plenty of discussion and not all of it was based around you. LB making a comment doesn’t have to be about what you said or didn’t say. 
The sarcasm you have been met with since your return is due to what you call “impassioned” comes across to many as potronsing and generally an attitude of “I’m right and if you don’t agree you don’t understand football”. 
chill out and realise this place doesn’t revolve around you. 

Steve.... I really don't think you have me right at all. Quite clearly you don't like me as a poster and that's fine. 

You make this post in quite a judgemental manner which really does smack of a high dose of arrogance and hypocrisy yourself.  You seem to have taken my stance on pickford a bit funny to be honest. Yes... you have tried sarcasm, piss taking of whatever to take pot shots at me but say "It's not all about you" - I'd happily let that be the case.  Pity you can't seem to allow that to apply.

May I ask? What prompted you to reply for londonblue?  If londonblue wants to drop one sentence hooks on lines for me then I'm sure he is expecting a response? - so whilst you are basing your post on this thread you may want to cast your eye over other threads before jumping in and assuming that my response is just relevant to this thread.

Politely put - back off.  I haven't been offensive - I dont get personal I just stand my ground when I feel that posters are starting to take the piss or invalidate topical posts.

This all came from me saying that Andre Gomes is a comparable player in ways to Kaka and I gave some clear reasons as to why despite it sounding far fetched - a proper Everton post.

As for the patronising/all about me/I'm right tone - I try to make my posts as well structured as I can, if they read like I'm a know it all toss pot then hey ho - but I don't need you doing a dime store psychology assessment of me.... stick to moderating posts - baiting - harassment etc......You may have missed a few of these without an impartial hat on. Rather than waiting to jump in because you don't seem to agree with my pickford posts.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t reply for London Blue. I replied as a response to what seems like you think this whole place revolves around you. Even the fact you think my response was because of your Pickford opinion (even though I’ve had much more opposing views than you in the past) makes me think that’s the case. It’s no arrogance on my part at all. Your response to LB just seems like you think anything on here that isn’t the same as your opinion is directly aimed at you. 
 

So, politely, also back off. 
 

Get a grip mate, all I’ve read for weeks is your rambling with Pete. I’m sure I’m not the only one bored of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I didn’t reply for London Blue. I replied as a response to what seems like you think this whole place revolves around you. Even the fact you think my response was because of your Pickford opinion (even though I’ve had much more opposing views than you in the past) makes me think that’s the case. It’s no arrogance on my part at all. Your response to LB just seems like you think anything on here that isn’t the same as your opinion is directly aimed at you. 
 

So, politely, also back off. 
 

Get a grip mate, all I’ve read for weeks is your rambling with Pete. I’m sure I’m not the only one bored of it. 

Again the word "seems"..... like you don't know for sure but are confident enough to make a judgement. 

I left last time due to posts being deleted... not sure why you are bringing that up but happy to debate my views on that?

As for my posts with Pete... you are happy to jump in over one exchange with Londonblue but stayed silent while Pete harassed me for responses....7th time 8th time etc??? Bit convenient I thought.  Did you enjoy the badger baiting on this topic or did you forget that when I did some thing similar over a question about idrissa Gueye I was rightly asked to stop.

Can't have it both ways and if you want to judge me then expect me to judge you. 

Boring indeed. Get some consistency if you want to don the mod hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Again the word "seems"..... like you don't know for sure but are confident enough to make a judgement. 

I left last time due to posts being deleted... not sure why you are bringing that up but happy to debate my views on that?

As for my posts with Pete... you are happy to jump in over one exchange with Londonblue but stayed silent while Pete harassed me for responses....7th time 8th time etc??? Bit convenient I thought.  Did you enjoy the badger baiting on this topic or did you forget that when I did some thing similar over a question about idrissa Gueye I was rightly asked to stop.

Can't have it both ways and if you want to judge me then expect me to judge you. 

Boring indeed. Get some consistency if you want to don the mod hat.

Harrased? Simply asked you to justify what you were spouting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StevO said:

 

Get a grip mate, all I’ve read for weeks is your rambling with Pete. I’m sure I’m not the only one bored of it. 

Steve that’s as much Pete’s doing as Haf’s if not more from what I’ve been reading, are you saying this in your capacity as a mod or a general poster, if it’s as a mod shouldn’t you be relaying the same to Pete or anyone else who’s been debating with Haf and disagreeing, if it’s as a general poster then it could be said your just adding fuel to the fire you wish to put out.

l know you are going to say nothing to do with you keep out of it, but if it’s going to be played out for everyone to see then everyone should be able to express an opinion as you have, and from what I am seeing it’s looking like one person is being held responsible, and I have to say I don’t see it that way. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Again the word "seems"..... like you don't know for sure but are confident enough to make a judgement. 

I left last time due to posts being deleted... not sure why you are bringing that up but happy to debate my views on that?

As for my posts with Pete... you are happy to jump in over one exchange with Londonblue but stayed silent while Pete harassed me for responses....7th time 8th time etc??? Bit convenient I thought.  Did you enjoy the badger baiting on this topic or did you forget that when I did some thing similar over a question about idrissa Gueye I was rightly asked to stop.

Can't have it both ways and if you want to judge me then expect me to judge you. 

Boring indeed. Get some consistency if you want to don the mod hat.

I wasn’t replying to you as a mod, there was nothing to moderate. I was giving my opinion on what “seemed” to be what you were doing. 
It wasn’t anything other than an observation of your post to LB that made me want to respond. If you don’t like the response you know what you can do about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Steve that’s as much Pete’s doing as Haf’s if not more from what I’ve been reading, are you saying this in your capacity as a mod or a general poster, if it’s as a mod shouldn’t you be relaying the same to Pete or anyone else who’s been debating with Haf and disagreeing, if it’s as a general poster then it could be said your just adding fuel to the fire you wish to put out.

l know you are going to say nothing to do with you keep out of it, but if it’s going to be played out for everyone to see then everyone should be able to express an opinion as you have, and from what I am seeing it’s looking like one person is being held responsible, and I have to say I don’t see it that way. 
 

Nothing other than my own opinion Palfy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this might of calmed down a bit....

Look Haff, as I said in my post, my throw away comment, and it was just that, a throw away comment and was not aimed at anyone in particular. If you look at some my other posts in the Pickford thread you will see I have commented on how long it is going to feel until the next match. That is because there is nothing to talk about, and people, again not just you petal, are posting some fanciful stuff, taking the piss, getting on each others nerves,  and in general chatting shit. Which is fine, its an internet forum its what people do, and will continue to do until the next match when we have something real to talk about.

I posted my comment in this thread as it was the last thread I read, if I had read the Pickford thread last I would have posted it there. It was not aimed at you, so please don't take it personally. I have far, far better things to do with my life than to look for ways to belittle you or anyone else for that matter, like playing with my 18 month old son or sleeping because my son does not!! 

As for your Kaka post I happen to think Gomes could be the most talented midfielder we have had here in my memory, I think he is an Evertonian by the way he has taken the club and its fans to his heart, I love him, not in the physical way some do on this site, but pretty close!  But not even in my wildest dreams do I think he is as good as Kaka. If you do mate then that's your opinion, and your entitled to it, just as I am entitled to say its rubbish.

Please don't think everyone is having a go at you they are not. You, Pete0 and some of the others put some pretty strong opinions out there, so you have to expect some pretty strong responses. That is Newtonian Law for you, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".

We are all Evertonians, we all love this club, and care about each other, even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes.

Go easy Haff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, StevO said:

I wasn’t replying to you as a mod, there was nothing to moderate. I was giving my opinion on what “seemed” to be what you were doing. 
It wasn’t anything other than an observation of your post to LB that made me want to respond. If you don’t like the response you know what you can do about it. 

I didn't like the response and I called you out on it.  That's exactly what I know I can do about it and I will voice my annoyances. 

 Any other suggestions as to what I can do? or is it only your position as a mod that gives you the entitlement to suggest anything else?   Being a mod doesn't make you right.... far from it.  I respect people irrespective of their status on here and more on their ability to show fairness. 

I've seen the forum for exactly what it is... more so the likes of yourself Steve. Disappointng and I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it really necessary every single thread on these forums to end up like this?!?! I mean come on!!! Moderators please delete the irrelevant posts (mine included) and please everyone get back to the topic ffs. At first it was the Lukaku thread, then the Gana thread ... yet it is EVERY THREAD.. STOP IT PLEASE !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Steve that’s as much Pete’s doing as Haf’s if not more from what I’ve been reading, are you saying this in your capacity as a mod or a general poster, if it’s as a mod shouldn’t you be relaying the same to Pete or anyone else who’s been debating with Haf and disagreeing, if it’s as a general poster then it could be said your just adding fuel to the fire you wish to put out.

l know you are going to say nothing to do with you keep out of it, but if it’s going to be played out for everyone to see then everyone should be able to express an opinion as you have, and from what I am seeing it’s looking like one person is being held responsible, and I have to say I don’t see it that way. 
 

Appreciate the post Palfy.  It shouldn't take me to do a search on the flow of posts to reaffirm that I've actually done nothing wrong. So I am grateful for someone else calling out the unfair treatment. 

If anything I have spent a morning train ride to Manchester trying to appeal to Pete with regards the pathetic on going pissing contest, only to be hit with 7th time, 8th time nonsense.  No intervention.

I make substantiated posts about pickford and get hit with lukaku digs....  fair play to London blue for making a nice post. 

This post may come across like I'm pissed off.... I'm not. I'm apathetic to this bullshit now.

Pete enjoys a rise,  he either likes argument or can't concede points. Either one - I'm not arsed.  It's a wasted effort as the Gerrard acid test proved. 

Thanks for the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...