IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I can't understand why we haven't confirmed we've signed him if he wants to stay here you would have thought it would have been just a formality.

Because the moment you’re publicly on record as wanting to buy someone, you’ve handed the other negotiating party a huge advantage - meaning you end up paying more than necessary. 

11 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Because the moment you’re publicly on record as wanting to buy someone, you’ve handed the other negotiating party a huge advantage - meaning you end up paying more than necessary. 

Teresa May begs to differ. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

But the management have made no secret of the fact they want to buy him, it’s no secret they’ve said it enough times publicly. 

Could it be that Gomes and his agent are considering offers from elsewhere. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

He ain't going there.  At that price lots of teams would match the offer. Far more appealing teams no doubt too. 

Definitely not it’s either us or Spurs but the Spurs thing seems to have gone quiet I’ve seen no more mention of their interest. 

51 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

It’s quiet all over. Players are on holiday now 

Except there's the mickey mouse European Nations League next week. I'm glad we only have Pickford and Keane involved. We want a rested squad when they report back.

18 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It's hard to say considering it's my own club that's involved but is there really anywhere else that he should go? After making his dream move to Barcelona from Valencia he stated in an interview that he was too afraid to leave his house due to the shame of under-performing with his new club. He even said whilst still at the club last season that if he could sum up his situation in one word it would be ''Hell'' so with all things considered would he want to go anywhere else than a club that has allowed him to love football again and play in front of a crowd that want him to do well? Don't forget that the whistles and jeers Coutinho has been getting this year were doubled in intensity when André Gomes stepped onto the field. He was despised and continues to be, they don't want him anywhere near Barcelona and would like the deal done as soon as possible. 

With Everton he's guaranteed to be supported at the very least. We might not have the Champions League football that Spurs would offer but we do have the security and comfort that he has been looking for ever since he left Valencia. It's easy to think that this deal will go pear shaped and that he will end up elsewhere but I honestly think it would be a rather foolish decision to turn his back on Goodison considering what has happened since his move to the Camp Nou. 

£30,000,000 would see Barcelona re-coup all of the money that they spent bringing him to the club so I can see that figure (or something similar) being accurate. 

Good post mate, exaclty my thoughts.