IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

the more i watch the more i see a similarity to Barry in a couple ways.  His positioning, he always seems to be at the right place at the right time to intercept, pass or receive a pass.  Second, his passing range and vision is very Barry-esque.  Where the comparison breaks down is defensively, Barry was never shy for a tackle or yellow card, Gomes is not that kind of player (don't mean that in a bad way just for comparison sake).

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

the more i watch the more i see a similarity to Barry in a couple ways.  His positioning, he always seems to be at the right place at the right time to intercept, pass or receive a pass.  Second, his passing range and vision is very Barry-esque.  Where the comparison breaks down is defensively, Barry was never shy for a tackle or yellow card, Gomes is not that kind of player (don't mean that in a bad way just for comparison sake).

Barry was a more conservative player.  Gomes looks to have some serious guile about him and with more confidence and ganes i'm expecting more through balls. Very clever (Barry was too).

He’s looked very calm on the ball, very tidy, often picks the sensible pass. He struggled to get the forward passes through, maybe that will come or maybe he doesn’t have it in his locker, but I’m enjoying seeing him play. I’d like to see him put a bit more effort into his tackles, he shows when being tackled that he can ride it and is strong so just want to see that the other way round. Very interesting player so far. 

3 hours ago, aaron said:

His buy out is apparently 80m Euros. Brands has said we couldn't afford what Barca wanted for a full transfer. They most likely wanted upwards of £40m easily. We'll struggle to sign him at £20m mark the way he's playing recently.

I'm sure 80m can be negotiated, it's happened before.